Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How far would have the Pats gone if they were in the NFC?

Reason I ask is because I think that any of the 4 teams that played in the NFC wild card weekend could have beat the Pats., albeit in probably close games. Maybe not the Falcons but it would have been a close game.

Would the Pats escape Wild Card round? Divisonal round? Championship round?

Just trying to make PSD Great Again one post at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Our expectations were top 8 with jaykisd

If you finish top 4 in the east I will become a 76er fan and homer spamming the **** outta them. If they don't, you become a Giannis homer. Essentially a dog bet.

Deal or no deal

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    deal.

How far would have they got if they played in first go around of the xfl?

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

Remember the AFC East schedul/e last year included the NFC South, so we already know what would happen if the Patriots vplayed againsdt the Falcons, Saints, or Panthers in the playoffs. That includes having no problem at all with the Falcons.
    Jaguars fan for life

How far would the Pats go if they were in a competent division is a better question.

The real green monster.

They wouldn't be the #1 or #2 seed, so my bet is division round.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

NFC Championship game probably. I don't think the Panthers, Falcons, Saints, Rams, or Vikings would beat them.

They wouldnít make it out of the East.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    NFC Championship game probably. I don't think the Panthers, Falcons, Saints, Rams, or Vikings would beat them.
    Falcons and Rams probably couldn't. Panthers beat them in NE and they've never had an answer for Cam when they've played. They did beat the Saints, but that was early in the season before they hit their groove, and I could see the Vikes doing it.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

whaaaat? What is the goal of this thread? Haha. Granted I don't think this was the most talented roster the Patriots sent to the Super Bowl, but they did go 13-3 during the regular season. Brady did just drop 505 yards against a top 5 defense as well. Sure their road might've been tougher in the NFC, but the result is likely the same with an eventual meeting with the Eagles.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Falcons and Rams probably couldn't. Panthers beat them in NE and they've never had an answer for Cam when they've played. They did beat the Saints, but that was early in the season before they hit their groove, and I could see the Vikes doing it.
    I could see any of them winning, it isn't like I'm saying they couldn't win or get blown out. All would probably be close games. But I'd bet on the Pats.

IDK. Philly came out of the NFC and NE played them within one score with a chance for a go ahead drive with 2 minutes. They could lose to any team in the NFC on any given day and they could beat any team in the NFC on any given day.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Teams have 2 weeks to prepare for the Super Bowl, one (and sometimes a short week at that) in the playoffs......BB would've had less time to game plan, but then so would his opposition
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    IDK. Philly came out of the NFC and NE played them within one score with a chance for a go ahead drive with 2 minutes. They could lose to any team in the NFC on any given day and they could beat any team in the NFC on any given day.
    If you count that regular season game against the Eagles a couple yrs back, Philly is 2-0 against the Patriots including this SB win. And who knows how many times the Giants have beaten us in both the regular season? And lets not for get those SB losses against them. I hope we never have to play these same teams again in the SB or face the Redskins and or Cowboys in the SB. Seems like the only division we have a hard time beating is the NFC East. We're 1-3 against the NFC East in SB's and we barely beat the Eagles the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Reason I ask is because I think that any of the 4 teams that played in the NFC wild card weekend could have beat the Pats., albeit in probably close games. Maybe not the Falcons but it would have been a close game.

Would the Pats escape Wild Card round? Divisonal round? Championship round?
    Well, first of all you'd have to tell me whose spot the Patriots would be taking in the playoffs. Also, they probably would have been good enough to compete for a bye, so wild card weekend might be irrelevant here.

Then I guess it should also be pointed out that the Super Bowl was very close and there's several single decisions or plays you could change to also change the outcome of the game.

I know it's typically pointless to make transitional comparisons in the NFL, but the Eagles clearly beat the Vikings and only barely beat the Patriots despite Foles having an even better game.

The Eagles defense obviously looked better against the Vikings, but the Patriots negated the Eagles' pass rush, by far their biggest strength, via a hurry-up short/intermediate passing game, and sluggo routes based off of that. It's the same way the 3-13 Giants played their two best games offensively against the Eagles. That game plan was obvious and I predicted it in the game thread, as I did putting Jenkins on the Pats RBs, who were contained for the most part.

The whole reason why the pass rush came through ONE time in the end, is that the Eagles employed a DL rotation 7 men deep, so unlike the Falcons in the previous Super Bowl, they were still pretty fresh by the 4th quarter despite the defense playing 76 snaps in total. (NFL average is 63.)

Long story short, the only NFC team I think would have been competitive against the Patriots are the Panthers, because of way they played them in the regular season. The LB/DB level of Carolina's defense is better than ours, so the same game plan wouldn't have worked against them, and their DL is pretty good as well. Their offense has no clear play-makers, which makes it harder for Belichick to scheme against them, and Cam has it in him to play a good game despite most things on his offense not working as planned.

The Vikings most likely would have struggled on both sides of the ball as they did against the Eagles. I wouldn't have given the Saints much of a chance if the game were to be played in Foxboro. The Rams unlike the Eagles showed they weren't ready for the playoffs; several players had their nerves get to them and as a team got beat at home. The 2017 Falcons were worse than the 2016 version the Patriots beat in the Super Bowl -- Atlanta's defense by the end of 2016 were as good as they were throughout 2017, but Sarkisian's offense was worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    How far would the Pats go if they were in a competent division is a better question.
    No, that is not the question. New England does not need to be in a division with two bad teams to dominant the NFL.
    Jaguars fan for life

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast