Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 64 of 71 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast
Results 946 to 960 of 1056
  1. #946
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Metroplex
    Posts
    1,494
    Retirement has been good for Jason Witten. His hair already looks in post retirement shape

  2. #947
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    13,667
    Raiders rookie Maurice Hurst Jr full participant in Raiders rookie mini camp. No restrictions out of the gate.

    Never Forget

  3. #948
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Punta Gorda, FL
    Posts
    27,584
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Raiders rookie Maurice Hurst Jr full participant in Raiders rookie mini camp. No restrictions out of the gate.
    Would really like to know his real condition. Michigan and Harvard doctors both cleared him but as many as 14-15 teams took him off the draft boards. One GM was even quoted saying "He should never put a ****ing helmet on again". So they where legit worried about it.

  4. #949
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    11,150
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Would really like to know his real condition. Michigan and Harvard doctors both cleared him but as many as 14-15 teams took him off the draft boards. One GM was even quoted saying "He should never put a ****ing helmet on again". So they where legit worried about it.
    ECG tests diagnosed him with a heart condition, which could be a number of different things, with varying degrees of seriousness. There might be a not insignificant change he could die on the field with a cardiac arrest. That's really the only reason I see why so many teams took him off their boards completely. Hurst is obviously capable of making his own decisions, but it would still be a terrible tragedy if that happened.

    Several soccer players have been dying with a heart attack on the field every year, almost all on the semi-pro level or leagues that don't do the proper testing: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._while_playing

    According to an article I read "sources say" it's "the same" condition Star Lotulelei got diagnosed with at the Combine, which was probably cardiomyopathy, but in his case it was caused by a virus. The condition can also be hereditary.

    Maybe it's something that can be monitored, in which case Hurst will probably play until it becomes life-threatening.

  5. #950
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    In the Middle of the Map
    Posts
    17,832
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Raiders sign ILB Derrick Johnson

  6. #951
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Rockford IL
    Posts
    3,819
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Raiders rookie Maurice Hurst Jr full participant in Raiders rookie mini camp. No restrictions out of the gate.
    Teams were stupid to pass him up for medical reasons. He was already cleared.

  7. #952
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    11,150
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    Teams were stupid to pass him up for medical reasons. He was already cleared.
    What do you mean? Many teams didn't clear him to play.

  8. #953
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    13,667
    Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    You guys did draft our GM's son.

    I just image this scene but the opposite colors for Christmas this season:


    Never Forget

  9. #954
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    13,667
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    Teams were stupid to pass him up for medical reasons. He was already cleared.
    I don't know about stupid but I feel if the combine didnt ask him to come back and Michigan and Harvard did clear him I would expect him to be fine. I do understand each team is different though. Each year teams drop players off for their boards because of medicals and another teams drafts them. This year is no different but gets more attention as its top tier player. I mean star lotulelei also had a medical heart concern in college. He still is fine.

    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    What do you mean? Many teams didn't clear him to play.
    I think he is referring to Michigan and Harvard both clearing him.

    Never Forget

  10. #955
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    11,150
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    I mean star lotulelei also had a medical heart concern in college. He still is fine.
    As I've commented above, Lotulelei was different because his ECG test at the Combine was due to a virus, i.e. it was a temporary issue.

    It seems to me, Hurst likely has a heart condition that might cut his career short, but that doesn't mean he can't still be a good player.

  11. #956
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    13,667
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    As I've commented above, Lotulelei was different because his ECG test at the Combine was due to a virus, i.e. it was a temporary issue.

    It seems to me, Hurst likely has a heart condition that might cut his career short, but that doesn't mean he can't still be a good player.
    Here is an article where Lowell(star's brother) stated that Hurst told him he was diagnosed with the same heart condition as his brother(star).
    https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...combine-030318

    No word has come out since stating his exact condition so I dont want to say full certainty that its the same but if its the same issue as Star, Hurst chances are good long term.

    Never Forget

  12. #957
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    11,150
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Here is an article where Lowell(star's brother) stated that Hurst told him he was diagnosed with the same heart condition as his brother(star).
    https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...combine-030318

    No word has come out since stating his exact condition so I dont want to say full certainty that its the same but if its the same issue as Star, Hurst chances are good long term.
    As I said, my best guess is cardiomyopathy, which can have many causes, like a virus, or be hereditary. My guess is Hurst's condition is not temporary else he wouldn't have fallen so far in the draft, as Lotulelei didn't.

  13. #958
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Rockford IL
    Posts
    3,819
    Panthers sign RB C.J. Anderson.

  14. #959
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    19,109
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    Teams were stupid to pass him up for medical reasons. He was already cleared.
    Depends on if his heart condition is chronic or not.

  15. #960
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,205
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    Panthers sign RB C.J. Anderson.
    But I thought getting rid of Stewart meant McC was taking all the snaps this year?!?!
    First 4 years:
    Brown - 54 GP, 27 GS, 261 catches (63.3%) for 3,561 yds (8.6 AVG), 15 TD
    Landry - 64 GP, 57 GS, 400 catches (70.2%) for 4,038 yds (10.1 AVG), 22 TD

    Huh. Wonder why Landry is getting paid so much...

    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Page 64 of 71 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •