Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Wow Amendola gone,Lewis will be gone Butler will be gone and more than likely Solder will be gone
    Everyones hope for Colvin wont happen as he's going to Houston
    Sad state of affairs

Quote Originally Posted by burtgummer View Post
    Wow Amendola gone,Lewis will be gone Butler will be gone and more than likely Solder will be gone
    Everyones hope for Colvin wont happen as he's going to Houston
    Sad state of affairs
    Sucks to lose Danny, but I can't help but be happy for him. Buried behind Edelman, Cooks and Hogan and a nice offer for a bigger role - I can see why he'd leave. This one will hurt come playoff time or an Edelman injury.

City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    Sucks to lose Danny, but I can't help but be happy for him. Buried behind Edelman, Cooks and Hogan and a nice offer for a bigger role - I can see why he'd leave. This one will hurt come playoff time or an Edelman injury.
    Exactly I don't blame him at all, the Patriots tried to stay cheap, and now you need to add a wr to list of major needs

Quote Originally Posted by burtgummer View Post
    Exactly I don't blame him at all, the Patriots tried to stay cheap, and now you need to add a wr to list of major needs
    WR is still not a major need. We were overstocked at the position. Cooks, Edelman, Hogan, Mitchell, Dorset, Britt and Slater should be back. Iím fine rolling into the season with this group.

City of Champions

Safe to say Iíve underestimated this Free Agent market. I had Sherman going for something like 2/$25 - ended up getting 3/$39. Trey Burton I thought would be around 3/$20 and he got 4/$32. Wanted Amendola back at 3/$10 and he got 2/$12

Iím ok sitting back in this market. Prices are wayyy overinflated. As frustrating as it is to watch the big names come off the board, weíre doing the right thing. We donít have the cap space to spend frivolously
    Last edited by Oakmont_4; 03-13-2018 at 04:05 PM.

WR is still not a major need. We were overstocked at the position. Cooks, Edelman, Hogan, Mitchell, Dorset, Britt and Slater should be back. Iím fine rolling into the season with this group.
    Mitchell is a huge question mark
    Dorsett has done next to nothing
    Britt is a wait and see and if Slater comes back he wont play wr as you know he's a special teams ace

We still have 3 guys above the ones you mentioned. How many other teams consider a 4th WR a huge need?

Solder going to get $13M+ elsewhere? Sorry, he sucks against speed rushers, and even though he plays through injuries, he's been quite ineffective when doing so.

Let him go, trade for/sign a vet LT for a year (think Waters stage of the career), draft a LT high in the draft (unless the swing OT's we have can graduate to starter), and patch work it with the last great task for the OL whisperer.

Amendola leaving? The injuries got in his way early, but he posted some huge plays. I'll never forget him.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

We still have 3 guys above the ones you mentioned. How many other teams consider a 4th WR a huge need?
    Yeah true I guess I'm just frustrated they need a lot of help and limited $$$ to get it

NFL athletes tend not to be themselves the year after what Edelman suffered. A what age did Welker decline? (A: age 31 season) and then later start wearing that Gazoo helmet? 32? Well in 2016, Edelman had his worst catch % year since 2011 when he was an end of the roster guy. This year, he'll be 32 (Gazoo time) coming off a bad injury. Counting on him for a 70 catch, 68 catch % is really asking for a lot.

Cooks made a lot of mistakes on his way to a statistically very sound season. Has to be paid a good deal of money this year. Too much?

Hogan - solid AFAIK.

The other WR's on the roster as was mentioned probably won't account for 25 catches between them.

Gronk has been trying out the life after the NFL thing - maybe a ruse, maybe real. Yeah, he's a TE, and he's also the most important receiver we have.

We have no 2nd TE in terms of catching the ball either.

Maybe Amendola knows that this is his last deal and he's taking care of family, because here he'd get his usual cut.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

I'd like to get Jordy Nelson after his release but I'm sure that wont happen

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    NFL athletes tend not to be themselves the year after what Edelman suffered. A what age did Welker decline? (A: age 31 season) and then later start wearing that Gazoo helmet? 32? Well in 2016, Edelman had his worst catch % year since 2011 when he was an end of the roster guy. This year, he'll be 32 (Gazoo time) coming off a bad injury. Counting on him for a 70 catch, 68 catch % is really asking for a lot.

Cooks made a lot of mistakes on his way to a statistically very sound season. Has to be paid a good deal of money this year. Too much?

Hogan - solid AFAIK.

The other WR's on the roster as was mentioned probably won't account for 25 catches between them.

Gronk has been trying out the life after the NFL thing - maybe a ruse, maybe real. Yeah, he's a TE, and he's also the most important receiver we have.

We have no 2nd TE in terms of catching the ball either.

Maybe Amendola knows that this is his last deal and he's taking care of family, because here he'd get his usual cut.
    Huh? Welker tore his ACL in 2010, he came back in 2011 at age 30 an put up 120 catches and 1,500+ yards. He followed that up with 118 and 1,300+ the following season at 31. He then bolted to DEN where he became the 3rd WR in a high powered offense for a QB who throws ducks across the middle and had a history of ending his WRís careers with bad throws into defenders. Not exactly comparable and your way off on the timing of demise and injury. Also Welker had about 700+ receptions when he declined. Edelmanís at 425 right now. Welker was used and abused. Edelman is only about halfway to that point.

I expect edelman to have 2 more very productive seasons. Year 3 heíll post about 80 receptions and 700 yards before nosediving in year 4. He should be out of NE by then or B.B. will have convinced him to stay on a deal that canít hurt us

Most WRs struggle mightily when coming here. 90% have failed to even come close to putting up numbers Cooks did. Now heís nowhere near perfect and I never said as much. But heís still very good and should improve with another year in the offense. $8mil for a #1 is not too much (yes Cooks is a #1). Amendola just got $6mil per. Iíll take Cooks for $8mil for 1 year.

Hogan solid

Gronk playing games but heíll be back. Not worried about his production when back either

Do we have issues long term? Sure. But not this year. And Dola wasnít helping long term either. Not sure what your point is here?
    Last edited by Oakmont_4; 03-13-2018 at 05:46 PM.

I like him as a player but I donít see it happening. Heís not taking a below market deal. Hogan is a poor manís Jordy Nelson.

Yeah I'm with OAK on WR. Not saying it's perfect but it's a pretty good group. I wouldn't call Cooks/Edleman/Hogan/Mitchell/Britt/Dorsett a weakness. Definitely question marks but realistically you aren't going to have studs at #4 and #5 on the depth chart. I'd love if a draft pick forced his way onto the roster though so we could have some long-term stability there though. Cooks, Hogan, Britt, Dorsett will all be FAs next year, Edleman is aging and Mitchell has injury problems.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

yea im thinking solder is a goner. We need him but at the same time he isn't elite and paying 13 million plus is probably not that smart.

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast