Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Man, James Harden is... I don't even know anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    Man, James Harden is... I don't even know anymore.
    Yeah, that second 3-pointer he hit to push the lead to 13 was such a heat check 3. That thing must have been a 32-footer. He had an awesome night.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Bucks vs raptors in the ECF. Mark my words.

Big win tonight in what very easily could have been a loss on the second night of a back-to-back. And despite some challenges in this stretch, they went 4-0 on this road trip. I couldn't be happier with how this team is playing right now. Even in back-to-back nights when they seemed to be losing their momentum in the third quarter, they pulled it out and won in convincing fashion both nights.

James and Paul are clearly in sync right now, and each guy knows when he needs to take over and when he needs to let the other guy do his thing. They both had big plays down the stretch when needed.

Not game related, but the Rockets are rumored to be interested in a George Hill deal centered around Ryno. I definitely think this is a deal that could help them ultimately add a star guy in the offseason. Hill's basically a $19 million expiring contract next season compared to Ryno.

However, I'm not in favor of this unless they can replace Ryno's production at the 4. I've been saying all season long that I wanted them to add a competent backup PG, but I'm not in favor of losing their only true PF in the process just to acquire a backup PG making $19 million a season.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Big win tonight in what very easily could have been a loss on the second night of a back-to-back. And despite some challenges in this stretch, they went 4-0 on this road trip. I couldn't be happier with how this team is playing right now. Even in back-to-back nights when they seemed to be losing their momentum in the third quarter, they pulled it out and won in convincing fashion both nights.

James and Paul are clearly in sync right now, and each guy knows when he needs to take over and when he needs to let the other guy do his thing. They both had big plays down the stretch when needed.
    And kudos to D'Antoni for not playing Harden and Paul 40+ minutes with Gordon out. Second night of a back-to-back, little sleep, only 9 guys available (three of them being centers) good, athletic, long Heat team with Dragic and Richardson playing out of their minds. Huge, huge win.

By the way, after the win and Harden dropping 40, the next best thing to watch was Dragic having a monster game. Really happy for him. Was really fun watching him growing in Houston.

Not game related, but the Rockets are rumored to be interested in a George Hill deal centtered around Ryno. I definitely think this is a deal that could help them ultimately add a star guy in the offseason. Hill's basically a $19 million expiring contract next season compared to Ryno.

However, I'm not in favor of this unless they can replace Ryno's production at the 4. I've been saying all season long that I wanted them to add a competent backup PG, but I'm not in favor of losing their only true PF in the process just to acquire a backup PG making $19 million a season.
    Definitely intriguing. Hill is a good perimeter defender, and the Rockets would definitely be able to play 3-guard lineups with Hill or Gordon playing the 3, freeing up more minutes at the 4 for Ariza and Luc.

If Morey really is obsessed with the Warriors, it makes sense. Hill gives the Rockets another good wing defender, and the ability to switch everything without creating mismatches with Anderson being switched on quick guards, even though he's been much better in those situations. And there's the buyout market, and maybe Morey has his eyes set on someone to replace Ryno. We talked about Frye, but I think that started with the rumors about the Cavs trading Frye for Hill, and the Kings immediately buying Frye out.

With that said, the article says it's more about Hill being a more moveable contract this summer, which obviously is true. However, I can't imagine the Kings making the swap without a first round pick. And the Rockets would probably still need to attach a pick to get rid of Hill again in the offseason, so the Rockets would be giving up two picks, which I think is the price of dumping Ryno if needed. And the Rockets can't trade their 19 pick until after the draft. If they move the 20 pick, they can't trade the 19 one, and the next earliest they could trade is from the 2022 Draft.

And completely off-topic, but this is very cool:

https://sports.yahoo.com/chase-budin...163023761.html

Channing Frye traded to the Lakers, it seems. There's your first buyout candidate.

Rockets stand pat.

Reportedly interested in Joe Johnson when he reaches buyout agreement with the Kings. He's been terrible this season, be does have some ball-handling abilities to kind of play point, if needed. Gordon is just awful at it.

Apparently, the Lakers are expected to keep Frye. Nelson was obviously traded.

Rockets stand pat.

Reportedly interested in Joe Johnson when he reaches buyout agreement with the Kings. He's been terrible this season, be does have some ball-handling abilities to kind of play point, if needed. Gordon is just awful at it.

Apparently, the Lakers are expected to keep Frye. Nelson was obviously traded.
    JJ has been a topic of conversation on Clutchfans for some time. I'd be happy to bring him on. He's bee awful this year, but awful on an awful team. When motivated, JJ is a versatile guy who can do a lot of things well and play multiple positions. He's a guy who can run the offense in a pinch or play more off the ball, and he's a competent defender.

If it's not JJ, I'm sure there will be a lot of other guys available in the buyout market. I'd love Brook Lopez as a stretch 5 option if the Lakers buy him out. They could use a big man with shooting ability or a backup point guard, so any guys who get bought out and fit those descriptions I could easily see Morey contact.

I'm ultimately fine with them standing pat, though. I don't think there was a deal out there to significantly improve the roster. And when you have a team that is half a game out of the best record in the league, why fix what isn't broken?

If the Rockets don't win the title, there will always be opportunities to improve the roster over the summer. And Lebron will still be an option in a few months. Although I've got to think the Lakers' moves today were made to make it much easier to acquire Lebron this summer. As much as I want to see him in Houston, I still think Cleveland and LA are more likely landing spots for him next season.

JJ has been a topic of conversation on Clutchfans for some time. I'd be happy to bring him on. He's bee awful this year, but awful on an awful team. When motivated, JJ is a versatile guy who can do a lot of things well and play multiple positions. He's a guy who can run the offense in a pinch or play more off the ball, and he's a competent defender.
    Highly disagree on that part, and advanced numbers seem to back me up.

Shooting 27% from three, 96 OffRTG, -3.1 OBPM, under 50 TS%. I just don't know if he's got it. But then again, it wouldn't hurt to have another guy who can handle the ball.

If it's not JJ, I'm sure there will be a lot of other guys available in the buyout market. I'd love Brook Lopez as a stretch 5 option if the Lakers buy him out. They could use a big man with shooting ability or a backup point guard, so any guys who get bought out and fit those descriptions I could easily see Morey contact.
    A 7-footer who can stretch the floor offensively and create even more space is intriguing, obviously, but he would be a very weird fit defensively. Impossible to switch him on a guard. Or anyone other a big slow center really.

Also, the Rockets can't offer much PT. They can't even assure him he'll have a place in the rotation. And they can't offer more than the minimum, as well.

I'm ultimately fine with them standing pat, though. I don't think there was a deal out there to significantly improve the roster. And when you have a team that is half a game out of the best record in the league, why fix what isn't broken?

If the Rockets don't win the title, there will always be opportunities to improve the roster over the summer. And Lebron will still be an option in a few months. Although I've got to think the Lakers' moves today were made to make it much easier to acquire Lebron this summer. As much as I want to see him in Houston, I still think Cleveland and LA are more likely landing spots for him next season.
    Yeah, today's moves either really hurt the Rockets or really helped them. If LeBron wants to come to Houston via a June trade, he now has the leverage of having the Lakers ready to sign him during free agency wth cap room, in case Cleveland plays hardball. But the Cavs added more salary to their payroll next year (about $10M, not counting RFA Hood), so they're less likely to take any salary back in a LeBron trade, maybe even Gordon, and definitely not Ryno.

And I'll go off-topic again (sorry), but I just wanna say that I met LeBron's buddy Anderson Varej„o today. Outstanding guy.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

Highly disagree on that part, and advanced numbers seem to back me up.

Shooting 27% from three, 96 OffRTG, -3.1 OBPM, under 50 TS%. I just don't know if he's got it. But then again, it wouldn't hurt to have another guy who can handle the ball.
    I'm aware of how bad his advanced stats are. I live on BR, dude. But how often have we seen that narrative of a good veteran player who underachieves on a bad team and then elevates his game again when playing for a better team? It happens all the time. Also, the advanced numbers you're using are based on a small sample size of a season during which he's been mostly banged up. If he's healthy and put in the right situation, I think the guy could provide some playmaking and 3-point shooting off the bench.

All of that is a moot point, though, because the whole point of the buyout period isn't to add studs who are going to step in from Day 1 and give you 20 points a night. Those guys don't get bought out. It's to find those veteran pieces to fill out your rotation that have upside and might help you at some point down the stretch and in the playoffs in the right situation. It's a low risk, "meh" reward move. And if JJ is available, I'd much rather him being on the Rockets roster in clutch situations than playing for Golden State, San Antonio or OKC.

A 7-footer who can stretch the floor offensively and create even more space is intriguing, obviously, but he would be a very weird fit defensively. Impossible to switch him on a guard. Or anyone other a big slow center really.

Also, the Rockets can't offer much PT. They can't even assure him he'll have a place in the rotation. And they can't offer more than the minimum, as well.
    Sounds like it's a no-go anyway based on everything coming out of Lopez's camp in the media this afternoon. It sounds like he wants to remain a Laker through the rest of the season.

Yeah, today's moves either really hurt the Rockets or really helped them. If LeBron wants to come to Houston via a June trade, he now has the leverage of having the Lakers ready to sign him during free agency wth cap room, in case Cleveland plays hardball. But the Cavs added more salary to their payroll next year (about $10M, not counting RFA Hood), so they're less likely to take any salary back in a LeBron trade, maybe even Gordon, and definitely not Ryno.
    Honestly, the more I think about it, the less likely I think it is that Lebron comes to the Rockets this summer. I want it to happen, but there's just way too many obstacles. I'm not going to get my hopes up for this one, especially not when the Rockets have two Hall of Fame point guards still in their prime and an excellent supporting cast around them. If it happens? Great. But I'm not banking on it.

And I'll go off-topic again (sorry), but I just wanna say that I met LeBron's buddy Anderson Varej„o today. Outstanding guy.
    Nice! I always liked Varejao in his Cleveland days. I grew to loathe him as a player over time after he left, but I always secretly wanted the Rockets to pick him up. Seems like a good dude.

I'm aware of how bad his advanced stats are. I live on BR, dude. But how often have we seen that narrative of a good veteran player who underachieves on a bad team and then elevates his game again when playing for a better team? It happens all the time. Also, the advanced numbers you're using are based on a small sample size of a season during which he's been mostly banged up. If he's healthy and put in the right situation, I think the guy could provide some playmaking and 3-point shooting off the bench.

All of that is a moot point, though, because the whole point of the buyout period isn't to add studs who are going to step in from Day 1 and give you 20 points a night. Those guys don't get bought out. It's to find those veteran pieces to fill out your rotation that have upside and might help you at some point down the stretch and in the playoffs in the right situation. It's a low risk, "meh" reward move. And if JJ is available, I'd much rather him being on the Rockets roster in clutch situations than playing for Golden State, San Antonio or OKC.
    That's fair, and I agree with most of it. Definitely wouldn't hurt. But I must've missed Joe Johnson ever being a good defender. At almost 37, I'm not expecting that to get better.

And keep in mind the Rockets will probably sign only one player for the rest of the season. They would have to cut one of Green, Black and a guaranteed contract for next season and and deal with dead money to make room.

Honestly, the more I think about it, the less likely I think it is that Lebron comes to the Rockets this summer. I want it to happen, but there's just way too many obstacles. I'm not going to get my hopes up for this one, especially not when the Rockets have two Hall of Fame point guards still in their prime and an excellent supporting cast around them. If it happens? Great. But I'm not banking on it.
    Same here. I'd actually be a little worried. Chemistry stuff. Definitely wouldn't want LeBron messing up things in Houston, like trying to get a say in what moves Morey should or shouldn't make. Also, his attitute/leadership has been disappointing this season, to say the least.

Nice! I always liked Varejao in his Cleveland days. I grew to loathe him as a player over time after he left, but I always secretly wanted the Rockets to pick him up. Seems like a good dude.
    Yeah, I remember discussing Varejao as a Rockets target here. His team crushed mine tonight. He definitely doesn't look the same, though. But to be fair, he's coming back from injury. Actually came off the bench. I think he's still getting paid by the Blazers, if I'm not wrong. He was stretched.

Oh, and remember we were discussing Barbosa as a 4th guard for the Rockets over the summer? Killed my team last week. He's still got it. Quickest guy on the floor by a landslide.

A win would be huge tonight against a dangerous Denver squad. Wouldnít be surprised if we dropped this one, but it would make us only .5 games back of the 1 seed.

Any news on Gordon, and Ariza?

No, not yet. Ariza is out. Gordon and Anderson will warm up and see.

So, according to David Aldridge, the Rockets are interested in Tony Allen.

According to Windhorst (so, you know, grain of salt), Joe Johnson will end up in Houston.

And, per Woj, Marco Belinelli was just bought out, and there are several contenders interested.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast