Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    trade MO hes a cancer and he has cooties
    Don't think anyone is trading for his awful contract. He will almost certainly be released and after watching him all year none of us should be worried about where the hell he goes.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulBrotha View Post
    @kink lol
    I just don't see the point of cutting him. We have the space and need pass rushing. Feel like he the scapegoat for the organization because he didn't play up to his contract even tho we weren't really competing from game 1. And I as a fan can see that imagine how players on the team feel especially when a Ryan Shazier situation could looming around the corning at any moment
    I agree he was a huge scapegoat on D. But he also didn't play at full speed in all the games. I think Bowles asked him to change his style of play and be more of a guy that frees up the LBs to make their plays. Mo was frequently drawing double teams. He wasn't doing what he did early in his career and beating his guy to make a play. I think a legit, elite edge rusher would change our perception of Mo. If he was in the trenches, eating more than one OL and allowing a guy to get around the edge to the QB, we wouldn't be talking about him in such a way.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

I get the feeling we're going to sign cousins for more than Garoppolo is getting. Then we won't have enough money to actually be competitive. If we sign Cousins, I say go all in and trade up for Barkley, then use 2 or 3 picks on OL and sign a good WR and more OL.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    I get the feeling we're going to sign cousins for more than Garoppolo is getting. Then we won't have enough money to actually be competitive. If we sign Cousins, I say go all in and trade up for Barkley, then use 2 or 3 picks on OL and sign a good WR and more OL.
    We have more than enough to do both. Once we cut Mo we will have roughly 100M. If we front load Cousins for a cap hit this year of say 40M. we will STILL have more cap room than ALL but 3 teams in the NFL. Think about that. We are in the perfect spot right now. IF we sign cousins we are almost guaranteed to have the chance at the top RB, the top OL, or the top Corner in the draft. One of them will 100% be there. We then have 2 second rounders for other needs and again, still have the more money than 28 teams. We are in a GREAT position right now.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Why does everyone love Barkely? He's good but the Jets don't have that good on an o-line or QB so what makes you think that Barkely will be good on the Jets? And Cousins will 100% get more then Garoppolo.

The Jets should either sign Cousins or draft a QB and hope that Robinson or Landry aren't franchised and they can get one of them.

So we should be able to sign Cousins AND Leveon Bell if we really wanted to. Then use that first rounder on the top O-lineman. Not saying we should, but we can. Pretty exciting actually.

No one wants Mo at that salary

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I agree he was a huge scapegoat on D. But he also didn't play at full speed in all the games. I think Bowles asked him to change his style of play and be more of a guy that frees up the LBs to make their plays. Mo was frequently drawing double teams. He wasn't doing what he did early in his career and beating his guy to make a play. I think a legit, elite edge rusher would change our perception of Mo. If he was in the trenches, eating more than one OL and allowing a guy to get around the edge to the QB, we wouldn't be talking about him in such a way.
    I also agree with this. Rather than cut Mo I think if they pick up a true edge rusher in either the draft or FA that would make him a lot more productive. Also buying him a ROLEX to help him keep track of time could also help.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleaboy View Post
    Why does everyone love Barkely? He's good but the Jets don't have that good on an o-line or QB so what makes you think that Barkely will be good on the Jets? And Cousins will 100% get more then Garoppolo.

The Jets should either sign Cousins or draft a QB and hope that Robinson or Landry aren't franchised and they can get one of them.
    If the jets can sign cousins and draft Barkley they can tackle the o line problem in draft and free agency. They will have upwards of 100m in cap space to get it done. I think Barkley could be a game changer for jets; he the best overall player in the draft imo. Look at the early impact guys like Elliott and fournette have had imon their team. If jets shore up their decent defense and strengthen their o line they could start being competitive and playing in meaningful games. If jets can sign cousins without affecting cap over the years it would be worth exploring.

Quote Originally Posted by yanks024 View Post
    If the jets can sign cousins and draft Barkley they can tackle the o line problem in draft and free agency. They will have upwards of 100m in cap space to get it done. I think Barkley could be a game changer for jets; he the best overall player in the draft imo. Look at the early impact guys like Elliott and fournette have had imon their team. If jets shore up their decent defense and strengthen their o line they could start being competitive and playing in meaningful games. If jets can sign cousins without affecting cap over the years it would be worth exploring.
    He might be the best player in the draft but I'd rather have Nelson, or Williams knowing that if they are as good as they're suppose to be they will be in the league a lot longer then Barkley will be.

There seems to only be 1 good lineman available and that's Norwell from the Panthers. I think the Giants are gonna go hard for him.

Only thing I hope for with Cousins is the Jets don't waste so much time just trying to get him that they lose out on other FA's that could help them just as much.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

I definitely would rather get mccarron than spend 30 mil on cousins..

The Jets turned down a trade for McCarron last year.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    The Jets turned down a trade for McCarron last year.
    I wonder what they were asking for him? If it was a third or higher, I am glad they didn't. But if you can get him for a 3 year team friendly deal? I jump on it and then draft a QB

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

I am not a fan of Cousins on a huge contract with a lot of guaranteed money beyond year two. If the Jets do sign him though, I still want them to draft a QB somewhere in this draft.

Cousins, whether he actually makes the Jets a legit contender or not, will certainly make the team more competitive. Considering that, this might be their best opportunity to draft a high upside project at QB who can sit behind Cousins. That might be harder to find with picks in the high teens or lower 20s over the next few years.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast