Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Which of the remaining players was best at their peak?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dwyane Wade

    5 27.78%
  • Oscar Robertson

    1 5.56%
  • Bill Walton

    7 38.89%
  • Jerry West

    2 11.11%
  • Charles Barkley

    0 0%
  • Julius Erving

    0 0%
  • Kevin Durant

    1 5.56%
  • David Robinson

    0 0%
  • Chris Paul

    0 0%
  • Kevin Garnett

    1 5.56%
  • Bill Russell

    0 0%
  • Karl Malone

    0 0%
  • Another Player (Please Specify)

    1 5.56%
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 142
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    21,861

    Best Player of All-Time At Their Peak (#14)

    So we do a “top 25 greatest players of all-time list” here on PSD, but I wanted to do a best, not greatest list.

    What is the difference?

    This is NOT a list that measures a players career or accolades, it is simply a list of, if all the players were in their peak/in their prime/at their best/etc. and all in a draft, who would you take first on your team.

    Current List

    1. Michael Jordan
    2. LeBron James
    T3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
    T3. Wilt Chamberlain
    5. Shaquille O’Neal
    6. Magic Johnson
    7. Larry Bird
    8. Hakeem Olajuwon
    9. Tim Duncan
    10. Kobe Bryant
    11. Steph Curry
    12. Moses Malone
    13. Tracy McGrady

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,314
    PSD has failed again. It's a shame.
    RIP lol, please!

    8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

    You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Still1Ballin's basement
    Posts
    28,167

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    26,622
    Bill Walton.

    Anchored a top 5 offense and defense with his Tim Duncan level leadership. League MVP. Finals MVP. His combination of scoring-passing-rebounding-defending outclasses the rest of the competition. This a player who averaged more than 3 blocks per game while averaging less than 3 fouls per game. That is something that Tim Duncan, Hakeem Olajuwon, and Shaq were never able to do. He made his teammates better on both ends of the floor with his incredible passing and help defense. His outlet passing is the stuff of legend. Finally in the most important game of the season carried the team on his back with a phenomenal 20-20 game to clinch the NBA finals while dishing out 7 assists and an absurd 8 blocks. Wade may have scored more ppg but Walton more than makes up for it with everything else he brought to the table. Give it to the mountain man.


    Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    28,640
    Jesus. McGrady? Really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Bucks vs raptors in the ECF. Mark my words.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    26,622
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Jesus. McGrady? Really?
    What could Wade do better than him? Unless you wanna auto-pull the "clutch" card it's nothing. Dribble-shoot-pass-defend are all t-mac.


    Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,314
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    What could Wade do better than him? Unless you wanna auto-pull the "clutch" card it's nothing. Dribble-shoot-pass-defend are all t-mac.
    Are you serious? Wade could dribble better, for sure pass better I have no clue where you came up with that, and actually win. Wades defense is very underrated and he's the GOAT shot blocking guard. TMac could shoot better but that's about it, TMac put up empty numbers and couldn't even get out of the 1st round lol. Wade was getting out of the 1st round his rookie season and winning championships by his 3rd.
    RIP lol, please!

    8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

    You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    41,795
    Lol can we get west in now

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    26,622
    Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Are you serious? Wade could dribble better, for sure pass better I have no clue where you came up with that, and actually win. Wades defense is very underrated and he's the GOAT shot blocking guard. TMac could shoot better but that's about it, TMac put up empty numbers and couldn't even get out of the 1st round lol. Wade was getting out of the 1st round his rookie season and winning championships by his 3rd.
    https://www.basketball-reference.com...01&idx=players

    McGrady = 35.2% usage rate and 8.4% turnover rate
    Wade = 32.5% usage rate and 13.2% turnover rate

    McGrady handled the ball more and turnover the ball over less and had the better ast/to ratio.
    Facts.


    Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    28,640
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    What could Wade do better than him? Unless you wanna auto-pull the "clutch" card it's nothing. Dribble-shoot-pass-defend are all t-mac.
    He could actually score efficiently. Look, I loved McGrady as much as the next person, but the thing that McGrady fanboys love to overlook is that the guy was a total chucker his entire career. Take away the 02-03 season, and the second highest TS% of his entire career was 53.2 percent.

    For every other inefficient scorer in NBA history, PSD loves to rip on them. Posters regularly rip on Iverson, Zeke and even Westbrook for their inefficiency and poor shot selection. But for some reason, PSD has a blind spot for McGrady. The guy was a total volume scorer. And, yes, he he had great court vision and was a better perimeter shooter. But Wade also knew how to turn down a bad shot. McGrady didn't.

    Take away the 02-03 season, and you know what McGrady is? He's a longer, slightly better defensive version of Iverson minus the grit and toughness in the postseason.

    Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Bucks vs raptors in the ECF. Mark my words.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,314
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    https://www.basketball-reference.com...01&idx=players

    McGrady = 35.2% usage rate and 8.4% turnover rate
    Wade = 32.5% usage rate and 13.2% turnover rate

    McGrady handled the ball more and turnover the ball over less and had the better ast/to ratio.
    Facts.
    TMac was too worried about chucking so you cut down on TOs when your building brick houses as opposed to looking to get your teammates involved like Wade did which led to more wins. Facts.

    If you're basing ball handling off of that then you don't have a clue what you're talking about. I'm sure a lot of guys are better than Jamal Crawford in those areas but we all know better (at least I would hope, you never know with PSD).
    RIP lol, please!

    8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

    You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    41,795
    Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Are you serious? Wade could dribble better, for sure pass better I have no clue where you came up with that, and actually win. Wades defense is very underrated and he's the GOAT shot blocking guard. TMac could shoot better but that's about it, TMac put up empty numbers and couldn't even get out of the 1st round lol. Wade was getting out of the 1st round his rookie season and winning championships by his 3rd.
    Was rookie wade better than peak wade who couldn't beat the lowly hawks? That's why team success is the exact opposite of what's being argued here.

    Wade benefited the most from the rule changes. He was like an insanely compact version of Iverson, and just look at how a 30 year old Iverson had one of his most productive seasons. Wade is obviously greater than AI, he's the closest thing we have seen to emulate a young MJ. But you overrate the **** out of his defense. Who has he ever clamped down, he's always been spared the task of defending the opposing teams best player. Tmac loses in r.1 despite being the best player in the series, as a wade fan you know what that feels like, only tmac did it on both ends. Turned 20ppg all stars into puppies, played center in zone schemes, switched onto whoever got hit in several playoff games, caught NBA coaches attention with his defense against guys outside his position. In today's NBA, he'd be even more of a versatile force.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,314
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    He could actually score efficiently. Look, I loved McGrady as much as the next person, but the thing that McGrady fanboys love to overlook is that the guy was a total chucker his entire career. Take away the 02-03 season, and the second highest TS% of his entire career was 53.2 percent.

    For every other inefficient scorer in NBA history, PSD loves to rip on them. Posters regularly rip on Iverson, Zeke and even Westbrook for their inefficiency and poor shot selection. But for some reason, PSD has a blind spot for McGrady. The guy was a total volume scorer. And, yes, he he had great court vision and was a better perimeter shooter. But Wade also knew how to turn down a bad shot. McGrady didn't.

    Take away the 02-03 season, and you know what McGrady is? He's a longer, slightly better defensive version of Iverson minus the grit and toughness in the postseason.
    This. People don't like hearing the truth about TMac or AI. They're very overrated.
    RIP lol, please!

    8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

    You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Was rookie wade better than peak wade who couldn't beat the lowly hawks? That's why team success is the exact opposite of what's being argued here.

    Wade benefited the most from the rule changes. He was like an insanely compact version of Iverson, and just look at how a 30 year old Iverson had one of his most productive seasons. Wade is obviously greater than AI, he's the closest thing we have seen to emulate a young MJ. But you overrate the **** out of his defense. Who has he ever clamped down, he's always been spared the task of defending the opposing teams best player. Tmac loses in r.1 despite being the best player in the series, as a wade fan you know what that feels like, only tmac did it on both ends. Turned 20ppg all stars into puppies, played center in zone schemes, switched onto whoever got hit in several playoff games, caught NBA coaches attention with his defense against guys outside his position. In today's NBA, he'd be even more of a versatile force.
    You lost me when you compared Wade to AI, that's hilarious.
    RIP lol, please!

    8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

    You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    41,795
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    He could actually score efficiently. Look, I loved McGrady as much as the next person, but the thing that McGrady fanboys love to overlook is that the guy was a total chucker his entire career. Take away the 02-03 season, and the second highest TS% of his entire career was 53.2 percent.

    For every other inefficient scorer in NBA history, PSD loves to rip on them. Posters regularly rip on Iverson, Zeke and even Westbrook for their inefficiency and poor shot selection. But for some reason, PSD has a blind spot for McGrady. The guy was a total volume scorer. And, yes, he he had great court vision and was a better perimeter shooter. But Wade also knew how to turn down a bad shot. McGrady didn't.

    Take away the 02-03 season, and you know what McGrady is? He's a longer, slightly better defensive version of Iverson minus the grit and toughness in the postseason.
    Who cares about fan boys, I've always stated he was overrated as a scorer but underrated as an offensive fulcrum due to his microscopic turnover rate. You combine that rare level of production and versatility with his skill, it's easy to see how much more dominant he would be today, if only short-lived.

    TS% ignores his overall efficiency. Delve deeper and I might see your point.

    Lol Iverson couldn't touch tmacs level of production throughout their careers much less ever dream of posting 03 level output, you're not even trying with your hyperbole at this point.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •