Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Exactly. A moment of silence for the many people so effected by this horrible caricature. May their hurt feelings fully heal and they return to living their lives free of being tormented by this cartoon drawing.
    And the sword cuts both ways, including those who are so angry and offended that the logo was removed. So I guess we need a moment of silence for you, too.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    And, come on, the "sack up" thing is a little juvenile, no?
    No. This is the unfortunate result of venturing down this rabbit hole. What well-adjusted grown man gets his feelings hurt over a cartoon? I'll answer my own question. They don't.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    And the sword cuts both ways, including those who are so angry and offended that the logo was removed. So I guess we need a moment of silence for you, too.
    No one cares that the logo was removed, for the one millionth time. I and others only care that the culture in America is shifting to one where these thin-skinned, mentally weak adults think that it's the responsibility of others to accommodate them when their feelings get hurt or that their feelings even matter. If the Cleveland Indians want to change their logo, more power to them, but don't do it because of bunch of ******* cried over it.

What ever happened to men being men? What happened to the days when you disagreed with someone or something and you just said, "you know what, **** that guy" and you just went on living your life? Well-adjusted adults don't get their feelings hurt over a cartoon. This isn't about a logo to me, it's about telling adults, grown *** adults, to stop thinking anyone owes them a damn thing and to act like grown *** adults.

No. This is the unfortunate result of venturing down this rabbit hole. What well-adjusted grown man gets his feelings hurt over a cartoon? I'll answer my own question. They don't.
    Ok, thats an interesting point. What about children then. They are generally neither well-adjusted, or grown.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

No one cares that the logo was removed, for the one millionth time. I and others only care that the culture in America is shifting to one where these thin-skinned, mentally weak adults think that it's the responsibility of others to accommodate them when their feelings get hurt or that their feelings even matter. If the Cleveland Indians want to change their logo, more power to them, but don't do it because of bunch of ******* cried over it.

What ever happened to men being men? What happened to the days when you disagreed with someone or something and you just said, "you know what, **** that guy" and you just went on living your life? Well-adjusted adults don't get their feelings hurt over a cartoon. This isn't about a logo to me, it's about telling adults, grown *** adults, to stop thinking anyone owes them a damn thing and to act like grown *** adults.
    How is that any different than those of us who think its a good thing the logo is being removed. In both cases its not actually about the logo, its about a difference in values. You might not see it as a positive when people move to treat others with more respect but that says plenty more about you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Went to Lids and bought one of the last Chief Wahoo hats.
    Checking my privilege one hat at a time.

No one cares that the logo was removed, for the one millionth time. I and others only care that the culture in America is shifting...

And when was that exactly -- the good old days, when men were men? Back when women were disenfranchised? When all them blacks knew their place or risk getting lynched? When indians (those that were alive) were secured on their reservations, or when Japanese were in concentration camps; homosexuals, communists, and athiests were blacklisted, migrant Mexicans picked fruit and lettuce, and only white male property owners could vote?

You, yourself said this is about cultural values, not the logo per se. Could it be that those on the other side of the issue understand as well that it is about cultural values and not the cartoon itself? Sorry, if those values are different from yours.

Here's an idea: Why don't you take some of your own advice (I think you call it "sacking up"), say what you want about those with whom you disagree -- 'you know what **** that guy' -- and go "on living your life"?

If by Native Americans you mean white people who are 1/100th Cherokee.
    If by white people you mean people who are not white but native american and you can clearly tell that then yes.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    And when was that exactly -- the good old days, when men were men? Back when women were disenfranchised? When all them blacks knew their place or risk getting lynched? When indians (those that were alive) were secured on their reservations, or when Japanese were in concentration camps; homosexuals, communists, and athiests were blacklisted, migrant Mexicans picked fruit and lettuce, and only white male property owners could vote?

You, yourself said this is about cultural values, not the logo per se. Could it be that those on the other side of the issue understand as well that it is about cultural values and not the cartoon itself? Sorry, if those values are different from yours.

Here's an idea: Why don't you take some of your own advice (I think you call it "sacking up"), say what you want about those with whom you disagree -- 'you know what **** that guy' -- and go "on living your life"?
    Great post. great post.

I don't get these old people. its like ya'll forget what country we live in. Lets be honest, america is built on protesting, standing up for ourselves etc... I mean white people are here in america because we protested lmao! people have protested everything in this country. get use to it.

Well said

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Question to the pro wahoo folks... Are their symbols that we shouldn't accept? I mean besides a swastika? I'm just curious if there is any symbol that you would deam unacceptible?

If you want something more concrete... how bout this one.
    http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...o_3547540b.jpg

You'd think that was something from parks and rec. But no it's real https://img.huffingtonpost.com/asset..._720_noupscale
    Last edited by flips333; 02-04-2018 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

This should be moved to off topic thread. It has devolved into a 4-5 person debate that has long since quit being about baseball.

You’re the one making a mountain out of a molehill and you’re the one vehemently saying how thin skinned everybody is.

You’re the only one that’s thin skinned, it’s a ****ing logo. Why are you so upset about it? You spend more time ******** on those who want change then those people spend on actually trying to get change.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast