Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    He was talking about after this season. This is his last year.
    I guess they have to decide whether keeping a DE over 30 is worth big bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Supposedly, I think nbcsports, Graham has hinted at wanting an extension and to get paid like a top tier pass rusher. If he doesn't seems like he'll be looking elsewhere.
    I could see us giving him one more contract where we could get out of it in like 2 to 3 years. Wouldn't be shocked if he finds his way back home to Detroit at some point.

The real green monster.

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    I guess they have to decide whether keeping a DE over 30 is worth big bucks.
    He's maybe got 2 more elite years left in him, probably a few years of good play after that as well.. I think he's worth a new contract depending on what it's gonna take to lock him up

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    He's maybe got 2 more elite years left in him, probably a few years of good play after that as well.. I think he's worth a new contract depending on what it's gonna take to lock him up

PROBABLY big bucks.
    It won't surprise me if Howie lets him walk after next year.
    As you know, the more he gets, the less someone else gets.

Once we sign Wentz to a new deal, there will be a lot of players walking and we will be relying on a new base. I could see us cutting or trading Kendricks to get a chunk of cash (saves around 4.4M if before June 1). If we do trade Foles, that would save us 5.2M (if before June 1st, 7M post June 1st). Save 5M by cutting Torey...Maybe restructure Peters to save a couple million (he could retire if he wanted now lol)...

We will see...there are ways to save money with our current roster and make some decent moves this offseason. If a good LB prospect was available at NUMBER 32 in the draft, that is what I would select. Otherwise, I may just trade back into the 2nd round. I could see us packaging the 32nd pick with Foles to get the Bills 1st and maybe a 3rd/4th (or player?). We need to work on our defense this offseason, although the returns (and starting) of Hicks and Jones will be a pretty big lift.

We don't have to worry about Wentz for, at least, 2 years.
    I highly doubt that they will take a LB in the 1st round.
    They need to work on their offense - fast WR, 1 or 2 TE's, a LG, a backup QB(?), RB(?).
    I'll be surprised if they concentrate their offseason on the defensive side of the ball because that's what they did last year - but we'll see what they lose in free agency or trades.
    It all begins on March 14.

I'm somewhat surprised that they haven't lost Schwartz (yet).

I just learned that Donnie Jones is getting paid 2M this coming year according to over the cap, he 37. We have a back up punter who a rookie getting about half a mil. Cutting Jones would save a little over a million I believe. The odd thing is Roseman gave Jones an extension about a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
    I just learned that Donnie Jones is getting paid 2M this coming year according to over the cap, he 37. We have a back up punter who a rookie getting about half a mil. Cutting Jones would save a little over a million I believe. The odd thing is Roseman gave Jones an extension about a year ago.
    Not too odd. Reliability is #1 in special teams. Other positions reliability is important sure. But when it comes to special teams itís a thing of if you find a kicker, punter or long snapper that is consistent and reliable you keep them for like 15 years because theyíre never that expensive and they donít lose a step

Itís why you see special team guys stay with a team for a ridiculous amount of time and sometimes theyíre the longest tenured member of that roster for long periods

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Not too odd. Reliability is #1 in special teams. Other positions reliability is important sure. But when it comes to special teams itís a thing of if you find a kicker, punter or long snapper that is consistent and reliable you keep them for like 15 years because theyíre never that expensive and they donít lose a step

Itís why you see special team guys stay with a team for a ridiculous amount of time and sometimes theyíre the longest tenured member of that roster for long periods
    I think Jones has lost a step and think an upgrade there would be nice.

Just have kamu gruger-hill punt the ball next year. Problem solved

Your baby can't do this

We have a 3 year window before having to extend Wentz, so in that span is when I extend every important young person possible and front load their contracts.
    i'd extend Graham right now with an opt out the same year Wentz extension kicks in because like everyone else, I only think he has about 3 years of elite play left, meaning we need to draft a DE in a couple years again.
    Extending BG also can help us free up cap this year because we can do that shady stuff Howie does and give him a signing bonus to help lower his cap hit this year.

Our draft this year and next year is going to be crucial AF, we have to hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Duce and Mike Groh are interviewing for the OC spot.
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    WE ALL WE NEED. WE ALL WE GOT.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415