Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I never realized 9 or 10pm was late. As someone who lives on the east coast, west coast games and 10pm starts have never bothered me one bit.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Iím on the east coast and I love the late games.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Yeah, I was gonna ask that guy if he was 75 years old and ate dinner at 4pm as well.
    Probably lives in Del Boca Vista.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    I love west coast games, because I usually get to bed around 1-2 AM any way.
    Same here.

My feeling on west coast games directly ties to the part of the season we're in. Between June-early August, I'm fine, because it's summer break. But those west coast starts in the playoffs kill me. The extra innings game against the SF Giants in 2016 was about murder. I stayed up until 2:30am or so watching the game, had to get up at 6:30am to go to work, and then hung out with 130 6th graders for 8 hours trying to teach them world geography.

Needless to say, it was a movie day in my classroom.
    We're From Philadelphia

We. Fight.

Geez, I am in bed sleeping at 9AM and waking up at 4:15AM. I canít imagine getting to bed at 2AM and speaking about it like itís a point of pride as if you open your beer can with your teeth and brush your teeth with vodka.

But I am from Australia so watching all 162 games at 4:20AM, 9AM or 12PM (West Coast) isnít an issue.

Over 19 hours of sleep per day? I'm impressed.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    Geez, I am in bed sleeping at 9AM and waking up at 4:15AM. I canít imagine getting to bed at 2AM and speaking about it like itís a point of pride as if you open your beer can with your teeth and brush your teeth with vodka.

But I am from Australia so watching all 162 games at 4:20AM, 9AM or 12PM (West Coast) isnít an issue.
    It's not a point of pride. I get to bed usually between 1 and 2, and I sleep usually 4-7 hours per night (if it's 4, then it's 6-7 the next night) and I'm usually up around 7-8ish.

I've always been a night owl. This is actually an improvement. I did overnights for a very long time, kind of used to it.

Sleeping habits are just that, habits.
    Last edited by Jeffy25; 02-14-2018 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Over 19 hours of sleep per day? I'm impressed.
    Oh, you! I meant 9PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    It's not a point of pride. I get to bed usually between 1 and 2, and I sleep usually 4-7 hours per night (if it's 4, then it's 6-7 the next night) and I'm usually up around 7-8ish.

I've always been a night owl. This is actually an improvement. I did overnights for a very long time, kind of used to it.

Sleeping habits are just that, habits.
    I was like that too at one time, so I really shouldnít talk anyway. Iíd be in bed at 10PM, looking stuff up on the Internet and before I knew it it was 2AM but that was at a time when I would wake up at any time. Now I have a set time that I wake up and no **** Iíve found myself tired at night where I would get into bed before itís even dark outside.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    I don't like waiting that long for the games to start. It's really annoying. I prefer when the Cubs play day games and I can practically roll out of bed and watch a game.
    Same here.

Love baseball but I don't want to wait till 10 or so to watch a game, unless said game is on the weekend or in the playoffs. A mid-week 10pm start time, blows.
    Screw sabermetics.

I thought this was about Darvish and the Cubs???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post

I think when you started talking about the Brewers people got bored and wanted to go to sleep. No wonder why it takes the Cubs coming to town to fill Miller Park!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You're not gonna find too many threads around here that don't stray off the topic at some point

how much more can one talk about Darvish going to the Cubs? most knew it was bound it happen at some point this offseason.

i need to figure out how to get giants games on the east coast this year. but i can see myself enjoying watching the west coast games on east coast time, when the day is winding down and in bed ready to go to bed. pretty easy to fall asleep watching the giants. hopefully this year is a wee bit different.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    My feeling on west coast games directly ties to the part of the season we're in. Between June-early August, I'm fine, because it's summer break. But those west coast starts in the playoffs kill me. The extra innings game against the SF Giants in 2016 was about murder. I stayed up until 2:30am or so watching the game, had to get up at 6:30am to go to work, and then hung out with 130 6th graders for 8 hours trying to teach them world geography.

Needless to say, it was a movie day in my classroom.
    At least movie day is an option for you. I get to spend those early mornings arguing with patients that, "No, you did not have a two minute MRI. What you had was a CT."

I kind of think the Cubs are going to be really formidable in 2018. They were the best team in baseball in 2016 and while they were a World Series contender in 2017, they took a noticeable step backwards mostly due to the deteriorated performance of the starting rotation. I think the Chatwood contract was huge and he will be a solid #5 starter. Quintana posted the highest ERA of his career last year, 4.15, and I suspect he'll improve in his first full year with the Cubs. Even though he's aging, Lester should be considered a quality 3-4 starter. Hendricks was solid again last year after coming off the Disabled List, and Darvish gives them the other top of the rotation pitcher they needed. I think it's accurate that he was tipping his pitches considering the Astros hit him so hard in the World Series. I imagine the Cubs wouldn't have signed him if they thought it was an issue.

It was the right move for the Cubs to stick with their position players and not trade them away. Bryant/Rizzo are the best corner infield combo in baseball, Baez is one of the ten best middle-infielders in the game, Contreras is a top-5 catcher, Schwarber still has 50-home run potential, and Hayward is still a good overall player even though he doesn't hit as well as he should. On top of that they also have Russell, Almora, and Happ who are all strong everyday players. The Cubs don't need much help as far as position players go, except to get a few bench players.

The bull pen may still need work. While they have new additions, the loss of Davis hurts. He was the only guy Madden had any faith in during the playoffs and many players he didn't have faith in will be back. Bull pen performance changes drastically year to year so it's really hard to say how they will perform. If they collectively struggle out of the gate the team may need to make some changes still.

All in all I believe the 2018 Cubs will be much closer to the 2016 Cubs than the 2017 iteration. It's hard to say if they will even get to the World Series, let alone win it, considering the Dodgers and Nationals are not going away. I do believe the Astros will have a step-back year, as the Cubs did in 2017, but the Indians and Yankees are going to be contending in the AL too. I think the Darvish signing will be really beneficial for the team the first 3-4 years of the deal, and the Cubs are walking into 2018 with as much of a chance as anybody else. That, and the dollar amount, make this signing a good one.
    Last edited by TylerSL; 02-14-2018 at 05:43 PM.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast