Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    1) Duncan
    2) Dirk
    3) Malone
    4) Barkley
    5) KG
    “Today, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!” - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    1. Nowitzki
    2. Garnett
    3. Barkley
    4. Malone
    5. McHale
    6. Rodman
    7. Pau Gasol
    8. Amare Stoudemire
    9. Anthony Davis
    10. Draymond Green

* Pettit, Bosh, Webber, Sheed, DeBusschere, are notables

**** Duncan is a center
    What's up with the trend of posters randomly trying to be clever by ranking guys at positions other than the positions that literally EVERYBODY would rank them at? Duncan is a PF. Quit trying to be the smartest guy in the ****ing room, shammy.

Also, this list makes me want to throw up in my mouth a little bit. Davis and Draymond Green? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Bucks vs raptors in the ECF. Mark my words.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    What's up with the trend of posters randomly trying to be clever by ranking guys at positions other than the positions that literally EVERYBODY would rank them at? Duncan is a PF. Quit trying to be the smartest guy in the ****ing room, shammy.

Also, this list makes me want to throw up in my mouth a little bit. Davis and Draymond Green? Really?
    Duncan quite literally is a center though.

And yeah, give me Davis and Green over other guys not in that top ten

Duncan quite literally is a center though.
    What would you call David Robinson, Rasho Nesterovic, Fabricio Oberto, Francisco Elson, etc?
    “Today, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!” - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    What would you call David Robinson, Rasho Nesterovic, Fabricio Oberto, Francisco Elson, etc?
    Bball reference lists Duncan's total career minutes. 72% of which were at center.

Bball reference lists Duncan's total career minutes. 72% of which were at center.
    53% of Stoudemire's minutes were at C, is he a Center as well?

More to the point, if you look at when those minutes happened, before 30, 55% of Duncan's minutes were at the PF position. He started playing Center later in his career.

It has him at Center in some years he was without a doubt playing the 4 tho, especially the years with Splitter. So idk how much I trust that. There's really no argument to be made that Splitter was the 4 and he was the 5

Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    It has him at Center in some years he was without a doubt playing the 4 tho, especially the years with Splitter. So idk how much I trust that. There's really no argument to be made that Splitter was the 4 and he was the 5
    Agreed, but even accounting for it, there's a clear distinction between Duncan and the rest of the pf crop. It's actually quite a compliment that I'm not sure why some get their panties in a bunch about it. Maybe they want to strengthen the pf position by having a center aka the main big in there. Chuck would not be as effective as 5 tho he would abuse more offensively

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Agreed, but even accounting for it, there's a clear distinction between Duncan and the rest of the pf crop. It's actually quite a compliment that I'm not sure why some get their panties in a bunch about it. Maybe they want to strengthen the pf position by having a center aka the main big in there. Chuck would not be as effective as 5 tho he would abuse more offensively
    I agree it is a compliment, and it's 1 of the many things that separates him from the pack. A versatile 4 who could defend/play multiple positions. How many guys at the 4 didn't really want to play the 5 because of the physical toll it took on them, or w/e other reasons they had?

He's primarily a 4, who played some 5 throughout his career. I think that sums it up pretty accurately

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post

More to the point, if you look at when those minutes happened, before 30, 55% of Duncan's minutes were at the PF position. He started playing Center later in his career.
    Thats definitely arguable. If Stat had 75% of his minutes at one position over another then it is less of a debate.

Just because Duncan is capable of playing the 4 doesnt mean he is strictly a 4. He is much closer to a 5 to me.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post

Thats definitely arguable. If Stat had 75% of his minutes at one position over another then it is less of a debate.

Just because Duncan is capable of playing the 4 doesnt mean he is strictly a 4. He is much closer to a 5 to me.
    This analogy might not work for everyone on here but it makes me think of Rod Woodson. Rod Woodson had some great seasons at safety but to me he will always be considered one of the best cornerbacks of all-time. Peak Duncan played PF...

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Greg Popovich didn't seem to think so. I'm going with him

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Greg Popovich didn't seem to think so. I'm going with him
    "Even Spurs coach Gregg Popovich seemed to acknowledge the charade on the eve of last year’s playoff series against Utah. When asked who the Spurs would start at center, Popovich said, “Tim Duncan, like we have for the
    last 15 years.”

Dan Roundfield
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

1.) Duncan
    2.) Dirk
    3.) Malone
    4.) Barkley
    5.) Garnett
    6.) McHale
    7.) Pettit
    8.) Gasol
    9.) Rodman
    10.) Bobby Jones

Webber and Hayes don't make the list. Why do I want PF's who shoot 24 times to score 25 points? Bobby Jones could pass it almost as well as Webber, rebound as well as Webber, defend astronomically better than Webber (at either forward position), and led the league in TS% in an area where efficiency wasn't even considered.

Webber choked in the playoffs... he couldn't play in the big game. Elvin Hayes... the dude is worse than Webber and it's not even close... at least Webber would pass the damn ball.

I wouldn't want Webber as my #1 or #2 scoring option... I wouldn't want Bobby Jones as my #1 or #2 option, but that isn't his primary function on a team... he is a defensive beast, and while not being a main scoring option, he'll get you 15 points on .600+ TS%. Bobby Jones is underrated as ***k.
    Last edited by Redrum187; 02-13-2018 at 05:38 PM.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast