Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 34 of 62 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Saw that. According to the report, Sandy was about to do and and the Wilpons nixed it, presumably because they didnít want to pick up Kipnisí contract.
    Fred doing what he does best.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Rosario is garbage man. Just watching him swing the bat, Iím not sure how he was a top 5 prospect...shades of Profar in him.
    Heís ready now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Nimmo has looked great so far this spring.

Familia not so much and he just isn't missing bats. Robles is a dog with fleas.

Sewald and Rhame look great and both should make the roster.

And I have been impressed with our catchers so far this spring.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Nimmo has looked great so far this spring.

Familia not so much and he just isn't missing bats. Robles is a dog with fleas.

Sewald and Rhame look great and both should make the roster.

And I have been impressed with our catchers so far this spring.
    About the catchers, how about keeping Lobaton? He can be the 3rd string / backup guy and is a switch hitter. That enables the Mets to play Plawecki at 1b vs. lefty pitching and get him and d'Arnaud in the lineup at the same time. I saw where Callaway likes Plawecki's hitting vs. righty pitchers so one can almost see where he will get most of the playing time with d'Arnaud getting some starts vs. righties and all starts vs. lefty starting pitching.

Gonzalez has looked like **** so far, but I see the Mets moving Bruce to 1st and having an outfield of Sex, Nimmo and Conforto by June.

Quote Originally Posted by swbwtr View Post
    About the catchers, how about keeping Lobaton? He can be the 3rd string / backup guy and is a switch hitter. That enables the Mets to play Plawecki at 1b vs. lefty pitching and get him and d'Arnaud in the lineup at the same time. I saw where Callaway likes Plawecki's hitting vs. righty pitchers so one can almost see where he will get most of the playing time with d'Arnaud getting some starts vs. righties and all starts vs. lefty starting pitching.
    I believe Plawecki is better defensively than DarNo.

Spring Training 2018

He most certainly is better defensively, which is why after he started figuring out how to be a productive hitter late last season I predicted he would be our main catcher this year.

Time will tell. TDA most definitely has a high ceiling offensively, but he is just rotten at keeping baserunners at first.

(Also...pitch framing is overrated. Looks great on Tv, but umpires donít give a **** about it, hell they canít even tell most of the time)

My grandpappy is better defensively than DarNo, And he's been dead for more than 50 years.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears Ė but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    My grandpappy is better defensively than DarNo, And he's been dead for more than 50 years.
    That's ok. Fred will definitely be interested.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    So, the Yanks sign Neil Walker. I would have preferred him over Cabrera.
    Anyone For A Piece Of Cake?

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotte, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    Yeah but no one could have predicted free agency would have taken this dramatic a step backwards. A lot of these guys are signing for salaries you would have seen in 2003, not 2018.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Yeah but no one could have predicted free agency would have taken this dramatic a step backwards. A lot of these guys are signing for salaries you would have seen in 2003, not 2018.
    It's also called 20/20 hindsight.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Anyone For A Piece Of Cake?

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotte, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

It also wouldn't have happened if the other guys hadn't already signed. Being the last guys on the market isn't a good thing.

It's also called 20/20 hindsight.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The deals were getting smaller and smaller, their just was not going to be guys getting a secret team to pay them big bucks.

But yeah am surprised as anyone at the results of this off season.

I would have preferred Walker over Cabrera, too. But Cabrera is under contract and the Mets, unlike the Yankees, don't make those kind of depth moves.

Walker is a $4M+ placeholder at a position where they already had some decent options.

Now Gleyber Torres will start at AAA, Wade and Torreyes are relegated to fighting for super subs spots and Andujar, who was crushing the ball and pushing them to move Drury from 3B over to 2B, will also have to bide his time on the bench or AAA.

Conversely, our placeholder is a seemingly washed up first basemen released by a second division team, making $3.5M less than Walker.

Page 34 of 62 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast