Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 235
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO
    Posts
    2,133

    Evilution Thread!!!

    Forgive me!

    Interesting. So if I studied Christianity more I might believe there was once a talking snake who encouraged the first two people to eat a sinful piece of fruit, the same two who began the entire procreation of people on the planet despite only giving birth to sons?
    Coming from rocks is easier to believe? A single called organism magically coming to life? That cell somehow deciding it wanted to be two cells? Itís dna? Then from that singled celled organism... all animal, plant and bacterial life rose!!!!

    Yeah... the ďall of humanity rose from 2 people 6000 years agoĒ looks crazy!

    "Wait till Next Year"
    Just Took on a Whole New Meaning!!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    38,891
    Very crazy, especially since we know the first humans existed 250,000 years ago.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO
    Posts
    2,133
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Very crazy, especially since we know the first humans existed 250,000 years ago.
    So you were there? Or youíre using carbon dating? Or the geologic column? What tells us that they were 250,000 years old? The layers theyíre in? Or do the fossils tells us how old the layers are?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    11,675
    I love it. I have to say I think it's stupid when science folks try to argue away god with science... only thing better is when the religious try to ague away science...

    Again. Religion holds a belief, and any observations counter to that belief must be wrong. this way of thinking is the antithesis of science. So yeah 20th... argue away in your troll thread. but what it comes down to is you will accept no observation that counters your beliefs. So why should anyone care.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    38,891
    Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    So you were there? Or youíre using carbon dating? Or the geologic column? What tells us that they were 250,000 years old? The layers theyíre in? Or do the fossils tells us how old the layers are?
    All great questions. And if you had any curiosity you would understand why science shows people have been here 250 K years; Planet Earth 4.5 billion years; and the universe about 14 billion.

    Science uses several sources to arrive at these ages which are subject to change as more info becomes avail.

    The Bible, Iím sorry to say, is not one such source.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO
    Posts
    2,133
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    I love it. I have to say I think it's stupid when science folks try to argue away god with science... only thing better is when the religious try to ague away science...

    Again. Religion holds a belief, and any observations counter to that belief must be wrong. this way of thinking is the antithesis of science. So yeah 20th... argue away in your troll thread. but what it comes down to is you will accept no observation that counters your beliefs. So why should anyone care.
    Thatís certainly one way to look at it...

    I genereally see people doing anything and everything to argue away the existence of a deity who will golden them accountable for their actions.

    You can call it science all you want but thatís doesnt make it so. You can reproduce it and you canít observe it.... itís not science.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO
    Posts
    2,133
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    All great questions. And if you had any curiosity you would understand why science shows people have been here 250 K years; Planet Earth 4.5 billion years; and the universe about 14 billion.

    Science uses several sources to arrive at these ages which are subject to change as more info becomes avail.

    The Bible, Iím sorry to say, is not one such source.
    It uses several sources which are all predicated on believing that the world is substantially older than it actually is. Each one verifying each other because the source they used are each other.

    It honestly amazes that people who are otherwise extremely intelligent will go to these lengths to deny Gods existence.

    Question: Do we date fossils by the rock layers we find them in or do we date the layers by the fossils we find in them?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    38,891
    Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    It uses several sources which are all predicated on believing that the world is substantially older than it actually is. Each one verifying each other because the source they used are each other.

    It honestly amazes that people who are otherwise extremely intelligent will go to these lengths to deny Gods existence.

    Question: Do we date fossils by the rock layers we find them in or do we date the layers by the fossils we find in them?
    How does any of this deny Godís existence? Makes no comment about that whatsoever. It just uses available info and sources to estimate an age. For argument Ďs sake, whoís to say this isnít when God created these things? Not that science is saying that either but thatís beside the point.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO
    Posts
    2,133
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    How does any of this deny Godís existence? Makes no comment about that whatsoever. It just uses available info and sources to estimate an age. For argument Ďs sake, whoís to say this isnít when God created these things? Not that science is saying that either but thatís beside the point.

    And thatís the beauty of it right? It doesnít deny a ďgodĒ... just the real one... the God of the Bible.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    26,594
    God could have used evolution as a process to create man.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    11,675
    Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    Thatís certainly one way to look at it...

    I genereally see people doing anything and everything to argue away the existence of a deity who will golden them accountable for their actions.

    You can call it science all you want but thatís doesnt make it so. You can reproduce it and you canít observe it.... itís not science.
    I say the same thing about scientists trying to argue about the existence if a deity. It's by definition not science. Evolution however is observable. The face that you ignore that is a product of religious thinking. Google silver Fox evolution and you will see something akin to the evolution of a dog occur in short time frame.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    11,675
    If you are religious you don't have to believe in evolution. As a scientist one could not refute the idea that the world was created the moment you read this. All the fossils in the ground were just put there You were created just before reading this with all the thoughts in your head. That thinking can't be refuted with science because it's a theory that isn't falsifiable.

    Therefore arguing science with someone from a religious perspective is pointless. Once you accept the supernatural then anything is possible. A theory that isn't able to be refuted with evidence.isnt a scientific theory.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    38,891
    Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    And thatís the beauty of it right? It doesnít deny a ďgodĒ... just the real one... the God of the Bible.
    If you say so.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,678
    Deny accepted science up one side of the wall and down the other, but be right in the front of the line at the hospital when you are having a heart attack (and too bad, too).
    Last edited by Crovash; 02-12-2018 at 10:22 AM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    38,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Deny accepted science up one side of the wall and down the other, but be right in the front of the line at the hospital when you are having a heart attack (and too bad, too).
    This.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears Ė but they seem kinda sensible...."

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •