Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 65
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    323
    WOW! I didn't know we didn't resign Joe Montana and then we traded Darrell Green. Time to step back boys. Cousins is replaceable and Fuller had 1 good year. Too much *****in. Just blame it on the Russians why don't you, this board sounds like CNN.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    13,684
    Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    WOW! I didn't know we didn't resign Joe Montana and then we traded Darrell Green. Time to step back boys. Cousins is replaceable and Fuller had 1 good year. Too much *****in. Just blame it on the Russians why don't you, this board sounds like CNN.
    I don't care about Cousins leaving, and a third round pick for Alex Smith, even a second rounder, is great value for him. Everything is an asset, and they all have a price, and we drastically overpaid both in assets and guaranteed money for Smith.

    After the shenanigans under the Bruce Allen regime- how he's handled the team personnel, the media and the many failed moves, we're just supposed to be fine with it? Any other owner and Allen would have been out before this trade even happened.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,651
    When Cousins finally signs somewhere for an ungodly price.....we will be fine with Smith. We can also replace Fuller too . I liked him as much as anybody,but, that's what it took.......lets see how everything pans out.

    White Sox & Redskins Forever

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    13,684
    Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    When Cousins finally signs somewhere for an ungodly price.....we will be fine with Smith. We can also replace Fuller too . I liked him as much as anybody,but, that's what it took.......lets see how everything pans out.
    Not again. Snyder's finally lost me. It's all about keeping the team as mediocre as possible and keeping the stadium filled. He just doesn't seem to care about winning. I'm tired of winning the off-season, and we aren't even doing that anymore.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    11,113
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Not again. Snyder's finally lost me. It's all about keeping the team as mediocre as possible and keeping the stadium filled. He just doesn't seem to care about winning. I'm tired of winning the off-season, and we aren't even doing that anymore.
    lol lets see how everything pans out... if theres one thing ive figured out by now, its I don't trust Dan Snyder or anyone he hires to make player personnel moves, and this move is another example of confirming this. I don't understand how other redskins fans aren't grasping that we are paying Alex Smith 71mil. and possibly 90mil. over 4 years
    Last edited by MarkieMark48; 02-01-2018 at 09:26 AM.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

    HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

    2017 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    13,684
    If anyone is a winner in this situation, it's Alex Smith. This guy, at one point, was going to get cut by the Niners, but by the end of this contract, he will have made $200 million in salary and bonuses over his career. Absolutely crazy.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,651
    I dunno, I guess I'm in the minority here,but, I think Smith is a better QB than Cousins and has that 4 years left in him. He will cost much less than Cousins too. The front office must have thought there was 0 chance of resigning Kirk and they made a bold move.

    White Sox & Redskins Forever

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    11,113
    Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    I dunno, I guess I'm in the minority here,but, I think Smith is a better QB than Cousins and has that 4 years left in him. He will cost much less than Cousins too. The front office must have thought there was 0 chance of resigning Kirk and they made a bold move.
    Based on what? the record of his team? Because there is no way you can look at stats and honestly say hes a better QB. Hes doesn't throw as many interceptions as Kirk which is good, but its not like Kirk was an INT machine either
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

    HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

    2017 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    13,684
    Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    I dunno, I guess I'm in the minority here,but, I think Smith is a better QB than Cousins and has that 4 years left in him. He will cost much less than Cousins too. The front office must have thought there was 0 chance of resigning Kirk and they made a bold move.
    This is going to go down as one of the worst trades in NFL history, just watch. Cousins will get $5-6 million more per year, not nearly as much saved cap space as we expected. Then, how many other deals happen where one team downgrades on offense, downgrades on defense AND throws in a top 100 draft pick.

    At least with the Portis deal, we got better on offense despite getting worse on defense and giving up a top 100 pick. We can't say that this time.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    13
    Bruce Allen & Snyder just couldn’t help themselves. Instead of going after a QB in free agency as a stop gap to groom a rookie (like say I dunno, Bridgewater), we get this senseless trade. I truly believe that since they couldn’t get what they wanted with RG3 that they did all they could to self sabotage this team. I see 7-9 seasons on the horizon with the one fluke Wild Card appearance sprinkled in resulting in ravaging by a team like the Rams. There’s so many holes in this team that I forgave them not signing Cousins, but to do THIS?!! SMH

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,651
    Alex Smith & Cousins stats last year were damn near identical .....and Smith is 90-67 lifetime as a QB......which is far better.......

    White Sox & Redskins Forever

  12. #42
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    7,643
    Are people really oblivious to alex smith? Dude is definition of average. He had a GREAT defense AND a great running game his whole time in KC and was only slightly successful. Whats he going to do with our comically bad defense and non-existent running game? This contract is flat out terrible and that will be obvious 4 games into the season. If we had no chance of signing kirk, fine, let him walk and just draft a guy and have him sit behind mccoy for a year if need be. Going out and signing alex smith as “the guy” is the worst possible outcome of this whole ordeal, even without trading away our best defensive building block. These 7-9 predictions are hilarious, we wont win 5 games with smith. He needs weapons alllllllll around him to sniff success, and we dont have talent anywhere. He just doesnt fit here.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    I dunno, I guess I'm in the minority here,but, I think Smith is a better QB than Cousins and has that 4 years left in him. He will cost much less than Cousins too. The front office must have thought there was 0 chance of resigning Kirk and they made a bold move.
    I'm with you, I'm OK with the deal. Blame can be put on both sides as to why but the reality is Kirk was not going to be our QB next year and I'm glad they turned the page as soon as they did. I'm not crazy about the contract they gave him and I hate that they gave up Fuller to get him but I'm happy that Alex Smith will be our QB next year!

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    323
    Say it isn't so...... Joe Montana and Darrell Green are gone from the SKINS. Let it play out for Christ sake then you guys can cry like little Be-itches. All I know is Cousins and Fuller were average players for this team as well as Smith was for the Chiefs. It takes a whole team fellas to be a winning organization. Foles, Keenum and Bortles were championship week QB's doesn't that tell you enough. Deep breath, relax and let it play out.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    13,684
    Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    Say it isn't so...... Joe Montana and Darrell Green are gone from the SKINS. Let it play out for Christ sake then you guys can cry like little Be-itches. All I know is Cousins and Fuller were average players for this team as well as Smith was for the Chiefs. It takes a whole team fellas to be a winning organization. Foles, Keenum and Bortles were championship week QB's doesn't that tell you enough. Deep breath, relax and let it play out.
    If this organization hasn't been run like a joke since Snyder (and lets be honest, it's been run like a joke too) I would be totally on your side. The fact is that history is against us here, and despite my family history with the Redskins, I'm done with them after this. It is ridiculous that we continue to support this team. Until something changes, I'm out.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •