Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 27 of 206 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 405 of 3079
  1. #391
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    A little place called Aspen
    Posts
    7,523
    Still all bad.

  2. #392
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,935
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Don't want to jump to conclusions, but this Foster situation sounds like a possible break up situation where she refused to leave and he went the wrong way about getting her out (threw her belongings outside then dragged her out).
    I could care less about the "assault weapons" charge. That rifle is legal in like 48 states and it's disputable whether or not it's illegal in California. It's not explicitly named on the list of illegal firearms in the law. If he didn't hurt his girlfriend and just picked her up and put her outside, I don't really care about that either. He needs to be smarter though.
    Last edited by Lakers211221; 02-13-2018 at 11:29 AM.

  3. #393
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    11,927
    I "assume" if he got arrested for domestic violence, he left some time of marks on his gf then. There had to be evidence for the officers to arrest him.

  4. #394
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    SSF, Ca
    Posts
    611
    That gun is illegal in california

  5. #395
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Emmaus, PA
    Posts
    27,117
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    I "assume" if he got arrested for domestic violence, he left some time of marks on his gf then. There had to be evidence for the officers to arrest him.
    I would assume there were some kind of marks, but if it was something major I have a feeling they wouldn't be doing the "gathering information" thing, it'd be more cut and dry. You can be brought in for some pretty minor bruising.

    It's still a crap situation.

  6. #396
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Emmaus, PA
    Posts
    27,117
    A statement from Los Gatos-Monte Sereno police says officers were dispatched around 9:15 a.m. Sunday to a home on Shannon Road for a welfare check and to respond to a possible disturbance. Foster was eventually arrested without incident.

    Police did not release any additional details, but sources familiar with the investigation say the victim told officers that she and Foster were arguing and that he threw her belongings onto a front walkway and balcony. At some point, she said he physically dragged her in an apparent attempt to remove her from the home, sources said.

    According to an archived police dispatch radio recording of the 911 call, “the RP (reporting party) advises there should be at least two AR-15 weapons in the house.”

    Both that statement and the domestic-violence allegation would provide cause for police to search for and remove any firearms from the home. It was apparently during that search that officers found the allegedly illegal rifle.
    So, between the gun and "accusations", he was jailed. Legal system is so bad. He was booked on suspicion of DV as well, so sounds like her injuries could be minor.
    Last edited by RedandGold_35; 02-13-2018 at 12:30 PM.

  7. #397
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,926
    In reality, the gun charge could be heftier than the domestic violence charge. Possession of an illegal gun carries a 4 year sentence when a felony domestic violence carries a year. If the injuries are minor, such as just pushing her down to the ground, then that would be a misdemeanor. Either way, the possession of the assault rifle is a felony no matter how you look at it.

  8. #398
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Emmaus, PA
    Posts
    27,117
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    In reality, the gun charge could be heftier than the domestic violence charge. Possession of an illegal gun carries a 4 year sentence when a felony domestic violence carries a year. If the injuries are minor, such as just pushing her down to the ground, then that would be a misdemeanor. Either way, the possession of the assault rifle is a felony no matter how you look at it.
    Aldon had the same issue didn't he? I think the murky nature of its classification might make it hard to pin down.

  9. #399
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    30,102
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    I "assume" if he got arrested for domestic violence, he left some time of marks on his gf then. There had to be evidence for the officers to arrest him.
    Not necessarily. If someone claims domestic violence and police are called, both parties have to be taken in.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  10. #400
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,214
    E. Sanders is reportedly on the trade block. I think he would be an ideal fit in this system.

  11. #401
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    30,102
    Quote Originally Posted by J_mitch View Post
    E. Sanders is reportedly on the trade block. I think he would be an ideal fit in this system.
    No thanks/
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  12. #402
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,935
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    I "assume" if he got arrested for domestic violence, he left some time of marks on his gf then. There had to be evidence for the officers to arrest him.
    That's not necessarily true. Someone can be arrested for assault for almost any physical touching whether it leaves a Mark or not. Generally, if the police receive a domestic violence call, someone is going to jail.

  13. #403
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,926
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Aldon had the same issue didn't he? I think the murky nature of its classification might make it hard to pin down.
    Aldon did have the same issue and the police recovered three assault rifles from Smith's residence. The prosecuting DA, because of who Smith was, offered to lower the gun charges to a misdemeanor if Smith withdrew his "not guilty" plea to a guilty plea, which he did and was sentenced to a slap on the wrist which was 11 days in a work program, 235 hours of community service and $3000 in fines. That may or may not happen to Foster. If it does, then it would suck for him and the NFL. It will make these athletes feel even more untouchable than they already are.

  14. #404
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,935
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeWalker View Post
    That gun is illegal in california
    The rifle in question is not listed among the rifles named in the legislation. It might fall under a "catch all" provision of the law that bans rifles capable of having certain accessories, but it isn't cut and dry.

  15. #405
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Emmaus, PA
    Posts
    27,117
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    Aldon did have the same issue and the police recovered three assault rifles from Smith's residence. The prosecuting DA, because of who Smith was, offered to lower the gun charges to a misdemeanor if Smith withdrew his "not guilty" plea to a guilty plea, which he did and was sentenced to a slap on the wrist which was 11 days in a work program, 235 hours of community service and $3000 in fines. That may or may not happen to Foster. If it does, then it would suck for him and the NFL. It will make these athletes feel even more untouchable than they already are.
    It is unfortunate, but it is a harsh reality of the court system.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •