Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Where will Kirk Cousins end up

With Washington getting Alex Smith where do you think Cousins will end up?

Denver needs a QB, and needs one now with the age of their core. Cousins may also take a discount to go there to win. I already saw a story where they are planning to make him an offer over the $40 million per year that Derek Carr is making.

Jacksonville is out- apparently Bortles had wrist surgery, which made his option guaranteed for the coming season, so that is $16 million they have tied up in him.

The Jets could make a play, but if you are Cousins and at age 30, do you really want to risk playing the first part of your contract in the same division as Tom Brady and Bill Belichick?

The Browns have the cap space and will be involved, but they have so much work that I don't see them being a big player.

The Bills have money locked into Tyrod Taylor, but with Cousins on the market that can easily change.

The Vikings need to decide where they go at QB. Cousins may give them the best chance to win now, but it comes with a steep price tag, and they have some players coming up who need to be extending over the next couple years.

If you asked me, it's going to be the Broncos/Vikings/Bills in that order.

This is so maddening with the QB market. Cousins is going to get paid and I do believe it will be the Browns or Broncos. A team like Vikes could show interest but I think at the end of the day his price tag will be too high. Is he a guy that can lead a franchise? Or is he a Joe Flacco where you need to surround him with players to be successful? If he is a Flacco then you end up hurting your team because you can't sign anyone else.

The Vikes will probably have as much as $68 million in cap this next season but sit at around $58. From what I've read it appears that the Vikes still like Teddy a lot and the players have said he looks good. It's said they will try to bring Case back on a possible transition tag and Teddy to compete.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Jacksonville is out- apparently Bortles had wrist surgery, which made his option guaranteed for the coming season, so that is $16 million they have tied up in him.
    Is that really the case? I think they can release him if he's healthy and recovered from the surgery.

The Jaguars would be my best prediction to sign Cousins. They not only have the cap space, but they give him the best chance to win a Super Bowl. That's not to say the Jaguars are favorites with Cousins, but all the good teams have QBs.

Jacksonville could put most of the guarantees of his contract into the two first years -- then should he not work out for them, they could cut him and use the money instead to re-sign their 2016 and 2017 draft classes. Another option would be making the guarantees after the first two years guaranteed salary, which means they could trade him without taking it on as dead cap.

one of the b's. Bills/Broncos/Browns.

I think it will be either Denver or Arizona.

I can't see the Vikings going with anything besides one of the 3 they currently have.

Darkhorse would be Browns under new management they could really sell Cleveland to Cousins.

No way he ends up with Bills.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Is that really the case? I think they can release him if he's healthy and recovered from the surgery.

The Jaguars would be my best prediction to sign Cousins. They not only have the cap space, but they give him the best chance to win a Super Bowl. That's not to say the Jaguars are favorites with Cousins, but all the good teams have QBs.

Jacksonville could put most of the guarantees of his contract into the two first years -- then should he not work out for them, they could cut him and use the money instead to re-sign their 2016 and 2017 draft classes. Another option would be making the guarantees after the first two years guaranteed salary, which means they could trade him without taking it on as dead cap.
    Jags would make the most sense imo, it's a huge upgrade over Bortles.

Where will Kirk Cousins end up

I say the Jets offer the most money and he signs there.

I'm not sure about the Broncos cap space, I thought I read they had somewhere in 30 mil range for 2018 with 39 players on the roster, so they will have to make some moves.

I think the Cardinals are going to be the team that ends up with him.

PROCESSING

so just what kind of contract do people expect him to get? and does he take less to have more choice on where he goes?

Somebody said elsewhere that Cousins would now be out of the NFC East.......yet there sit the Giants
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by poppa12645 View Post
    I'm not sure about the Broncos cap space, I thought I read they had somewhere in 30 mil range for 2018 with 39 players on the roster, so they will have to make some moves.
    Good thought. Schefter just posted the Max Cap for teams looking for QB's

Cousins could be a huge help to Jax or Den. I think AZ makes a push for him, outside chance the Bills or Jets I guess.
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    WE ALL WE NEED. WE ALL WE GOT.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    so just what kind of contract do people expect him to get? and does he take less to have more choice on where he goes?

Somebody said elsewhere that Cousins would now be out of the NFC East.......yet there sit the Giants
    Cousins will undoubtedly become the next highest paid NFL player in history, i.e. more than Stafford.

The Giants committed to Eli at least verbally, and no team would want to pay two franchise QBs.

Browns could be a sneaky good spot.

They can pay him what he wants Josh Gordon is back and if he gets back to that elite level, watch out. Two top 4 picks in the draft that can be used to sign some great talent or traded for quality players/more picks. They've already got some young pieces in place, it's just a matter of maturing.

The return... 2018-19

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast