Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Wait a second... why is he a dick?... if you decide to leave your job of several years for another job, you accept and hand in a resignation... then a few days before leaving your boss offers you the same salary you’re leaving for and tells you that in the near future you’ll be getting a significant promotion and another salary bump... you’re telling me you wouldn’t stay in your position?... why is he so bad for making a decision literally all of us likely would’ve made...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm not sure "dick" is the operative word for it, but this absolutely hangs the Colts in a bad spot. They clearly thought for a while he was going to take the job. They had everything lined up even officially announcing it. I think it's a crap move for Indianapolis to pull out last minute. Who are they going to hire now?

I mean, he has the right to do this, but it's going to paint him in a really bad light. If I'm a team, I'm not considering him and getting stuck with the remainders, if I have an opening. This is basically New England or Bust for him for another HC spot.
    We're From Philadelphia

We. Fight.

No other team will touch him as a HC now, not that I think he'd make a good one either way.
    Seattle Seahawks- New Orleans Pelicans- Atlanta Braves- Anaheim Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I'm not sure "dick" is the operative word for it, but this absolutely hangs the Colts in a bad spot. They clearly thought for a while he was going to take the job. They had everything lined up even officially announcing it. I think it's a crap move for Indianapolis to pull out last minute. Who are they going to hire now?

I mean, he has the right to do this, but it's going to paint him in a really bad light. If I'm a team, I'm not considering him and getting stuck with the remainders, if I have an opening. This is basically New England or Bust for him for another HC spot.
    And that’s fine... but I just don’t see why he’s such a bad guy for making a move that he felt was best for him and his family... it sucks for Indy that it came so late, but unfortunately that’s business... for an example... my company hired a kid 2 weeks ago, he accepted the position, we got his email address set up, purchased a company phone for him, had a company truck ready for him (he was going to be a parts driver essentially)... the day before he was set to start he pulled out and explained he felt under pressure to take the position when it wasn’t exactly what he was looking for.... yeah it sucked... but how can you hold a grudge against someone trying to make the best decision for their future?

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

What a douche.

Cool

sfgiants....colts got stabbed in back today, but you’re talking about Irsay and Kraft here with Brady and Andrew Luck shoulder vagina.....it’s night and day for McD

And that’s fine... but I just don’t see why he’s such a bad guy for making a move that he felt was best for him and his family... it sucks for Indy that it came so late, but unfortunately that’s business... for an example... my company hired a kid 2 weeks ago, he accepted the position, we got his email address set up, purchased a company phone for him, had a company truck ready for him (he was going to be a parts driver essentially)... the day before he was set to start he pulled out and explained he felt under pressure to take the position when it wasn’t exactly what he was looking for.... yeah it sucked... but how can you hold a grudge against someone trying to make the best decision for their future?

I think the issue here is that he was being given a pretty big promotion and he took back his original job. I also think it's a bit different from a sports perspective, than a normal job, in that every other franchise knows his backstory...most other businesses probably won't.

This is what's best for McDaniels in his mind for sure, but teams are trying to do what's best for them. If I'm a team, what's best for my team, probably won't include hiring Josh McDaniels for a while as I'll be very scared. He had a bad run as a HC the first time, and now this. He's very much a risky proposition.

I can see where if I'm a Colts fan, or in the Colts organization, that I think he's a dick. He had a lot of time to make that choice, and he basically screwed them. He's more than welcome to make the best choice for himself, but I do hope he understands the ramifications of those choices.
    We're From Philadelphia

We. Fight.

Lololol where are all the Patriots fans at that were giving me **** for hating him, and assured me that he was better now?

What a piece of **** McD is.

To be a fly in Irsay's room right now.

Man I can't think of another time this happened. What a terrible look

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    Wait a second... why is he a dick?... if you decide to leave your job of several years for another job, you accept and hand in a resignation... then a few days before leaving your boss offers you the same salary you’re leaving for and tells you that in the near future you’ll be getting a significant promotion and another salary bump... you’re telling me you wouldn’t stay in your position?... why is he so bad for making a decision literally all of us likely would’ve made...

Would “douche” be better? “Punk”? Sure as **** isn’t, “man of his word” or “trustworthy”. Hard to think of any positive words for a guy that pulls something like this. He did Indy dirty. Probably just realized that he’d fail again on his own and would be better off running the ship Belicheck built. What a *****

Colts must feel deflated right about now.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PAOboston View Post
    Colts must feel deflated right about now.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    I see what you did there.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I think the issue here is that he was being given a pretty big promotion and he took back his original job. I also think it's a bit different from a sports perspective, than a normal job, in that every other franchise knows his backstory...most other businesses probably won't.

This is what's best for McDaniels in his mind for sure, but teams are trying to do what's best for them. If I'm a team, what's best for my team, probably won't include hiring Josh McDaniels for a while as I'll be very scared. He had a bad run as a HC the first time, and now this. He's very much a risky proposition.

I can see where if I'm a Colts fan, or in the Colts organization, that I think he's a dick. He had a lot of time to make that choice, and he basically screwed them. He's more than welcome to make the best choice for himself, but I do hope he understands the ramifications of those choices.
    I don’t think it’s any different... these guys are still humans. If you haven’t been in the situation (and I haven’t nor am I saying any of you have/haven’t either) it’s tough to think of really a more impactful decision on your life...

And Again that’s fine... colts fans have every right to be angry... I just still fail to see how this is some major flaw in his character? The guy has a family and ultimately he probably wanted to stay with a franchise he was familiar with and had a lot of success with. I honestly think, as much tough luck as this is for the Colts, it’s probably the right decision.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

It's the risk that these teams take when they are going after coaches who are still in the playoffs, much less going to the Super Bowl. The rest of the new hires have been busy hiring coordinators, firing other coaches and hiring their replacements. Meanwhile, the Colts are back at square one two days after the Super Bowl.

lol

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast