Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    So you think the Jags would've handled the Eagles when they dropped 38 on Minnesota and held their much better offense to 7? The Eagles were the best team in the NFL this season almost wire to wire, but they would've been handled by the Jags?
    Seven of those 38 points were a pick 6 is the ensuing PAT. Eagles fans should know that.

Also, everyone who has been paying attention knows Jacksonville has a top five defense is almost every category.
    Jaguars fan for life

Quote Originally Posted by Always NFL fan View Post
    Seven of those 38 points were a pick 6 is the ensuing PAT. Eagles fans should know that.

Also, everyone who has been paying attention knows Jacksonville has a top five defense is almost every category.
    Minnesota's defense was arguably better and the Eagles had no problem with them. The Vikings and Falcons offense's were infinitely better than the Jaguars and pretty much locked both down aside from one drive in both games. The Eagles would've been a terrible matchup for the Jaguars especially if the game is played in Philly.

Team X did great against team Y who is better than team Z so team X would easily beat team Z is a silly argument. Each game is it's own game. Heck, even if the same two teams played against each other in the same place the next week you'd likely have a drastically different game. JAX was a great team this year and should be expected to competitively play with anyone IMO.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Team X did great against team Y who is better than team Z so team X would easily beat team Z is a silly argument. Each game is it's own game. Heck, even if the same two teams played against each other in the same place the next week you'd likely have a drastically different game. JAX was a great team this year and should be expected to competitively play with anyone IMO.
    I agree to this but I feel confident in saying the Jags and Vikings were very very similar teams this year. Sample size is important, but in the same stage playing in Philly, I have no doubt the Jaguars would’ve lost to the Eagles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I agree to this but I feel confident in saying the Jags and Vikings were very very similar teams this year. Sample size is important, but in the same stage playing in Philly, I have no doubt the Jaguars would’ve lost to the Eagles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Philly and Jax were much closer than Minny and Jax IMO.

PROCESSING

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    No, they're a great team. But the mediocre AFC and their garbage division arguably translate to an easy 1st round bye every year. Put them in the NFC and I'd bet just about anything they don't have a 1st round bye 2 of the last 3 years (only questing mark being 2016).
    Exactly how I feel with the Pats. Lack of competition equals an easy road to championship game pretty much every year

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Minnesota's defense was arguably better and the Eagles had no problem with them. The Vikings and Falcons offense's were infinitely better than the Jaguars and pretty much locked both down aside from one drive in both games. The Eagles would've been a terrible matchup for the Jaguars especially if the game is played in Philly.
    No it wasn't. Jacksonville was #2 in four major categories and #1 in a couple others. The Vikings can't say that about their defense.
    Jaguars fan for life

Quote Originally Posted by Always NFL fan View Post
    No it wasn't. Jacksonville was #2 in four major categories and #1 in a couple others. The Vikings can't say that about their defense.
    Jacksonville also played their garbage division and the NFCW for 10 of their games. And CLE and CIN in two others. They had an awesome defense but they played a lot of **** offenses.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

Jacksonville also played their garbage division and the NFCW for 10 of their games. And CLE and CIN in two others. They had an awesome defense but they played a lot of **** offenses.
    Exactly. Same way everyone thought the Patriots defense magically got better. Nah they just played a lot of really bad offenses in succession.

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    To be fair, SF only made their stats look much worse.

People here need to keep a lot of things in mind:

1) A large part of the reason that the other 3 teams in the AFC East are bad is BECAUSE of the Pats. If I'm a FA, why do I want to sign with a team that is stuck in the same division with a reigning dynasty? I want to win. They also have to play the Pats 2 times a year, every year.

2) The Patriots went 3-1 against the toughest division in the NFC.

3) It's not exactly like the Eagles played in a tough division either. Let's say we switch the Patriots and Eagles - Is it really hard to believe that the Pats could go 5-1 or 6-0 against the Giants, Redskins and Cowboys?

I still think the Patriots would get a Bye regardless of what conference they are in. If you were to put the Pats in the NFC East and the Eagles in the AFC East, I think you still get the same SB match up.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123