Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Spring Training 2018

Pitchers and catchers report today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't understand why today isn't a National Holiday
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Initial impressions: everyone is in the best shape of their lives. Except Matt Harvey, who now has a dad-bod.

Quote Originally Posted by The Futurist View Post
    Initial impressions: everyone is in the best shape of their lives. Except Matt Harvey, who now has a dad-bod.
    Dude, give me Fatt Matt any day of the week. Ever since he got super fit, he's been trash! lol

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post

This is why this site need a "rep" feature. Well said.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Harv is far skinnier than he was in 2015. He's right where he was in 2013 (when he was a ****ing god) and 2016-2017.
    "We're snakebitten, baby." --Fred Wilpon

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    I don't understand why May 15 is not a national holiday.

Looks unlikely, but if you had to pick a surprise rookie pitcher and position player to break camp with the team, who would they be?

I'll go with Oswalt and Guillorme.

Dom and Amed don't count.

Also, we only have 5 OFers on the 40, one of whom is hurt. Without much depth in the minors and little faith in Jose, I expect a journeyman acquisition or two sometime in March.

Looks unlikely, but if you had to pick a surprise rookie pitcher and position player to break camp with the team, who would they be?

I'll go with Oswalt and Guillorme.

Dom and Amed don't count.

Also, we only have 5 OFers on the 40, one of whom is hurt. Without much depth in the minors and little faith in Jose, I expect a journeyman acquisition or two sometime in March.
    Bashlor and Cecchini

Quote Originally Posted by SJ5382 View Post
    Harv is far skinnier than he was in 2015. He's right where he was in 2013 (when he was a ****ing god) and 2016-2017.
    I noticed his lost weight last season too. I didn't seem to help him. When he was fat in 2015, he pitched great. I don't think his weight has had an direct correlation with his pitching ability.

Good for him for getting in shape though.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    I noticed his lost weight last season too. I didn't seem to help him. When he was fat in 2015, he pitched great. I don't think his weight has had an direct correlation with his pitching ability.

Good for him for getting in shape though.
    Joking about the Dad-bod, though several pictures from ST show him looking less than ripped. I saw him up close during a rehab stint late last year and he looked thin. It's really all about his arm/shoulder/rib, etc.

^ Yeo.

Remember when the Mariners wanted Felix to lose weight and he suddenly lost velocity? He argued that his belly gave him the extra kick lol.

Everyone is different, it doesn’t matter how big or small you are, Chapman is thin as hell and touches 103 so I mean, there’s something to that.

For some pitchers a bit of a belly means nothing. But with Harvey fitness level is also an indicator of where his head is at. Manhattan party guy who misses practice or someone locked in on coming back strong? At one point there was a direct correlation between number of chins and number of wins.

I'm not saying Harvey is better when fat. In fact, his best year came in 2013 when he was thin. All I'm saying is his weight has had no correlation with his pitching performance in the past. He has been both good and bad when thin or fat.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

For some pitchers a bit of a belly means nothing. But with Harvey fitness level is also an indicator of where his head is at. Manhattan party guy who misses practice or someone locked in on coming back strong? At one point there was a direct correlation between number of chins and number of wins.
    Exactly what I was thinking. Can't help but think he was partying his fair share in 2015, though, when he was fantastic.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast