Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which of the remaining players was best at their peak?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dwyane Wade

5 27.78%
  • Oscar Robertson

1 5.56%
  • Bill Walton

7 38.89%
  • Jerry West

2 11.11%
  • Charles Barkley

0 0%
  • Julius Erving

0 0%
  • Kevin Durant

1 5.56%
  • David Robinson

0 0%
  • Chris Paul

0 0%
  • Kevin Garnett

1 5.56%
  • Bill Russell

0 0%
  • Karl Malone

0 0%
  • Another Player (Please Specify)

1 5.56%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Honestly don't even think that was wade at his absolute best and if he's even comparable, which he is, if even that version of wade didn't impress in his first round losses then he doesn't get extra credit for having a way easier time to win games
    Playoffs 2006 yes he was. Over a volume of 23 games, he was incredible. SHAQ didn't do much

Quote Originally Posted by HandsOnTheWheel View Post
    LMAO go on down the line 4 years he literally did NOT make it out of the first round. He has YAO and other GOOD role players for a bunch of years bro. Don't act like he didn't have help
    He didn't tho.

Playoffs 2006 yes he was. Over a volume of 23 games, he was incredible. SHAQ didn't do much
    He had way better squads vs the opponent, depends which year when it comes to Shaq. Better than year 1 with Yao that's for sure

He didn't tho.
    SO When do you consider TMac's prime?

He had way better squads vs the opponent, depends which year when it comes to Shaq. Better than year 1 with Yao that's for sure
    YAO'S prime lasted more than 1 year and he was good in YEAR 1. Not really sure what you're on about. The year in question for Shaq was 2005-06.
    Last edited by HandsOnTheWheel; 02-12-2018 at 05:44 PM.

YAO'S prime lasted more than 1 year and he was good in YEAR 1. Not really sure what you're on about. The year in question for Shaq was 2005-06.
    SO When do you consider TMac's prime?
    It definitely didn't coincide with tmacs
    From about the raptors series to the Mavs series is a rough estimate with variables sprinkled in between. Arguably remained an all nba level player thereafter.

tmac has become insanely overrated. i loved tmac. i watched him as a kid and was heartbroken when he left for orlando. i loved his game anyways. then houston. he was the most seductive aesthetically pleasing player i've ever seen on the court. but looking back on his numbers with the same critical standards i would have to apply to the westbrooks and AI's of the world I have to admit he is not nearly as good as i thought when he was one of my heros.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

It definitely didn't coincide with tmacs
    From about the raptors series to the Mavs series is a rough estimate with variables sprinkled in between. Arguably remained an all nba level player thereafter.
    Yes, it DID coincide with the exception of 1 or 2 years. Look at the STATS.

Either way he's being way overrated here. Tmac didn't win **** with the Raps

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    tmac has become insanely overrated. i loved tmac. i watched him as a kid and was heartbroken when he left for orlando. i loved his game anyways. then houston. he was the most seductive aesthetically pleasing player i've ever seen on the court. but looking back on his numbers with the same critical standards i would have to apply to the westbrooks and AI's of the world I have to admit he is not nearly as good as i thought when he was one of my heros.
    Same critical standards or just biased?

The idea that T-Mac always faced tougher opponents than his team is overblown.

In 2002 the Magic faced the Charlotte Hornets who had Baron Davis and David Wesley. They had the same record as Orlando and a worse SRS (1.25 to 0.57).

In 2005 and 2007 T-Mac played the entire series with Yao Ming, against the Mavs in 05 and the Jazz in 07. T-Mac with Yao couldn't get past Deron Williams and Carlos Boozer?

Keep in mind, both those series came down to Game 7's and in G7 of the Mavs series he scored 27 pts on 10/26 shooting and 1/7 from 3 while Yao was putting up 13/23 for 33 pts.

T-Mac's team can explain some of his struggles in the postseason, but he certainly lost to teams he and his supporting talent were capable of beating.

Yes, it DID coincide with the exception of 1 or 2 years. Look at the STATS.

Either way he's being way overrated here. Tmac didn't win **** with the Raps
    What stats? Nah massively underrated

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    The idea that T-Mac always faced tougher opponents than his team is overblown.

In 2002 the Magic faced the Charlotte Hornets who had Baron Davis and David Wesley. They had the same record as Orlando and a worse SRS (1.25 to 0.57).

In 2005 and 2007 T-Mac played the entire series with Yao Ming, against the Mavs in 05 and the Jazz in 07. T-Mac with Yao couldn't get past Deron Williams and Carlos Boozer?

Keep in mind, both those series came down to Game 7's and in G7 of the Mavs series he scored 27 pts on 10/26 shooting and 1/7 from 3 while Yao was putting up 13/23 for 33 pts.

T-Mac's team can explain some of his struggles in the postseason, but he certainly lost to teams he and his supporting talent were capable of beating.
    Why would they get past a better matchup? Did you even watch these series? Tmac wasn't the guy we're talking about vs the jazz but everyone who saw that series saw that Yao was at a huge disadvantage in his matchup.

Same thing once Dallas went small, you don't remember them just isolating Yao? Deke was often a better option and tmac tore it up on both ends that series. Your stats ignore that Houston had lost its starting pf and had traded their other option in a salary dump, they were starting Ryan Bowen against Dirk ffs. These stats don't exist in a vacuum, Houston had a descending core compared to Dallas, it was a miracle it went 7.

Tmacs teams have always been less talented with the exception being that hornets squad where it was relatively equal. Still don't see wade topping him in similar situations

Houston was garbage without even a past his prime tmac, for as productive as Yao was, the team could survive without him if it had its offensive fulcrum. Tmac had that impact even in decline.

What stats? Nah massively underrated
    What stats? Try 3 outta 5 seasons YAO played in the PLAYOFFS with TMAC and they did NOT make it out of the 1ST round.Get outta here with that nonsense. 3 CHIPS speaks for itself bro
    Last edited by HandsOnTheWheel; 02-12-2018 at 06:30 PM.

Houston was garbage without even a past his prime tmac, for as productive as Yao was, the team could survive without him if it had its offensive fulcrum. Tmac had that impact even in decline.
    That's why ARGUABLY in TMAC's best season, Houston got bounced in the 1st round?
    Last edited by HandsOnTheWheel; 02-12-2018 at 06:32 PM.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast