Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    No, that's not "all" you did.

You called all protesting players "idiots".
    actually, he didn't....the topic was people committing domestic violence and the extension of his comment said 'half these idiots...' You yourself had used the word idiot to refer to Foster earlier. So the inference may be that he was referring to all protesters, but not the actual comments.

Besides, using a derogatory name in these instances generally doesn't mean someone thinks the people themselves fit the name, it means the person saying it thinks what they're doing fits the name- in other words, calling a group idiots really means his opinion is that what they did was idiotic, not that he believes they all lack intelligence overall.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    actually, he didn't....the topic was people committing domestic violence and the extension of his comment said 'half these idiots...' You yourself had used the word idiot to refer to Foster earlier. So the inference may be that he was referring to all protesters, but not the actual comments.

Besides, using a derogatory name in these instances generally doesn't mean someone thinks the people themselves fit the name, it means the person saying it thinks what they're doing fits the name- in other words, calling a group idiots really means his opinion is that what they did was idiotic, not that he believes they all lack intelligence overall.
    I mean, here's the comment:

He took a knee to protest injustice/abuse, then goes and gets arrested for DV. Half these idiots have no idea why they're kneeling, they just do it bc it's the "cool" thing to do.
    That's referring to all those "kneeling" as idiots.

If it meant what you said, the sentence would have to be something like: Half of those kneeling are idiots, who only do bc it's the "cool" thing to do.

But I don't really see the need to argue with you over the meaning of someone else's words. His follow-up comments make it pretty clear what was originally meant, i.e. an overall disapproving stance on the players' protests.

When I referred to Foster as an idiot, I did so in a very specific context and also added qualifiers as to what could explain such behavior.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 02-18-2018 at 09:17 AM.

Only warning guys:

Keep this on the topic of Reuben Foster and his arrest.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Only warning guys:

Keep this on the topic of Reuben Foster and his arrest.
    sorry dad

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567