Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    In the over inflated NBA market, seems like he could get more next year, I'm with Rndy on this one.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Probably nervous after free agency last summer, no offers, hard to blame him, but he probably would get more this time if he stays healthy playing at even close to this level

Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    Probably nervous after free agency last summer, no offers, hard to blame him, but he probably would get more this time if he stays healthy playing at even close to this level

I think this is a part of it. I think another part is the idea of packing up and moving to play for a team that is pretty much saying they have no interest in him long term. There isn't much our front office can do on this trade. The Pelicans want Niko for one year, he doesnt want to go somewhere for 1/2 a season. Bulls will have to look elsewhere to unload Niko.

There just aren't enough teams with cap space. It is what hurt him last year. I'd want the option and money too.

Did anyone else notice that it was a future pick. Not a 2018 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownbullsBG7 View Post
    Did anyone else notice that it was a future pick. Not a 2018 1st.
    Where was that reported? Any source I saw just said draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Rndy View Post
    Where was that reported? Any source I saw just said draft pick.
    I meant that as a question. My bad. Had someone tell me it was afutur and was seeing if anyone knew.

https://twitter.com/MasonGinsberg/st...64494593769472

So, here is what we "know." Someone with the Bulls leaked the Asik + 1st for Mirotic deal, then Woj reported that the Pels are balking at deal if Bulls pick up Mirotic's option. The rationale on the Pels' side is being able to afford all existing deals + Mirotic + Cousins. (1/3)

It is true that these moves would push the Pels over the tax line for next season. However, it is also true that it would not be difficult to get back under it next year, OR to find another team willing to take Asik + 1st for an expiring right now. So, what can we infer? (2/3)

After discussing with @42PhD, the most reasonable explanation seems to be that Demps is playing hardball - probably via Ajinca's contract, like @SilverAndMac first suggested. He knows that he is holding the truly unique asset & is milking it for as much as he possibly can. (3/3)

If it's about taking on another contract to get what will most likely be a mid round first pick you have to do it. It's not like this team is going to be legit contenders for at least 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Rndy View Post
    If it's about taking on another contract to get what will most likely be a mid round first pick you have to do it. It's not like this team is going to be legit contenders for at least 2 years.
    If its just about taking on Asik then just absorb his contract into their cap space and take the pick for nothing.... they have the space to do so. Then trade Niko to Utah or someone else for a couple 2nd rounders and call it a day or get a heavily protected 1st rounder.

Why in the world are we giving up Niko for asik and a first rounder when they just want to dump the salary and give the first rounder to do it. Find a way to take on asik and the first with out giving up niko and trade niko for a used washer you still end up ahead.

Can we update this thread title

Quote Originally Posted by Animosity View Post
    Why in the world are we giving up Niko for asik and a first rounder when they just want to dump the salary and give the first rounder to do it. Find a way to take on asik and the first with out giving up niko and trade niko for a used washer you still end up ahead.
    I think they still want to make the playoffs this year but they dont want to take extra salaries next year.

Most of our team has cheap contracts, they want to trade for our second highest paid player and then complain about the money, lol

Quote Originally Posted by DRose01 View Post
    Snags can be fixed haha. But if the Pelicans are giving up a first don't you think they would want Mirotic for next year as well?
    here:

Quote Originally Posted by kendawg73 View Post
    Mirotic is blocking the trade, he wants the Bulls to activate 2nd year option to be traded to Pelicans. The Pelicans aren't to sure about the garuanteed second year because they feel it will have an affect on how much they have to resign Cousins.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast