Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by jason17 View Post
    Dude wtf is this
    Can you guys take this else where .
    I asked about the test not no ****ing Chicago ******** . Please respect , I'm trying to pass so I won't have to wait forever to retry this crap.
    Thanks.
    Lmao wtf did you expect?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Dude....if your best shot at passing this test is by getting tips from strangers on a sports forum, you may as well give up.
    This.

Things that make you go hmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    Oh one more thing -

Nobody wants the job either. The CPD test used to be every 5 to 10 years because that's how long it took them to get through a hiring list of applicants that took the test. For reference, there's been exactly one Chicago Fire Department test in the last 20 years. And there probably won't be another one for another 20+.

CPD has been giving the test every year now since 2013. Their ads recruiting are plastered all over the city. They're offering a 75k salary in your third year on the job now, and they still can't get anybody in the door. That's what it's come to.
    That's a bit surprising. Figured there'd always be plenty of people who love the power, authority and freedom being a cop provides. Or at least (certainly fewer) that truly care about serving their communities.

But despite what those who seek to further militarize our police, there's rarely been a safer time to be a cop. I'm not mad they're scaring people away, though.
    this my sig

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    there's rarely been a safer time to be a cop.
    Heh, no.

You've made a point of establishing your not so subtle vendetta with law enforcement. I won't speculate as to where that stems from - I'm sure there's a tremendously sound reason that falls nowhere in the misinformed to flatly ignorant spectrum - and I won't spin my wheels trying to convince you of anything, but certainly understand that your blanket assertion is measurably, categorically, false.

That's a bit surprising. Figured there'd always be plenty of people who love the power, authority and freedom being a cop provides. Or at least (certainly fewer) that truly care about serving their communities.

But despite what those who seek to further militarize our police, there's rarely been a safer time to be a cop. I'm not mad they're scaring people away, though.
    do you really think most go into being a cop because they have a complex of power, versus those who want to help their community?

Yeah, I mean if the putoff is death while on duty, being a cop really isn't that dangerous. The appeal is dwindling for a lot of other reasons.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Heh, no.

You've made a point of establishing your not so subtle vendetta with law enforcement. I won't speculate as to where that stems from - I'm sure there's a tremendously sound reason that falls nowhere in the misinformed to flatly ignorant spectrum - and I won't spin my wheels trying to convince you of anything, but certainly understand that your blanket assertion is measurably, categorically, false.
    anti-cop people are generally far leftists that only read the news, and don't have any actual knowledge of what it's like to be a cop. The fact is, cops have abused their power for years. So have politicians, but they don't see to care about that as long as they are on the blue team. But being a cop, is a TOUGH job, that is completely underappreciated, and one of the bigger reasons there aren't more deaths in the line of duty, is because it's not all that smart, or easy, to engage a trained cop who is armed.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Literally in the time since I wrote that previous post, CPD just had a cop (a commander, no less) murdered in the loop after assisting in a pursuit... while off duty... of a guy who robbed a Starbucks in the middle of the Loop. Which is not by any measure a high crime area. This is business people in suits going about their day. That just now happened.

Thirty plus years on the job. Voluntarily trying to help apprehend, while not even on duty, some ****ing idiot robbing a Starbucks. Now he's dead.

Never a safer time tho!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    do you really think most go into being a cop because they have a complex of power, versus those who want to help their community?
    Yes.
    this my sig

Heh, no.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...low/984477001/
    this my sig

It's a difference of 15 officers from the year prior. They lose 143 one year and that's a 5 year high. They lose 128 the next year and that's the lowest since '13. There is no discernible trend over the past decade whatsoever, despite the purported "advancements" in training and procedural safety measures (body cams, etc).

How many domestic US jobs do you think feature 100+ employees murdered on an annual basis?

Yes.
    that is unfortunate. Well, hopefully you never need their protection one day. It might open your eyes and your feelings might get hurt.

It's a difference of 15 officers from the year prior. They lose 143 one year and that's a 5 year high. They lose 128 the next year and that's the lowest since '13. There is no discernible trend over the past decade whatsoever, despite the purported "advancements" in training and procedural safety measures (body cams, etc).

How many domestic US jobs do you think feature 100+ employees murdered on an annual basis?
    ironically, cab drivers have it much worse. That is the only job you can have where the risk of death is higher.

BUT, it's an easy explanation. When you attack a cab driver, you won't be met with a person armed, and trained for altercations.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    that is unfortunate. Well, hopefully you never need their protection one day. It might open your eyes and your feelings might get hurt.
    I'm just a pessimist, I guess. It's no different than how I feel about politicians, and that's not a controversial stance at all. I think a much higher percentage of police officers are genuinely great people who want genuinely great things as compared to your average politician, but yeah...I think it largely attracts a type, and even if it doesn't, I think it's probably natural for people who have power to eventually abuse it and become corruptible. You know the saying about absolute power!

Plus, they got quotas to meet! They're rarely out there saving kids from being hit by trains and stopping bank robberies. The day-to-day minutia isn't so attractive nor is it super altruistic. I commend each and every cop that seeks to do true good, but I think it's really hard to do that when our criminal justice system as a whole is so ****ed up and I think it's hard in a lot of places to do true good without pushing back from within. Again, it's like politics. And if you're a politician who isn't pushing back from within you ain't ****.
    this my sig

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast