Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 179 of 200 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 2992
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    bold: wow you actually agree with something that I have said. good job.

this is my entire point. the perception that some have is that the NRA is evil and does NOTHING good and is not interested in gun safety. this is why I have taken the time to prove that narrative wrong.
    So you'd be OK with someone thinking the NRA is evil so long as they also acknowledge that they teach gun safety? Gotcha.

bold: wow you actually agree with something that I have said. good job.

this is my entire point. the perception that some have is that the NRA is evil and does NOTHING good and is not interested in gun safety. this is why I have taken the time to prove that narrative wrong.

or maybe because they care about gun safety.

The kid had a handgun and the officer did his job. Sounds like the solutions proposed work.

This is an instance where the system worked as it was supposed to work. The officer reacted quickly to the situation as it unfolded after the first shots were fired.
    Last edited by Crovash; 05-17-2018 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    This is an instance where the system worked as it was supposed to work. The officer reacted quickly to the situation as it unfolded after the first shots were fired.
    Yep. You are going to see this system be as effective as the shooter is. If they are effective, they can kill several kids and then the resources officer gets involved. Thankfully the kid here wasn’t effective.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    So you'd be OK with someone thinking the NRA is evil so long as they also acknowledge that they teach gun safety? Gotcha.
    those that have the opinion and push this narrative that the NRA is evil and does not care about gun safety are WRONG. but I know that you are incapable of admitting that.

exactly and that is the point. when there is a school resource officer there with their gun they are able to quickly confront the shooter. so then I guess everyone should be able to agree that schools should have a resource officer, right? so when these other Parkland students (or Democrats/Liberals) object to resource officers they would be wrong?

the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

those that have the opinion and push this narrative that the NRA is evil and does not care about gun safety are WRONG. but I know that you are incapable of admitting that.

exactly and that is the point. when there is a school resource officer there with their gun they are able to quickly confront the shooter. so then I guess everyone should be able to agree that schools should have a resource officer, right? so when these other Parkland students (or Democrats/Liberals) object to resource officers they would be wrong?
    No one has taken issue with resource officers, people have taken issue with arming teachers. Can you make an argument that counters the actual argument people are making? It’s just strwman after straw man.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yep. You are going to see this system be as effective as the shooter is. If they are effective, they can kill several kids and then the resources officer gets involved. Thankfully the kid here wasn’t effective.
    That is correct. I do not know what kind of firearm the perpetrator had, but I suspect it was not a semi-automatic rifle. I

That is correct. I do not know what kind of firearm the perpetrator had, but I suspect it was not a semi-automatic rifle. I
    My sister in law’s sister teaches there. It was a handgun, don’t know the make or any other info.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    My sister in law’s sister teaches there. It was a handgun, don’t know the make or any other info.
    I would think so, though I have no confirmation. The point is that — as well as this turned out, and it did — the issue on the table is not hand guns (as much of a problem as they are).

So, this may not have been a thwarted “massacre” as some media outlets are reporting.

I would think so, though I have no confirmation. The point is that — as well as this turned out, and it did — the issue on the table is not hand guns (as much of a problem as they are).

So, this may not have been a thwarted “massacre” as some media outlets are reporting.
    She said it was handgun last night, but yeah official confirmation would be appreciated. I agree, this really isn’t the issue that’s been debated in this thread.

Always good to hedge your bets.

“Illinois State Police announced that they believe the weapon Matthew Milby used was a 9 mm semi-automatic rifle that his mother purchased in 2012. The agency said it’s pursuing leads to determine how her son obtained access to the weapon.”

Either way, the mother should face charges as well.

Yep. If the mother’s weapon was used then she should face negligence charges and definitely face jail time.

why? because a hand gun can't do significant damage? there was a mass shooting at Virginia Tech in 2007 that killed 32 and was done with 2 hand guns.

I said before that Nikolas Cruz was mentally disturbed.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/05/17...port-says.html

Parkland shooting suspect Nikolas Cruz allegedly pointed gun at brother, mother, report says
    Nikolas Cruz, the teen accused of killing 17 people during a Florida high school shooting on Feb. 14, reportedly threatened to shoot his brother and mother during separate past incidents.

The violent revelations came during an interview with Zachary Cruz, the younger brother of the suspect, who spoke to the Miami Herald.

Zachary, 18, told the outlet his brother once pointed a loaded gun at him after a spat when their mother came home from food shopping. Zachary said he’d knocked a jar of Nutella from his brother’s hands after he saw Nikolas stick his fingers in it.

Nikolas, 19, allegedly ran up to his room and retrieved his gun, loaded it when he came down and then held it up to his younger brother as their mother watched, according to the report.

"If you're gonna shoot me, shoot me!" Zachary said he yelled at his brother.

The moment deescalated quickly, with Nikolas allegedly putting the gun away and returning to watch TV, he told the Herald. But Zachary said the moment stuck with him and he “never messed with him again.”

During a separate incident in September, Zachary told the Herald about a fight between his brother and their mother, Lynda.

"Nik got his AR-15 and put it to my mom's head," Zachary said. "He was yelling at her because she wouldn't take him to a cabin." It wasn’t clear if the weapon was loaded. He said their mother ran to her car and drove away.

"He was in the middle of the driveway, in the middle of the street with his AR-15," Zachary told the Herald. "I had 911 ready to go on my phone. I was scared. I think he just came up and he put his gun away and I hung up."

Zachary told the Herald that his older brother was depressed and cut himself, recalling one time where he claimed he saw Nikolas in the bathroom with his wrists bleeding.

"He was listening to music really loud," Zachary said. "He said something about demons. I hate saying it but I shrugged it off."

Zachary told the outlet about his brother’s love of guns, as well as how he liked to kill birds, lizards and squirrels, the latter of which he said Nikolas would “preserve its tail.”

"He was mentally ill, and in hindsight, his actions were a cry for help," Zachary said of his brother.

Nikolas was also often secluded from other students due to his autism, Zachary told the Herald. He said his brother “just stood out” because of his appearance and tendencies.

“My heart still feels heavy because of all of it,” Zachary said. “I should have stepped up. He had nobody.”

“A lot of people failed him,” he later said. “Including me.”

The Herald said they interviewed Zachary shortly before he moved to Virginia, where he'd been offered a job with a nonprofit organization. The move came after he pleaded no contest to misdemeanor trespassing at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, the site of the deadly massacre, for riding his skateboard on campus about a month after the shooting.

the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

why? because a hand gun can't do significant damage? there was a mass shooting at Virginia Tech in 2007 that killed 32 and was done with 2 hand guns.

I said before that Nikolas Cruz was mentally disturbed.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/05/17...port-says.html
    Duplicate post.

d
    Every single one of my posts on this event was couched in “may be”, “possibly”, “Apparently.”

I choose not to jump to conclusions, as so many others do, in the media, etc.

My point was — until further information became available — I suggested that a hand gun in this event could have made the situation similar to the one at Great Mills, where the perpetrator targeted his victim.

That the first headline I saw on the event stated that “a hero averted a massacre” seemed like jumping the gun (pun intended).