Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

How much does IT get in FA?

So if you woulda asked anyone last year how IT would do in FA, I'd be willing to be that many would have said easily over 100 mill but probably not that 175 (or whatever the max that he's looking for is).

So given that's all that's happened since, I am asking you guys what or where (speculate all you want) his next contract will be, and just how much he has fallen?

I also think that PG being the deepest postion in the NBA, and the amount of teams looking to be "bottom feeders" hurts him a significant amount

Merge this to whatever thread you want if you need too. But I think it's a valid talking point?

http://www.nbcsports.com/boston/vide...-i-deserve-max

Just trying to make PSD Great Again one post at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Our expectations were top 8 with jaykisd

If you finish top 4 in the east I will become a 76er fan and homer spamming the **** outta them. If they don't, you become a Giannis homer. Essentially a dog bet.

Deal or no deal

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    deal.

I feel that he might be stuck on taking a 1 year + player option deal at around 17-20 mil. A bit Similar to what the Lakers did with Caldwell-Pope(I think it was him), but . Unfortunately, he hasn't been able to get back to how he used to be. Whether that might have to do with Cleveland's current play style or not, he's still shooting the ball pretty badly. I feel that a team would give him a shot after he has a full off-season to recuperate (maybe he rushed back too fast?).

Though if Lebron decides to leave, I can see Gilbert impulse signing Thomas to a larger deal (like Lowry's) in order to keep someone that he could try to sell to the fans on. I don't see anyone giving him the max. Man how things change huh, I still remember wondering what exactly Boston was doing

All in all, I don't really see him leaving Cleveland because, as you said, most of the teams near the top have their point guard; and many of the lower teams are either (a) trying to develop their own point guard, or (b) don't want a guy who they feel might cost them balls in the lottery.

Though, the idea of a fully healthy Thomas in NO is interesting
    Last edited by Cal827; 02-04-2018 at 12:55 PM.

On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    So if you woulda asked anyone last year how IT would do in FA, I'd be willing to be that many would have said easily over 100 mill but probably not that 175 (or whatever the max that he's looking for is).

So given that's all that's happened since, I am asking you guys what or where (speculate all you want) his next contract will be, and just how much he has fallen?

I also think that PG being the deepest postion in the NBA, and the amount of teams looking to be "bottom feeders" hurts him a significant amount

Merge this to whatever thread you want if you need too. But I think it's a valid talking point?

http://www.nbcsports.com/boston/vide...-i-deserve-max
    If you look back you will see a lot of people talking about how the Celtics had to move him because they were never going to pay him what he wanted. I think most NBA nuts like we are realized his value in reality was nowhere near the money he was going to "demand".
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

The Knicks will pay him. It makes absolutely no sense which is why it'll happen

unless he starts play significantly better I think there are a ton of teams that wouldn't pay him the minimum. he might have to settle for a mle offer from someone if he can even get that.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    The Knicks will pay him. It makes absolutely no sense which is why it'll happen
    Knicks didn't try to trade 6 first round picks for Blake so I'd like to believe they've gotten a bit smarter than that.

The Truth Hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by LOb0 View Post
    Knicks didn't try to trade 6 first round picks for Blake so I'd like to believe they've gotten a bit smarter than that.
    But they gave Noah 70 some mill and recently massively overpaid on thj. I guess the thj contract isn't terrible. But because it keeps them in the friend zone and unable to get a high lottery pick it makes it worse.

I think teams are going to offer him a good amount....but to be the 6th man. Not a starter.

PROCESSING

It depends on how he finishes the year. Right now he canít even hit a jump shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Depends. He's just about 29 and without his full athleticism he'll get crushed in this league. Unless he improves drastically (I do think he improves a decent bit, but not drastically) 2 years 18 million is probably the range he's looking at.

What about SA? Defensively, theyíre schemes can cover his defense, or lack there of, and is Stevens system was what made IT successful, POP is one of the only coaches that will be able to replicate that.

Free agents arenít flocking to SA, offer him a 2 year deal, see what he can do?

MLE

p

2 years 20 mil

I wouldn't want him on my team... he's way too much of a liability defensively.

He'll get an MLE 1+1 offer from someone. I assume he'll be looking to go to a team that desperately needs shot-creation so he can boost his stats and get a long term deal. Orlando makes sense. Phoenix might take another look since their point guard situation is so ******. The Nets make sense as a "build up his value and then flip him" sort of team. There will be suitors.
    POOP

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast