Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    and the East is a deeper, more talented conference this year.
    I agree, but IF the Cavs roll through the East this year, I really, really hope you still feel the same.

Because the narrative for the past 3 seasons have been:

"Cavs aren't gelling, Cavs defense is horrible. Atlanta is Spurs-East, way too good. Toronto is gonna knock them out - Lowry is better than Irving. Boston will be too good - Stevens is too brilliant of a coach."

Then after the playoffs:

"East is super weak - cakewalk for LeBron."

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post

That's the way it is for me until further notice. Same **** different year since LeBron went back to Cleveland.

This year though, with all the changes, I am going on a wait and see approach. Based on talent alone and having Bron I still expect them to come out of the east. How easy, is a different case though.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    The Cavs will be more competitive this year in the finals...and they still have the pick...so they easily won.
    No, they didn't. That's completely insane.

If Team A wins a trade over Team B, but Team A loses to Team B in the playoffs, does that completely negate the fact that Team A won the trade? Hell no. Trade value and team success are two COMPLETELY different things that have little to no direct relationship with one another.

Consider that Kyrie netted the Cavs the Brooklyn pick, Zizic, Thomas and Crowder, the latter two of which were dealt months later for young pieces that are essentially just rotational guys. Unless that Brooklyn pick becomes a superstar of similar value to Kyrie, there's literally no argument to be made for the Cavs winning that trade. They dealt a top 10 caliber player early in his prime for what essentially amounted to role players and one lottery pick. That's a TON of pressure to put on that draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Bucks vs raptors in the ECF. Mark my words.

I agree, but IF the Cavs roll through the East this year, I really, really hope you still feel the same.

"Cavs aren't gelling, Cavs defense is horrible. Atlanta is Spurs-East, way too good. Toronto is gonna knock them out - Lowry is better than Irving. Boston will be too good - Stevens is too brilliant of a coach."

Then after the playoffs:

I feel like you're clinging to what a very small minority of people say, half of them probably not even believing it but just trying to fake interest in the matchups.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Then after the playoffs:

To be fair, I did think the East kinda sucked the last few years. Frankly, the East has sucked for the better part of a decade. Last year was a slight step in the right direction, but this is the first year in a long time where I felt like the East was really building on its pool of talent, especially young talent. Kyrie has his own team now, the Raptors are stronger and deeper, Giannis is coming into his own, the Sixers have some remarkable talent and the Pistons suddenly have the best frontcourt in basketball (mostly due to the Cousins injury).

There's just so many guys in the conference who are starting to reach their potential this season: Kyrie, Giannis, Embiid, Oladipo, Drummond, Porzingis (earlier in the season), etc. And then there's guys like Beal and DeRozan who are proving they still belong among the best players in the league.

The conference isn't nearly as top heavy as the West, but there are as many quality teams in the East this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Bucks vs raptors in the ECF. Mark my words.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I feel like you're clinging to what a very small minority of people say, half of them probably not even believing it but just trying to fake interest in the matchups.
    Perhaps so,

but if you check the atmosphere around late March of last year (when the Cavs defense was crap and they were like .500 post all-star break), and check it around January of 2016 (dysfunction + Blatt firing), you see how much differently people behave.

I could be wrong, but I think it's more than just a minority. It feels like more than that. The combination of multiple threads (and the media feasting on everything) on multiple websites tell me that it's not just a minority.

Instead, I think people just overreact and love drama, especially if it involves LeBron.

Edit: Instead of saying, "Wow, the Cavs could be vulnerable." they elect to say, "Cavs are finished/done. Won't beat team X or Y."
    Last edited by Vee-Rex; 02-11-2018 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    To be fair, I did think the East kinda sucked the last few years. Frankly, the East has sucked for the better part of a decade. Last year was a slight step in the right direction, but this is the first year in a long time where I felt like the East was really building on its pool of talent, especially young talent.
    I hear you, and you're probably right.

It just gets a chuckle from me because it feels like deja vu. I've literally saw and heard that the past 2 years at least.

I will admit that I'm worried about the Cavs chances, but mostly because of the Cavs themselves and not what other teams are doing. Despite being a deeper team this year, ultimately, we're without Kyrie. That's pretty huge.

Toronto does seem to have put it together though. Much respect to Boston fans, but I'm not worried about them at all and don't think they'll reach the conference finals. With a fully healthy and integrated Hayward they would TERRIFY me, though.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Miami will be a luxury tax team as currently constructed.

Maybe they find a way to clear some of the dead weight (Johnsons: Tyler or James), but at best case scenario it might result in non-tax payer MLE for Wade which is only $8.5M.
    I really want to see Wade sent off right, give him a farewell tour! I hope you guys find a way to get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by europagnpilgrim View Post
    The Cavs better hope that BKN pick is top 3 and based on the recent past history of them having lottery picks it works out very well In their favor and if they get a young stud that will ease the sting of letting a lethal scorer/performer like Irving who was young get away for what they got in return initially which was awful by the standard of play on the court by IT/Crowder, this will be a complete heist by Ainge if that BK pick actually does turn out to go 7th overall, Irving went 1st overall and is proven legit
    Top 3 would be great but we've seen great players not get drafted top 5. You should say "they better hope they draft a player who pans out".
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    I really want to see Wade sent off right, give him a farewell tour! I hope you guys find a way to get it done.
    For this reason I hope he does sign for at least one more year for the tour.

Its not a done deal that the cavs will make it back to the finals. I expect a little growing pains for another 2 weeks or so because they have 4 new guys. They will turn it up though and finish strong.

I'd be surprised if cavs did not return to NBA finals. Boston has returned to earth the last few weeks.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

The Cavs will be more competitive this year in the finals...and they still have the pick...so they easily won.
    lol

Reasons why I believe bias blinds a lot of your posts. Or your just trolling. (Im referring to winning the trade with Boston). Worst case Boston did not lose at all.

@ Hawkeye...Flexibility, Well we will try and add at least one max player this year, and take a one year bad contract for someone for another first, and add another max guy in 2019, or we could take mutiple guys for a couple first, trade Thomas to someone with no cap space for a pic, and then just sign to max guys in 2019, or we could just sign two max guys this summer, point is we have tremendous flexibility to make the best moves for the team moving forward now...I love the move!

Then after the playoffs:

I remember every single one of those claims... donít forget the one where the Cavs dodged the Wizards... every year is the same b.s. once LeBron and Cavs beat them, ďEast is weak.. should eliminate conferences.Ē But when the season starts, they will bring up more excuses. As for the Kyrie trade.. idk yet. Cavs just got new pieces. Even though Cavs looked bad before, they were still third seed with a LeBron who was clearly disinterested and unmotivated. It may very well be the case that Cavs won the trade even if they didnít win the Finals. I know Frye and Shump werenít part of that Kyrie trade but their placements on the new team are a result of that Kyrie trade and we all know those two werenít worth their contract. Frye to a lesser extent but watching Cavs continuously try to put hope into Shump being a legit shooter was depressing.

Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast