Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Why is the news that Bogut is going to sign with a contender even news...???
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    Why is the news that Bogut is going to sign with a contender even news...???
    Do you think we can get him?

That would be the worst full circle for IT...
    Just a while ago there was all the Brink's truck talk. It's sad kinda.

Quote Originally Posted by DitchDat View Post
    Just a while ago there was all the Brink's truck talk. It's sad kinda.
    Yeah... His confidence may have actually been a detriment to him... Prior to the hip injury (which I think he felt much earlier than it was reported), I would have thought he would at least get 4/60mil from somebody... It's back to square one for him again...

You look at Chandler Parsons who will end up with 125mil when his next contract is up...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by DitchDat View Post
    Do you think we can get him?
    Please no...

*wrong no used*...
    Last edited by Forever35; 02-09-2018 at 11:06 AM.

Reggie Lewis

I'm interested in seeing the last player to have one 29ppg season in a three year span and go into FA getting the MLE... That's what he may end up getting...
    IT was 103rd on single season ppg at 28.93... Other than the old timers that I may not know, I can't see such a drop off that would effect a players contract season before 103rd...

May need Bags to check out the old timers... Not that any of those guys signed the crazy deals handed out nowadays...

Man I feel for the little guy... I bet he ends up like Jay Williams and gets a TV analyst job when he's out of the league...

Reggie Lewis

All the Brinks truck talk was from IT. If he could have set aside the ego when talking to DA, and said he'd be OK at $16-18M we might still have the Nets pick and no Kyrie.

The Parish and draft pick that was McHale for the 1st pick that Joe Barry Carrol along with the Russell deal are the Celts high water marks.

I'd say that the combination of the Kyrie and Tatum moves pretty much equals that McHale trade in terms of impact. Kyrie early mid career HOF. Won't last as long as Parish, but sorry folks Kyrie is a greater PG than Parish was a Center. As for McHale I doubt Tatum will post a year like McHale in '86-'87, but Tatum could have more career value. We don't know the value of the pick yet. And we don't know the outcome of the 76'ers pick. Still. I think in toto - it's a big win.

BTW one more plug for Stevens. Look at the guys that left/got dealt.

IT
    Crowder - exposed
    AB - exposed

KO, Amir, Jerebko - all landed OK, all doing about the same. All role players.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

IT was 103rd on single season ppg at 28.93... Other than the old timers that I may not know, I can't see such a drop off that would effect a players contract season before 103rd...

May need Bags to check out the old timers... Not that any of those guys signed the crazy deals handed out nowadays...

Man I feel for the little guy... I bet he ends up like Jay Williams and gets a TV analyst job when he's out of the league...
    I looked back at the top 3 scorers per year back to 1970, and the six guys I pulled out all had years after where either as fan favs or teams desperate for scoring kept paying them hoping to hit lightening in a bottle. It's a pretty bad investment in many cases.

Of course IT isn't on a MLE yet. As I mentioned about a dozen times last year, a ball dominant PG that can't play D, who is this size only has to lose 3/4" or 1.5" off his vertical and he's going to go from elite scorer to a heaver on the outside that can't get his shot off his drive because he's going to eat 25%+ of them.

I also said it wouldn't surprise me if was retired by '21-'22.

Like Rondo getting huge time with the ball and passing - since it was his only consistent value on O, IT can drive and shoot and shoot. He's an average passer at best. He can't defend (though he tried here). He didn't see that reality. The bell is starting to toll for his career. Third chime on the way to midnight.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 02-09-2018 at 12:27 PM.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Does DA give TA a call...??? I wouldn't mind that...

Reggie Lewis

If celtics had moved marcus smart for a first and obtained tyreke I would say they would have explored the Tony allen market, however since they kept marcus smart I doubt it. They already have Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart ans Terry Rozier who are in the top 25 of defensive win shares per 48 in the entire league that can defend guard positions.

Considering teams usually only play 9 or 10 players come playoff time, I imagine they will look at guys who are good scorers but at the same time who wont kill you defensively.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    All the Brinks truck talk was from IT. If he could have set aside the ego when talking to DA, and said he'd be OK at $16-18M we might still have the Nets pick and no Kyrie.

The Parish and draft pick that was McHale for the 1st pick that Joe Barry Carrol along with the Russell deal are the Celts high water marks.

I'd say that the combination of the Kyrie and Tatum moves pretty much equals that McHale trade in terms of impact. Kyrie early mid career HOF. Won't last as long as Parish, but sorry folks Kyrie is a greater PG than Parish was a Center. As for McHale I doubt Tatum will post a year like McHale in '86-'87, but Tatum could have more career value. We don't know the value of the pick yet. And we don't know the outcome of the 76'ers pick. Still. I think in toto - it's a big win.

BTW one more plug for Stevens. Look at the guys that left/got dealt.

IT
    Crowder - exposed
    AB - exposed

KO, Amir, Jerebko - all landed OK, all doing about the same. All role players.
    Donít forget Crawford and Turner on that list!

Bellinelli getting bought out, is still like his shooting off the bench and sit Semi down.

Quote Originally Posted by CELTICS4LYFE View Post
    Bellinelli getting bought out, is still like his shooting off the bench and sit Semi down.
    I dont think he would be taking away semi's minutes has he guard different positions and Brad uses semi for defensive purposes. If Bellinelli were to come to boston he would be take Larkin and abdel naders minutes. And maybe some of Smarts and roziers depending on the celtics and opposing teams lineup and game situation.

I dont really care to bring bellineli here, but hes an improvement from nader and can shoot the 3 pretty well. Not sure what the buyout market will end up looking like but I would set my sights higher than Bellineli, but if the market is rather dry I would take him.
    Last edited by BoSox47; 02-09-2018 at 05:25 PM.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    I looked back at the top 3 scorers per year back to 1970, and the six guys I pulled out all had years after where either as fan favs or teams desperate for scoring kept paying them hoping to hit lightening in a bottle. It's a pretty bad investment in many cases.

Of course IT isn't on a MLE yet. As I mentioned about a dozen times last year, a ball dominant PG that can't play D, who is this size only has to lose 3/4" or 1.5" off his vertical and he's going to go from elite scorer to a heaver on the outside that can't get his shot off his drive because he's going to eat 25%+ of them.

I also said it wouldn't surprise me if was retired by '21-'22.

Like Rondo getting huge time with the ball and passing - since it was his only consistent value on O, IT can drive and shoot and shoot. He's an average passer at best. He can't defend (though he tried here). He didn't see that reality. The bell is starting to toll for his career. Third chime on the way to midnight.
    The funny thing is if you combined 2008 Rondo with 2016 IT - You'd have one hell of a PG

City of Champions

Probably not. I love TA, but was really only interested if Smart was moved. No roster spot available so I don't really see what he would add that we don't already have.

City of Champions

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast