Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 107 of 207 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 3103
    Though he reversed his stance on the age limit initiative, Trump did endorse two policy proposals with strong support from advocates for gun violence prevention.

1. He called on states to pass extreme risk protection orders, which would provide law enforcement and family members with a legal way to petition a court to temporarily remove an unstable personís guns, and block them from buying new ones.

2. The White House also endorsed the bipartisan Stop School Violence Act and asked Congress to provide funding to support evidence-based school violence prevention programs.

These are, of course, only endorsements (aka suggestions).

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    First Bolded: No, you were wrong because you said I sourced the Onion as if I was posting it for factual content, which was totally false. Source means:

a book or document used to provide evidence in research.

Which I clearly didn't do, so yes you were wrong.

Second Bolded: Again, no. You said definitively that posting from the Onion was not allowed. That is not true. You were wrong again.

Now that we've cleared that up, we can move on.
    no that is not what I said. you might have interpreted what you thought I meant.

this started because I asked if you used theonion.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post

did you seriously just use theonion as a source.

I didn't say you used it as a fact. I don't think the intent of using it matters, you linked to theonion and simply using it as a link is what I questioned.
    as far as I knew there were only certain websites allowed, and nothing else was acceptable for any reason. while not all sites as listed as to what is not allowed, the reputable thread does say "Posting sources outside of what has been said above will be at the posters own risk", and I would think something that is satire would fall under not being good enough.
    not that these rules are followed anymore anyway, so if Scoots (or Rush) don't care about this anymore then let that be known so we can post whatever.

Kyle Kashuv from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School doesn't get the same treatment as the other students at this school that appear all over different media and that more so push against guns.

the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Special is still jaded because he was duped by someone posting an onion article in that fashion.

Seriously though, valade threw out a disclaimer before he posted it. It's not his fault you're dumb.

no that is not what I said. you might have interpreted what you thought I meant.

this started because I asked if you used theonion.

I didn't say you used it as a fact. I don't think the intent of using it matters, you linked to theonion and simply using it as a link is what I questioned.
    as far as I knew there were only certain websites allowed, and nothing else was acceptable for any reason. while not all sites as listed as to what is not allowed, the reputable thread does say "Posting sources outside of what has been said above will be at the posters own risk", and I would think something that is satire would fall under not being good enough.
    not that these rules are followed anymore anyway, so if Scoots (or Rush) don't care about this anymore then let that be known so we can post whatever.
    You said this:

Source means:

So yes, that is very much exactly what you said, even if you were too stupid to realize it.

How could you actually quote the rule, have it right in front of you, and butcher the meaning so violently? The rule is to not use dubious material as sources. The Onion is a well-known satire and humor site (well, to most people, you actually thought it was real and quoted it proudly in a very "special" moment). You're allowed to post it, link it, do whatever the **** you want with it as long as you aren't using it as a factual source--something you already conceded valade didn't do before continuing to get angry about...what exactly?

You just want an excuse to post all the garbage sources you aren't allowed to. This is a nothing issue and an even worse look than you getting duped by the Onion in the first place.

That kid still in the news every day?
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Which one?

Yes.

where is the outrage on the left that nothing is getting done at the federal level...

did they all got mute at once?

Quote Originally Posted by browski234 View Post
    How could you actually quote the rule, have it right in front of you, and butcher the meaning so violently? The rule is to not use dubious material as sources. The Onion is a well-known satire and humor site (well, to most people, you actually thought it was real and quoted it proudly in a very "special" moment). You're allowed to post it, link it, do whatever the **** you want with it as long as you aren't using it as a factual source--something you already conceded valade didn't do before continuing to get angry about...what exactly?

You just want an excuse to post all the garbage sources you aren't allowed to. This is a nothing issue and an even worse look than you getting duped by the Onion in the first place.
    any clicklable link should have to be something reputable and that should not include satire. I also knew it was satire or I wouldn't have even ****ing asked.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    You said this:

Source means:

So yes, that is very much exactly what you said, even if you were too stupid to realize it.
    I did not read what you said in the specific post, or click the link to see what the link was about. I saw a link to theonion and that alone was the reason why I asked if you were using theonion, for information.
    http://www.businessdictionary.com/de...on/source.html
    A specific publication or other type of media where specific information was obtained.

I was under the impression based on conversations with Rush from the summer/fall of 2016 when this "rule" was in place that no link was allowed unless it specifically said it was allowed.
    if I thought theonion was fine for this reason I would not have said anything, especially since this conversation wasn't even related to me.

the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    where is the outrage on the left that nothing is getting done at the federal level...

did they all got mute at once?
    Hard to be outraged when you knew what was going to happen in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Hard to be outraged when you knew what was going to happen in the first place.
    I know ... I was being a smart azz

It is sickening though that congress doesn't have the courage to do anything.

I would be curious to see if parents will withdraw their children from schools that arm teachers. It will be interesting to see if school choice supporters will approve of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post

It is sickening though that congress doesn't have the courage to do anything.
    It would be sickening if this were the first or even second or third time. But at this point we should be either inured or immune.

Yeah, what a shame that some "kid" is trying to effect change by using the media.