Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Jake Arrieta Appreciation Thread

Signing Yu likely puts a zero percent chance of Jake returning officially.

Will never forget his 2015 season, probably the most dominant pitcher we saw in a Cubs uniform for awhile there. Will always be a personal favorite. Godspeed #49. Stay out of the Central please.

2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs

Good luck with the rest of your career, #49. Will never forget his 2015 and the great service he gave in the drought breaking title.

I'll be standing with the rest of Wrigley when Jake comes back, no matter what uniform he's wearing.

Good luck to him. He was awesome here. Glad we won't be the team paying him though... doesn't seem like he's going to age well.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Jake best of luck to you. That Feldman Trade was legendary. We got 4 great years from Jake and Strop. 2015 Jake was unreal, but he was very good all 4 years. He was a big reason a World Series was brought to the North side, Iíll always appreciate him.

It was a pleasure witnessing the historic run you displayed during that 2 year stretch, not to mention being a vital part in helping us end the "curse" and finally winning our long awaited World Series title.

Best of luck to wherever you end up (hopefully not in MIL or STL) and you will be forever loved in the city of Chicago. Thanks for everything, Jake.

#FlyTheW
    2016 World Series Champions!!!

It really will be weird watching an Arrietaless Cubs team. Weird and bittersweet and in a way an end of an era. We're not the rag tag team of up and comers that shocked everyone in 2015. Don't get me wrong I get it and I know we're gonna be better off with Yu and the team we have, but yeah, weird. One of my favorite players ever. didn't expect this to be as hard as it is.

2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs

An absolute Cub legend that I will never forget. Jake was the best Cubs starting pitcher I have ever personally seen. I will never forget his dominate run in 2015, we may never see another run like that again.

Thanks for everything Jake!

Quote Originally Posted by Cubs420 View Post
    An absolute Cub legend that I will never forget. Jake was the best Cubs starting pitcher I have ever personally seen. I will never forget his dominate run in 2015, we may never see another run like that again.

Thanks for everything Jake!

I love Jake but Maddux was best I've ever seen

Thank you Jake. Your Twitter game was A +++

-Home run off Bumgarner in the NLDS
    -2015 second half run
    -Wild card complete game shut out vs Pirates (this might be my favorite Jake moment)

Another one of the Curse Breakers leaving. Respect always.

Wish Jake the best but stay out of the NL Central.

The guy won two World Series games for the Cubs. I feel like I owe him something.

Quote Originally Posted by RizzOnMe View Post
    -Home run off Bumgarner in the NLDS
    -2015 second half run
    -Wild card complete game shut out vs Pirates (this might be my favorite Jake moment)

Another one of the Curse Breakers leaving. Respect always.
    Plus two no hitters and two world series wins. Without Jake, there is no World Series title.

2015 was one of my favorite seasons ever and it was fun watching Jake dominate. I went to Wrigley to watch almost all his starts in August and September that year. Some of the best times I've had at Wrigley.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast