BDawk is in charge of that thread.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Timmmahhh View Post
    BDawk is in charge of that thread.
    Oh no.

#FlyTheW
    2016 World Series Champions!!!

What is Jake's signature game?

For me it's always going to be the wild card in Pittsburgh, as I'll forever perceive that as the night we arrived as the current iteration of what this organization has become. But there's no shortage of options. You've got that one, along with:

The Dodger no hitter
    The Red no hitter
    World Series Game 2
    World Series Game 6

There was also an absolutely dominant complete game shutout crosstown game against the Sox in '15 where they wore throwbacks on a Sunday that I'll never, ever forget - even just watching it on TV.

What an incredible three and a half years.

Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post

For me it's always going to be the wild card in Pittsburgh, as I'll forever perceive that as the night we arrived as the current iteration of what this organization has become. But there's no shortage of options. You've got that one, along with:

The Dodger no hitter
    The Red no hitter
    World Series Game 2
    World Series Game 6

There was also an absolutely dominant complete game shutout crosstown game against the Sox in '15 where they wore throwbacks on a Sunday that I'll never, ever forget - even just watching it on TV.

Easily it has to be the Pirates WC Game. He was so ****ing cocky going into it with the talking back and forth with the Pirates fans and he shut them the **** down.

#FlyTheW
    2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post

The Dodger no hitter
    The Red no hitter
    World Series Game 2
    World Series Game 6

Agree it's ultimately the Pirates WC game. Or at least I think that was the climax of his rise. Honestly, a lot of the 2014 games will always stick in my head too. That game in Boston where he took a no hitter into the 8th in particular. JD's call as he exited calling him "must see TV" will always stick with me. Primarily since his resurgance as a whole really did escalate things. Sure the FO could've still signed Jon Lester and we probably still would've made the wild card in 2015, but it changed the entire landscape of things. We called up Javy, Hendricks, and Soler and got a look at the future and saw the team play .500 ball for the 2nd half and A LOT of that credit belongs to Jake. I think he totally set the tone going into 2015. It's too bad he couldn't have put things together earlier in his career, but man what a ride it was.

In hindsight, those two world series wins are a pretty big deal. Sure, it wasn't peak Arrieta, far from it, but it was a nice bookend on his legacy (especially in Cubs lore), and nobody can ever take it away from him. There will never be a time when I think of Arrieta where I get that sour taste in my mouth.

2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Agree it's ultimately the Pirates WC game. Or at least I think that was the climax of his rise. Honestly, a lot of the 2014 games will always stick in my head too. That game in Boston where he took a no hitter into the 8th in particular. JD's call as he exited calling him "must see TV" will always stick with me. Primarily since his resurgance as a whole really did escalate things. Sure the FO could've still signed Jon Lester and we probably still would've made the wild card in 2015, but it changed the entire landscape of things. We called up Javy, Hendricks, and Soler and got a look at the future and saw the team play .500 ball for the 2nd half and A LOT of that credit belongs to Jake. I think he totally set the tone going into 2015. It's too bad he couldn't have put things together earlier in his career, but man what a ride it was.

In hindsight, those two world series wins are a pretty big deal. Sure, it wasn't peak Arrieta, far from it, but it was a nice bookend on his legacy (especially in Cubs lore), and nobody can ever take it away from him. There will never be a time when I think of Arrieta where I get that sour taste in my mouth.
    I agree. He should always be appreciated. He was a great pitcher for the Cubs. I agree with their decision to go with Yu instead of him. But that does not take away his accomplishments.

To me the Pirates game in 15 to get the Cubs into the next series was his shining moment. But it is hard to argue the 2 WS wins, even if they were not vintage Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    He was very solid in 2016 and was part of the team that won the WS, so I appreciate him. He was awful last year and is clearly done, but I'm glad he was here.
    Didnt Lackey have a decent 2nd half last year? Or am I making stuff up?

Quote Originally Posted by Cubs420 View Post
    ERA was 3.75 and he dropped the wOBA against to 300 when it was 350 in the first half.

But he still had an ugly FIP just below 5. Basically what he did was kept almost the exact same KBB but he allowed drastically less gopher balls.

I really feel like he was one of the bigger victims of the "juiced ball" or whatever you want to blame last year's explosion on.
    Last edited by WOwolfOL; 02-15-2018 at 07:29 PM.

It sucks to lose him. But we aren't losing 2015 Jake at least. Always a cub in my eye. Big part of us winning the series. Thanks for the memories Jake! Hope you age well and find a team and fan base that loves you as much as we did/do!

100% agreed please dont go to cards or brewers lol. Hes not a dude I wanna be facing that much the next couple years or so haha

Quote Originally Posted by Cubs420 View Post
    Lmao. Ahaha. Yeaaah. He struggled last year. Age really caught up w him. He helped us win a chip though, And I'll be greatful for that. But I'm not sad he's not returning lol.

Ps did He retire? Or is he still out there somewhere?

They gave Jake a chance to stay at home (where he was trained to be a better Pitcher) and he still wanted to leave. Good Riddance...hope he ends up in Philly........

and as far as Lackey he gave up more HR's than anyone in baseball... Chatwood is a huge improvement at a cheaper cost......

Quote Originally Posted by Cubsin18 View Post
    They gave Jake a chance to stay at home (where he was trained to be a better Pitcher) and he still wanted to leave. Good Riddance...hope he ends up in Philly........
    This is not true.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    This is not true.
    Well everything cubsin18 says is gobbledygook

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Well everything cubsin18 says is gobbledygook
    This is true.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast