Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Ok...Smith is QB (no more crying)...What are the next moves?

I think we have to get him another wr and a rb that can help make a difference. The o-line is great when healthy. Smith has shown he can throw to a TE, and we like to do that and have 2 good ones. Crowder will work with Smith's checkdown style, and we have to continue to run Doctson out there. But we need one more guy, and I prefer a FA.

At rb, we can draft a guy that makes a difference in rd 2, but we will still use Chris Thompson next yr, abd he fits Smith.

I would like to re-up Brown and we all of a sudden need cbs....as Breelabd is a pending FA and will cost too much for what he does (or does not do). Drafting another defender will help (be it a rush LB, a big nose tackle or a secondary guy. Fnally, it is time to finally solve our safety position with a serious FA. Swearinger can play both positions, so we have flexibility. Another good safety would help the defense tremendously

Thoughts?

Well we need to draft a QB early, other than that I say go defense on every pick. Fill holes on offense with FA

We owe too much money to Smith guaranteed to draft QB early and have them sit 4 yrs (3 yrs min). I don't see QB in the plans until 4th rd

We have holes to be sure. We also have people who were injured coming back. We should try to fill the skilled positions with proven vets, either by FA or trade. One more stud DL and LB,CB options in the draft.

White Sox & Redskins Forever

True, this year probably isnt best to draft a QB. 2018 will be a throw away year anyway you slice it, so use this draft entirely on defense. Building an elite defense should be the number one priority hands down. If we have the talent on D by next years draft, then go QB. Well have a top 5 pick to get one. Because of Smiths contract, whoever we draft might have to sit behind him for a year, but I highly highly doubt Smith plays here any longer than two seasons. Until then, defense defense defense.

Quote Originally Posted by IHateTheSkins View Post
    True, this year probably isnt best to draft a QB. 2018 will be a throw away year anyway you slice it, so use this draft entirely on defense. Building an elite defense should be the number one priority hands down. If we have the talent on D by next years draft, then go QB. Well have a top 5 pick to get one. Because of Smiths contract, whoever we draft might have to sit behind him for a year, but I highly highly doubt Smith plays here any longer than two seasons. Until then, defense defense defense.
    You're ready to call 2018 a throw away year before free agency and the draft even happen? You guys are so negative it's depressing.

While I donít want them to draft a QB early this season... Iím sure there are outs to Smithís contract. I for one am quite sure he wonít be around for all four years. They should invest in a late round young QB at some point to develop.

Other than that, they need to figure out the running back situation because what we have now isnít gonna cut it. Thompson is a great weapon receiving but we need a every down back. Wideout needs to be addressed as well. Letting Jackson and GarÁon go very noticeable. Canít depend on Reed to stay healthy and Davis is only getting older. So another TE high in the draft wonít hurt.
    Last edited by DJG; 02-03-2018 at 08:12 PM.

My next move: marking my season ticket renewal notice "Return To Sender"

if you are looking for a late round QB ,

Senior Bowl MVP Kyle Lauletta ....Richmond Spiders.....he checks every box

White Sox & Redskins Forever