Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 65
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    81,696
    You want to know how effective online bots and targeted ads can be? 51% of Republican polled by YouGov still question whether Obama is a citizen and was duly elected president. Obama presented his birth certificate to all 50 State Secretaries of State and publicly and there are still people who doubt. Where did they hear that ****? The underverified and immediate nature of the internet is a powerful tool for the propagation of false information.

    Imagine what it could do for things that are mostly false as opposed to being outright lies.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    23,144
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    1. Where is the evidence of that? You need to provide evidence.
    Multiple independent groups have verified that the size of the leak was to big to have been online through hacking. And that it was most likely done internally by someone who worked at the DNC (likely Seth rich, but we don't know for sure.) Wikileaks is an independent media outlet with no ties to Russia.

    2.They attempted to hack but they didn't accomplish anything.
    http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blo...g-and-the-2016

    3. What impact did those ad's have, and once again they weren't all pro trump add's many were anti-trump, and pro-hillary, and most weren't even related to the election but social issues like BLM and Gun Control.
    Hillary spent over a billion dollars on this election. A BILLION, are you really trying to tell me that the 500k they spent on Facebook ad's had ANYWHERE near the impact that Hillary's billion had.
    4.What tangible impact did those twitter bots actually have?

    Did Russia make attempts to influence our election, sure, but did they? What tangible, measurable effect did they actually have on the election.
    1. And every US intelligence entity has said based on their intelligence it was Russia. I will trust them over your sources. You don't have to believe it, but it is true.

    2. They didn't accomplish anything specifically with those attacks, but it is factual evidence they were being proactive towards the US election.

    3. What impact did they have? I don't know, more than 0, which is the point. You can say it had absolutely no influence until you're blue in the fact but it's a useless thing to say. If it had no impact, then why would Russia even do it in the first place?

    4. Asking for the tangible impact and expecting an exact vote count contradicts how influence and subterfuge work. It is an admission that yes Russia did indeed influence our elections but you will deny it on the grounds of exactness.

    It is as inane a question as asking "exactly how many people are affected by Racism" and then when someone says they can't give an exact account saying, "that means there is no racism at all".

    If you are asking if Russian FB ads and twitter bots influenced anyone's minds? We know the answer is factually yes, because I posted an article in the FISA memo thread that showed Russian bots were pushing the story and many here repeated what they had posted. So yes, even on PSD people have believed what Russian influence tactics were pushing.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    19,763
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    You want to know how effective online bots and targeted ads can be? 51% of Republican polled by YouGov still question whether Obama is a citizen and was duly elected president. Obama presented his birth certificate to all 50 State Secretaries of State and publicly and there are still people who doubt. Where did they hear that ****? The underverified and immediate nature of the internet is a powerful tool for the propagation of false information.

    Imagine what it could do for things that are mostly false as opposed to being outright lies.
    That **** started WAY before this election. The birther nonsense (yes that's what it is) was started by HILLARY during the primaries in 2008.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    19,763
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    1. And every US intelligence entity has said based on their intelligence it was Russia. I will trust them over your sources. You don't have to believe it, but it is true.

    2. They didn't accomplish anything specifically with those attacks, but it is factual evidence they were being proactive towards the US election.

    3. What impact did they have? I don't know, more than 0, which is the point. You can say it had absolutely no influence until you're blue in the fact but it's a useless thing to say. If it had no impact, then why would Russia even do it in the first place?

    4. Asking for the tangible impact and expecting an exact vote count contradicts how influence and subterfuge work. It is an admission that yes Russia did indeed influence our elections but you will deny it on the grounds of exactness.

    It is as inane a question as asking "exactly how many people are affected by Racism" and then when someone says they can't give an exact account saying, "that means there is no racism at all".

    If you are asking if Russian FB ads and twitter bots influenced anyone's minds? We know the answer is factually yes, because I posted an article in the FISA memo thread that showed Russian bots were pushing the story and many here repeated what they had posted. So yes, even on PSD people have believed what Russian influence tactics were pushing.
    1.They also said they're were WMD's in Iraq, if they say the DNC was hacked (btw the DNC won't hand over their servers to have the looked at by the FBI) then they can produce the evidence of the hacking. The last time we took **** at face value from US intelligence, we wound up in Iraq.

    2. So they were being proactive? So what? So was the Ukraine and likely a bunch of other countries too. if they didn't accomplish anything why punish them.

    3.Your talking about levying PERMANENT sanctions against a foreign entity, based on hearsay that agencies like the CIA and FBI refuse to back with evidence. These

    4.If we can't show TANGIBLE damage, why should we Tangibly damage another countries economy.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    81,696
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    That **** started WAY before this election. The birther nonsense (yes that's what it is) was started by HILLARY during the primaries in 2008.
    Nope. Just nope.
    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,388
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    4.If we can't show TANGIBLE damage, why should we Tangibly damage another countries economy.
    Yeah, if only we had some type of intelligence agency that that had already proven their interference or something.

    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    That **** started WAY before this election. The birther nonsense (yes that's what it is) was started by HILLARY during the primaries in 2008.
    Did you get this from a super-misleading Young Turks article as well? Trump championed it as loudly and proudly as anyone, and took a comical amount of time to distance himself from it--and halfheartedly with pretty much zero accountability for pushing it as far as he did.
    Last edited by browski234; 02-13-2018 at 09:59 PM.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    19,763
    Quote Originally Posted by browski234 View Post
    Yeah, if only we had some type of intelligence agency that that had already proven their interference or something.



    Did you get this from a super-misleading Young Turks article as well? Trump championed it as loudly and proudly as anyone, and took a comical amount of time to distance himself from it--and halfheartedly with pretty much zero accountability for pushing it as far as he did.
    Proven their interference with what evidence. Just saying they did is not evidence. Did they also PROVE that Iraq had WMD's show the receipts.


    Trump ABSOLUTELY championed the birther nonsense as LOUDLY as anyone, and you'll never hear me say otherwise, but he didn't start the fire, just fanned the hell out of it.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    19,763
    BTW just to be clear on Russia Hacking our voting booths, Obama era people even said they didn't actually hack our machines.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...nton/95329212/
    Federal officials, including Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson and FBI Director James Comey, have said that the decentralized nature of voting systems across the U.S. poses a difficult target for hackers.

    "In our judgment, it would be very difficult to alter a ballot count in any one place and have a significant consequence,'' Johnson

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,407
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    BTW just to be clear on Russia Hacking our voting booths, Obama era people even said they didn't actually hack our machines.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...nton/95329212/
    They just accessed our voting rolls in order to more effectively market to people on social media. No biggie

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    81,696
    And it took how long to get an admission that even that happened? Who knows what else is being suppressed?

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    23,144
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    1. They also said they're were WMD's in Iraq, if they say the DNC was hacked (btw the DNC won't hand over their servers to have the looked at by the FBI) then they can produce the evidence of the hacking. The last time we took **** at face value from US intelligence, we wound up in Iraq.

    2. So they were being proactive? So what? So was the Ukraine and likely a bunch of other countries too. if they didn't accomplish anything why punish them.

    3. Your talking about levying PERMANENT sanctions against a foreign entity, based on hearsay that agencies like the CIA and FBI refuse to back with evidence. These

    4. If we can't show TANGIBLE damage, why should we Tangibly damage another countries economy.
    1). Actually many of our intelligence agencies disputed that there were WMD's in Iraq, the President at the time took only those that said there was (or could be) and used that as justification. I suggest you read the book "Fiasco" by Thomas Ricks. If anything the Iraq War and the WMD lies are further proof we shouldn't trust a President trying to push an agenda (like Trump is with no Russian interference).

    2). You can't use hearsay to contradict my claims and then drop this massive speculation. Do you have any evidence that Ukraine or literally any other country did anything to our elections?

    3). I am talking about levying sanctions on a foreign entity that we KNOW hacked our voting machines, we KNOW created fake social media accounts for the express purpose of influencing our election, and we are being told by every intelligence agency in the US that they hacked the DNC. Even just the first two is a direct attack on our sovereignty and the integrity of our elections and would deserve sanctions.

    4). Because again, that's not how information warfare works. But at this point it seems like your mind is made up on this issue, which ironically is the tangible proof that Russian bots affected the election, because they seem to have worked on you.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    36,809
    Hilarious how many people still crying about Russian sponsored Facebook ads and Twitterbots. Will likely be latched on to for years by certain people.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    81,696
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Hilarious how many people still crying about Russian sponsored Facebook ads and Twitterbots. Will likely be latched on to for years by certain people.
    That is but one example of how they intervened. Itís easy to prove, point out, and tell you itís 100% illegal. There are others but if you want one thatís a concrete example of Russian intervention and disinformation, well bam.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    23,144
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Hilarious how many people still crying about Russian sponsored Facebook ads and Twitterbots. Will likely be latched on to for years by certain people.
    What a cryptic remark. Care to elaborate or would that destroy your point?

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    81,696
    So letís say that you donít buy Trump and his team working with the Russians. This is understandable since we donít have all the facts and nothing concrete. Itís been undoubtedly proven that Russia did act against us. This Mueller indictment seems to be an imperative for enacting sanctions ASAP.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •