Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 207 1231151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 3103
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    93,802

    Is this the right time to ........

    Talk about gun control?

    Cops, kids and a **** load more people have been killed since the last mass shooting and nothing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    82,176
    No. If you could stop trying to have children not be slaughtered, that would be great. We desperately need to have a gun that fired multiple times a second to hunt deer and other creatures that have single digit IQís.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,448
    Nah, it never is.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,509
    Too soon. 28 this year and one yesterday. Plus every other thursdays that occurs after at least 4 days without a mass shooting is the required time.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    43,253
    In the early 90s a school shooting prompted a bipartisan ban on a assault weapons supported by HW Bush and then signed by Clinton. W wanted it renewed but they let it expire.

    Itís been 1,886 days since a mentally ill man with an AR-15 (which I believe was included in that previous ban) walked into an elementary school and killed 20 children among others.

    Mentally ill people on the terror watch list can go to a gun show and buy weapons and ammo.

    So....never. Just give up. The NRA owns Congress. The debate is over unless you find enough funding for a gun control lobby which always seems to fail.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,911
    There was never a good point to talk about gun control after the pathetic, dud of a response to Newtown because, you want to know something, there is no point in talking about it.

    Remember the bumper sticker, "God, Guns, and Guts Made America Great -- Let's Keep 'Em"
    Last edited by Crovash; 02-13-2018 at 06:59 AM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    5,510
    You can talk about gun control whenever you'd like. We should be able to discuss anything of importance without being throttled by emotion.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    82,176
    Quote Originally Posted by C-ross12 View Post
    You can talk about gun control whenever you'd like. We should be able to discuss anything of importance without being throttled by emotion.
    Nice to let us talk. Thatís awful considerate. Just never do anything to stop five year olds from being killed without mercy by weapons that no one should be allowed to have unless they are fighting on behalf of the government in a war zone.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,448
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Nice to let us talk. Thatís awful considerate. Just never do anything to stop five year olds from being killed without mercy by weapons that no one should be allowed to have unless they are fighting on behalf of the government in a war zone.
    You're getting too emotional. Please remove emotion from the equation when talking about the mass murder of five year olds.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    5,510
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Nice to let us talk. Thatís awful considerate. Just never do anything to stop five year olds from being killed without mercy by weapons that no one should be allowed to have unless they are fighting on behalf of the government in a war zone.
    Well first off, seeking permission to simply discuss something makes you look weak. Not you personally, but its a statement about the title of the thread.

    Secondly, propose away. A federal ban on AR's? Do we make a law making millions of law-abiding citizens turn in guns? If they don't then what? Do we swarm houses Waco / Ruby Ridge style? Digging deeper, in 2016, AR's accounted for about 1-2% of all gun deaths. So are AR's the real issue in gun violence?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    43,253
    How about now?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    43,253
    Quote Originally Posted by C-ross12 View Post
    Well first off, seeking permission to simply discuss something makes you look weak. Not you personally, but its a statement about the title of the thread.

    Secondly, propose away. A federal ban on AR's? Do we make a law making millions of law-abiding citizens turn in guns? If they don't then what? Do we swarm houses Waco / Ruby Ridge style? Digging deeper, in 2016, AR's accounted for about 1-2% of all gun deaths. So are AR's the real issue in gun violence?
    We had an assault weapon ban. Just bring it ****ing back already. We can do it again. Limit ammo capacity, limit.....ugh just.

    **** it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,911
    Good timing as yet another school shooting occurred today in Florida.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    43,253
    Gotta love these **** bag politicians. Bob Corker sending his thoughts and prayers with $80k of NRA money in his pocket.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    19,060
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    How about now?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    this school shooting today, no.
    we don't know any details so what is there to talk about?

    as details become available about this shooting, or any other previous school shooting, I think those details could be used to determine possible solutions to this problem. this is more than just about guns.
    how did "X" get a gun?
    how did "X" get a gun into a school?
    what is "shooter's" background?

    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Page 1 of 207 1231151101 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •