Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Reuben Foster arrested for second time this off-season

He had a history coming into the NFL with off-field issues, and then got a diluted drug sample which they view as a positive test. Earlier this off-season, Foster was arrested for marijuana charges, and now was arrested for domestic violence. I wonder what Goodell has in store for Foster.

San Francisco 49ers linebacker Reuben Foster has reportedly been arrested in a domestic violence case.

Foster was booked at the Santa Clara County Jail and is currently being held without bail, the San Francisco Chronicle reports.

The 23-year-old Foster is coming off a good rookie season and was expected to be one of the 49ersí defensive building blocks. But he has a history of off-field issues, and this is the second time this offseason that heís been arrested. He was previously arrested in Alabama for marijuana possession.

Last year Foster submitted a diluted urine sample at the Scouting Combine, which the NFL considers the same as a positive drug test, and he was sent home from the Combine because he had a run-in with a worker at an Indianapolis hospital while he was getting a medical evaluation.

The NFL will conduct its own investigation any time a player is accused of domestic violence. If Foster is found to have committed domestic violence, the typical punishment for a first offense is a six-game suspension.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...violence-case/

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    He had a history coming into the NFL with off-field issues, and then got a diluted drug sample which they view as a positive test. Earlier this off-season, Foster was arrested for marijuana charges, and now was arrested for domestic violence. I wonder what Goodell has in store for Foster.
    Yeah this is disappoint

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    Aldon 2.0. Super disappointing.

49ers need to cut him at this point

So much for the steal of the draft

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSwaGG View Post
    49ers need to cut him at this point
    Pretty sure they have a no tolerance for DV policy in the FO, we'll see in the coming days.

Sounds like a great guy
    Seattle Seahawks- New Orleans Pelicans- Atlanta Braves- Anaheim Ducks

they released Brock even tho his case was later dismissed, so I'm not sure how they do anything different now
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Dumb AF

Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    they released Brock even tho his case was later dismissed, so I'm not sure how they do anything different now
    Brock was a past regime guy, Foster was a current regime trade up 1st rounder. It may be a wait and see situation.

At least your first pick didnt get into an ATV accident and may never play in the NFL...
    Seattle Seahawks- New Orleans Pelicans- Atlanta Braves- Anaheim Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Brock was a past regime guy, Foster was a current regime trade up 1st rounder. It may be a wait and see situation.
    No matter the spot, I wouldn't have a problem putting someone on the restricted list until it played out in court and when the NFL/Goodell finish their investigation.

No matter the spot, I wouldn't have a problem putting someone on the restricted list until it played out in court and when the NFL/Goodell finish their investigation.
    That's different than cutting them tho.

Lots of people in Broncos country were mad when we drafted Bolles instead of Foster... Myself included. We knew about the off field concerns, but it worked out with other first round picks who had a character flag (Shane Ray and Bradley Roby)... Apparently someone in Denver knows how to judge a player's character because it seems we dodged a big bullet with this guy. A radio host was still recently saying we should have drafted Foster instead, and I can't wait until the show tomorrow to hear him eat crow.

Feel bad for the 49ers though. The guy had a bright future on the field.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast