Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Hopefully the Colts have a backup strategy, because nothing is final until it's put in writing. And if they don't, shame on them.

I don't think it makes you a "bad person" or a "dick" or a "douche" to back out of a job to stay somewhere you're capable of before it's official. These are serious life decisions. To us it's just a totally non-emotional thing to talk about on sports forums but this is his life. But I think going forward it makes you question him as a serious HC candidate for anywhere outside of NE.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Woooooowwww...that sux for them. Gotta feel at least some sympathy for the Colts. They basically lost a month now regarding getting a coach and building a staff.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I don't think it makes you a "bad person" or a "dick" or a "douche" to back out of a job to stay somewhere you're capable of before it's official. These are serious life decisions. To us it's just a totally non-emotional thing to talk about on sports forums but this is his life. But I think going forward it makes you question him as a serious HC candidate for anywhere outside of NE.
    Sure. I think you and I are on the same page

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

1. Luck's future is in doubt, more so than ever.
    2. McD better hope he is named the successor to BB in NE because he won't be consider for another HC job for a LONG time, if ever.

Not a good look for McD. Hope it's worth it.
    Screw sabermetics.

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    Ya. I really doubt heís offered anything other than NE ever again. Iím sure he was promised the HC spot there within 3 years or something, got a pay bump and is the coach in waiting or whatever. Itís freaking undeniable though that he screwed them royally

7. 02-06-2018, 10:04 PM
    Reason
    Offtopic baiting

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    Man I can't think of another time this happened. What a terrible look
    Can't tell if serious or sarcastic.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    Ya. I really doubt heís offered anything other than NE ever again. Iím sure he was promised the HC spot there within 3 years or something, got a pay bump and is the coach in waiting or whatever. Itís freaking undeniable though that he screwed them royally
    Oh yeah. He ****ed over Indy pretty hard. I'm just saying though that if the guy had a legit last minute change of heart or cold feet then he's gotta do what's best for him. It's his life and career. You're never a bad person in my mind for making the career move in your own best interest - you gotta live your life. But his decision to leave them at the alter reflects poorly on his qualifications to handle being a HC somewhere else and will be rightly held against him. He deserves to make the decision that's best for him and he deserves all the ramifications of that decision and how he made it too. That's my full take on it.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Its hard to sell anyone on the Colts job when they have so many holes on their roster and Luck's future is in question. I can't say I blame him, especially if there are thoughts that Belichick might retire sooner than later. Yes I understand Brady is 40 years old but McDaniels will presumably have a chance at a better job regardless of whether he takes over with the Patriots or when something else opens up.

He could have maybe told them earlier... If he can't figure out what he wants, there's no way he'll figure out how to be a good HC.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    He could have maybe told them earlier... If he can't figure out what he wants, there's no way he'll figure out how to be a good HC.
    Plus he was on the phone earlier today offering coaches positions positions. Indy even hired the DC and OC's already that Josh had wanted.

Just a bad look for him either way.

Never Forget

Wonder is Indy will file a grievance for this because of hiring guys that might not want to work with a different coach.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Wonder is Indy will file a grievance for this because of hiring guys that might not want to work with a different coach.
    Itís probably unlikely that a lot of those guys have signed contracts already

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    This likely reflects a last ditch effort for Kraft to get him to stay and it worked... calling the guy a douche for making a career decision that he felt was best for him is ill advised, sorry. These are very serious decisions for these guys that arenít quite as black and white as many want to make them seem

Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Itís probably unlikely that a lot of those guys have signed contracts already

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/sta...45602355302400

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Offense

#InCaldwellWeTrust

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast