Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which of the remaining players was best at their peak?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dwyane Wade

5 27.78%
  • Oscar Robertson

1 5.56%
  • Bill Walton

7 38.89%
  • Jerry West

2 11.11%
  • Charles Barkley

0 0%
  • Julius Erving

0 0%
  • Kevin Durant

1 5.56%
  • David Robinson

0 0%
  • Chris Paul

0 0%
  • Kevin Garnett

1 5.56%
  • Bill Russell

0 0%
  • Karl Malone

0 0%
  • Another Player (Please Specify)

1 5.56%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Why would they get past a better matchup? Did you even watch these series? Tmac wasn't the guy we're talking about vs the jazz but everyone who saw that series saw that Yao was at a huge disadvantage in his matchup.

Same thing once Dallas went small, you don't remember them just isolating Yao? Deke was often a better option and tmac tore it up on both ends that series. Your stats ignore that Houston had lost its starting pf and had traded their other option in a salary dump, they were starting Ryan Bowen against Dirk ffs. These stats don't exist in a vacuum, Houston had a descending core compared to Dallas, it was a miracle it went 7.

Tmacs teams have always been less talented with the exception being that hornets squad where it was relatively equal. Still don't see wade topping him in similar situations
    Because that's what better players do.

As for the last bolded, why not?

In 2009 and 2010 when Wade was in the same situation as T-Mac (inferior supporting cast and 1st round exits), he put up 31 PPG, 5 RPG, 5 APG on better scoring efficiency. So in the same position, Wade was putting up virtually identical statistics (you could even argue better).

So if you want to argue T-Mac raised his game in the playoffs even with inferior teammates, so did Wade so how is that a disqualifier for T-Mac?

Quote Originally Posted by HandsOnTheWheel View Post
    What stats? Try 3 outta 5 seasons YAO played in the PLAYOFFS with TMAC and they did NOT make it out of the 1ST round.Get outta here with that nonsense. 3 CHIPS speaks for itself bro
    No he didn't. Lol were you too young to remember injuries wrecking the duo? Fake news. Besides, tmac was way different in Houston even he admitted as much

That's why ARGUABLY in TMAC's best season, Houston got bounced in the 1st round?
    Correct and that was not a peak Yao either.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Because that's what better players do.

As for the last bolded, why not?

In 2009 and 2010 when Wade was in the same situation as T-Mac (inferior supporting cast and 1st round exits), he put up 31 PPG, 5 RPG, 5 APG on better scoring efficiency. So in the same position, Wade was putting up virtually identical statistics (you could even argue better).

So if you want to argue T-Mac raised his game in the playoffs even with inferior teammates, so did Wade so how is that a disqualifier for T-Mac?
    Based on what tho? Why would I care about per game averages devoid of era related context on top of disregarding defensive environments from a league standard. Who did wade lock down really

So sounds to me majority are on the same page, if you want a chucker and loser you take TMac and if you want a winner take Wade. Somehow TMac was voted ahead lol!
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!

We'll ignore wade losing to Chicago since he was so hurt but it's important to note tmac was similarly banged up in other series as well. All in all they're pretty equal statistically, I just think tmac was way better defensively and playing in a tougher environment

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    So sounds to me majority are on the same page, if you want a chucker and loser you take TMac and if you want a winner take Wade. Somehow TMac was voted ahead lol!
    Tmac never had wades supporting cast. All I see. I saw peak wade lose in r1 putting up less of a fight.

Tmac never had wades supporting cast. All I see. I saw peak wade lose in r1 putting up less of a fight.
    LOL this guy believes 2008-09 Wade was his PRIME.HIS prime was 05-06 and you're trying to compare him to TMAC's best year when TMAC never made it out the 1ST ROUND

We'll ignore wade losing to Chicago since he was so hurt but it's important to note tmac was similarly banged up in other series as well. All in all they're pretty equal statistically, I just think tmac was way better defensively and playing in a tougher environment
    Equal statistically while Wade has 3 RINGS. Hmmmm

You guys already f-ed up. Peak Admiral beats half these kids

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    You guys already f-ed up. Peak Admiral beats half these kids
    No.

Same critical standards or just biased?
    Do you even understand what you are saying

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

LOL this guy believes 2008-09 Wade was his PRIME.HIS prime was 05-06 and you're trying to compare him to TMAC's best year when TMAC never made it out the 1ST ROUND
    Lots believe that was peak wade, the point remains its comparable in stature, far more than post knee/back/ shoulder injury version of tmac in Houston that's for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Do you even understand what you are saying

That your critical eye is short sighted

Tmac and wade shouldn't even be mentioned yet tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Oh ok. Then which do i have wrong. Is it that Iverson is way better than i thought, or Tmac is way worse, because it cant be both.

Sure it can, check out the difference in efficiency and production

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast