3)Malone
    4)Sir Charles
    5)Gasol
    6)KG
    7) C Webb
    8)McHale
    9)Dennis Rodman
    10) Blake Griffen

disclaimer: I didn't include anyone I've never seen play basketball. I had a hard time at 10. Bosh, Larry Nance, Buck Williams (personal fav), Brand, Terry Cummings- not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

1. Duncan
    2. Malone
    3. Garnett
    4. Nowitzki
    5. Barkley
    6. McHale
    7. Gasol
    8. Rodman
    9. Webber
    10. Nance Sr.

Personal Fav: Shawn Kemp. Big fan of him when I was a kid

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    1)Duncan
    2)Dirk
    3)Malone
    4)Sir Charles
    5)Gasol
    6)KG
    7) C Webb
    8)McHale
    9)Dennis Rodman
    10) Blake Griffen

disclaimer: I didn't include anyone I've never seen play basketball. I had a hard time at 10. Bosh, Larry Nance, Buck Williams (personal fav), Brand, Terry Cummings- not sure.
    There's never a right or wrong path, but let me tell you why each of those has a **** meaning to them.

TD, too ez. Clearly number 1 but only because he took the ***** path and stayed on a team that would protect his center minutes. Always a great team defender but I'd argue his defensive peak came far later in his career, post peak play. Should be ranked with centers.

Dirk, you have some balls. I like the precedent you set going with a limited defensive factor and downright liability for early/final portions of his career. So my question is, why not chuck? Dude made the finals and lost to the guy you consider greater than any other involved here. I'd argue chuck played better in his finals than either of Dirks. He just ran into peak mj, oh well, at least he wasn't Malone.

Oh ****, you have Malone ahead of sir Charles too? Why is it greater to be inferior so long as you sustain that level of play longer? Remember when dream team was happening and people were hyping up how it would be Malone breaking through as a threat to the trinity. Instead it was chuck who stole the show and dominated in ways Malone never could despite having Stockton forever.

Gasol? Short peak, KG had many arguably longer stretches of superior play but gets ranked beneath? Why? Both great passers and defenders at their peak, both shunned away from big moments but kg carried franchises while pau bought into playing limited minutes as his primary intangible.

what's the beef Chronz?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

My list would look something like this:
    1. Tim Duncan
    2. Kevin Garnett
    3. Charles Barkley
    4. Dirk Nowitzki
    5. Karl Malone
    6. Kevin McHale
    7. Bob Pettit
    8. Elvin Hayes
    9. Pau Gasol
    10. Chris Webber

------------------------

11. Dolph Schayes
    12. Bobby Jones
    13. Dennis Rodman
    14. Dave Debusschere
    15. Chris Bosh

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Bucks vs raptors in the ECF. Mark my words.

what's the beef Chronz?
    Angus.
    RIP lol, please!

8/1/2011 - 01/28/2018

You may not be with us anymore but your name, legacy, and what you stood for will last forever!

what's the beef Chronz?
    bored

Power forward is one of the hardest positions to judge because so many of the all-time greats at the position played before our time and it's really tough to measure the offense-first guys against the defense-first guys. It's top heavy, so pretty much everyone will have the same top five guys in some order. But after that, the lists are going to vary drastically from 6-10 depending on how you judge newer guys versus older guys and offense versus defense.

Some people will have guys like Brand, Stoudemire and Bosh in their top 10. Others will have guys like Rodman, Debuscherre and Jones. Some will give more credit to a guy like Gasol over a guy like Pettit, whose numbers are superior but who played so long ago that it's hard to judge. But I'm willing to bet this position will be the one where we see the greatest variation in those 6-10 spots.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    My list would look something like this:
    1. Tim Duncan
    2. Kevin Garnett
    3. Charles Barkley
    4. Dirk Nowitzki
    5. Karl Malone
    6. Kevin McHale
    7. Bob Pettit
    8. Elvin Hayes
    9. Pau Gasol
    10. Chris Webber

------------------------

11. Dolph Schayes
    12. Bobby Jones
    13. Dennis Rodman
    14. Dave Debusschere
    15. Chris Bosh
    KG was easily contained offensively. Rarely demonstrative. Lots of greats had it hard but went ham despite their cast and defensive attention. KG shriveled every step of the way, even his champ season is tainted by so many losses. KG is a great glue guy, chuck drilled you regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Power forward is one of the hardest positions to judge because so many of the all-time greats at the position played before our time and it's really tough to measure the offense-first guys against the defense-first guys. It's top heavy, so pretty much everyone will have the same top five guys in some order. But after that, the lists are going to vary drastically from 6-10 depending on how you judge newer guys versus older guys and offense versus defense.

Some people will have guys like Brand, Stoudemire and Bosh in their top 10. Others will have guys like Rodman, Debuscherre and Jones. Some will give more credit to a guy like Gasol over a guy like Pettit, whose numbers are superior but who played so long ago that it's hard to judge. But I'm willing to bet this position will be the one where we see the greatest variation in those 6-10 spots.
    The game has changed more in the years you've been watching than it did than any other era. It's not hard to compare because of age, but because of recent innovation

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    KG was easily contained offensively. Rarely demonstrative. Lots of greats had it hard but went ham despite their cast and defensive attention. KG shriveled every step of the way, even his champ season is tainted by so many losses. KG is a great glue guy, chuck drilled you regardless.
    Measuring KG, Barkley, Dirk and Malone next to each other is really hard. I gave KG the slightest of edges over Barkley because of his defensive impact, but I gave Barkley the edge over Dirk and Malone because of he was probably the most dominant offensive player of the four. And Dirk got the edge over Malone because of the superior postseason resume.

But you could use any number of barometers to judge those four guys, and it's impossible to have a right or wrong answer.

how does Brand make anybodys list? he was off the NBA radar by his 28th birthday....
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    how does Brand make anybodys list? he was off the NBA radar by his 28th birthday....
    Twas surprised to see him, he did have that one year. He was like three Shawn Marion of tweener bigs. Not too far off from cwebb imo

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast