Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mitchell

9 33.33%
  • Simmons

18 66.67%
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Official ROTY thread

Well seeing that everyone thought Simmons was a run away to take ROTY; and then D-Mitch said "hold me back" and has been playing extremely well.

I think it's at least worth discussing. Because Mitchell can win it; it's not too far out of the realm.

“I think he should be Rookie of the Year, for sure,” Damian Lillard said of Mitchell. “Not just because of his numbers, but his impact on their team. He’s basically leading them. It’s special to see a rookie be able to do what he’s doing out there.”
    It was merely the latest jaw-dropping performance for the rookie guard, who was named the Western Conference Player of the Month in December and January.
    “He’s a really, really, really good player,” Lillard said. “Not just for a rookie, just as a player in the league. PEriod.
    Last edited by Scoots; 02-12-2018 at 02:36 PM.

Simmons is a Sophmore. He shouldn’t be the ROY plus he whines and complains a lot. I wonder how much he would complain after watching Mitchell win ROY.

Mitchell will win it because the league hates the process... Mitchell doesnt deserve to win it though.

16/8/7 on 52 percent shooting

19/3/3 on 44 percent shooting

Its not close but I legit hope mitchell wins because mad ben is best ben and id rather have ben with a chip on his shoulder next year.

what a jaw dropping performance last night... 27 points on 24 shots lol.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Mitchell will win it because the league hates the process... Mitchell doesnt deserve to win it though.

16/8/7 on 52 percent shooting

19/3/3 on 44 percent shooting

Its not close but I legit hope mitchell wins because mad ben is best ben and id rather have ben with a chip on his shoulder next year.
    The league does not hate the process. That's a falsified narritive that you philly fans are convinced off. It's not true.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    The league does not hate the process. That's a falsified narritive that you philly fans are convinced off. It's not true.
    again i can live with simmons losing rookie of the year kinda like saric did... look at how that turned out... saric is on fire where brogdon is meh.. This year will be no different really.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    What's this years performance have to do with last year? Broggy was playing great before he got injured. Saric also struggled a lot early in the season and Saric just started heating up recently. Nice troll attempt. Dilly dilly.
    it has everything to do with it... i was making a reference to how simmons will have a chip on his shoulder when he gets robbed much like saric now does because he was robbed as well : )

again i can live with simmons losing rookie of the year kinda like saric did... look at how that turned out... saric is on fire where brogdon is meh.. This year will be no different really.
    What's this years performance have to do with last year? Broggy was playing great before he got injured. Saric also struggled a lot early in the season and Saric just started heating up recently. Nice troll attempt. Dilly dilly.

So the 6-10 guy gets more rebounds and more assists (while having the FAR superior supporting cast). Yeah, Simmons should be ROY even though he shouldn't be eligible because of Philly's red shirt program they implement on all top picks.

They are both impressive players, but it would be interesting to see what Simmons would be able to do if his second best offensive player was Joe Ingles. They are in completely different situations and if MTM thinks Mitchell is Brogdon....well I dunno what to tell you. They are both special players and ROY doesn't mean **** so let's just enjoy both of them.

Does Simmons still suck without embiid out there? If so, then definitely Mitchell

it has everything to do with it... i was making a reference to how simmons will have a chip on his shoulder when he gets robbed much like saric now does because he was robbed as well : )
    He's also in his second year in the NBA. I'm sure that has nothing to do with it; like being able to practice, learn the ins and outs and get a structured program. Mitchell literally came from animal house, and a ton of hookers at louisville. The fact that he is figuring it out so early is a testamaent to his ability to learn and develop

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    So the 6-10 guy gets more rebounds and more assists (while having the FAR superior supporting cast). Yeah, Simmons should be ROY even though he shouldn't be eligible because of Philly's red shirt program they implement on all top picks.

They are both impressive players, but it would be interesting to see what Simmons would be able to do if his second best offensive player was Joe Ingles. They are in completely different situations and if MTM thinks Mitchell is Brogdon....well I dunno what to tell you. They are both special players and ROY doesn't mean **** so let's just enjoy both of them.
    Lolz good post, agree with practically everything you wrote. I also want to add to you’re ROY comment not meaning **** as right now I would take 3/4 players drafted in last years rookie class over the ROY.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Does Simmons still suck without embiid out there? If so, then definitely Mitchell
    Lolz

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Shhhh we can't talk about that. That is heresy!

I don't buy Simmons as a rookie. He's a sophomore really. I don't think he should be eligible to win ROY just because he got hurt his rookie year.

With that said, Simmons and Mitchell are basically the same age and Simmons is better. So there's that.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast