Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 198 of 206 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 3079
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    Ward will get hurt, as will Armstead. Sherman won't be himself, and I'm guessing Moore is the outside CB. He's not too far off from Spoon, so I expect the same rookie learning curve for Moore.

The internal development of Buckner and Thomas will be better, and I'm guessing the secondary will be better which may lead to coverage sacks.

The oline is better. McGlinchey isn't better than Trent Brown, but in the long term he'll be a better fit. McKinnon isn't better than Hyde, but he's a better fit. Last year, McKinnon was better on grass and on the road than at home, which bodes well for us, but he was much better in the first half of the season than the second half. He's just not an every down back and as the season wears down as will he.
    Yeah, but you're a pessimist.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

Ward will get hurt, as will Armstead. Sherman won't be himself, and I'm guessing Moore is the outside CB. He's not too far off from Spoon, so I expect the same rookie learning curve for Moore.

The internal development of Buckner and Thomas will be better, and I'm guessing the secondary will be better which may lead to coverage sacks.

The oline is better. McGlinchey isn't better than Trent Brown, but in the long term he'll be a better fit. McKinnon isn't better than Hyde, but he's a better fit. Last year, McKinnon was better on grass and on the road than at home, which bodes well for us, but he was much better in the first half of the season than the second half. He's just not an every down back and as the season wears down as will he.
    As things stand right now, Ward is really the primary backup for all positions, so perhaps injury will not occur. As for Sherman, I think that he will be fine. He's reportedly ahead of schedule and he's never been a guy to rely on explosive athleticism to begin with. He's succeeded because of instinct, intelligence, and size, none of which should be impacted by the injury.

I agree with your assessment of Buckner said Thomas improving internally, and the offensive line improvements.

I agree with your assessment on McKinnon also, but I don't think that the plan is to use him exclusively like we did with Gore/Hyde. I think that Shanahan is looking for more of what he did in Atlanta with Freeman and Coleman, and McKinnon will play the Freeman role while Breida/Williams will play the Coleman role. If Williams can get his act together, he's actually very similar to Coleman...at least he was in college.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    As things stand right now, Ward is really the primary backup for all positions, so perhaps injury will not occur. As for Sherman, I think that he will be fine. He's reportedly ahead of schedule and he's never been a guy to rely on explosive athleticism to begin with. He's succeeded because of instinct, intelligence, and size, none of which should be impacted by the injury.

I agree with your assessment of Buckner said Thomas improving internally, and the offensive line improvements.

I agree with your assessment on McKinnon also, but I don't think that the plan is to use him exclusively like we did with Gore/Hyde. I think that Shanahan is looking for more of what he did in Atlanta with Freeman and Coleman, and McKinnon will play the Freeman role while Breida/Williams will play the Coleman role. If Williams can get his act together, he's actually very similar to Coleman...at least he was in college.
    I believe Shanny himself actually compared Williams to Coleman.

''Sig by Johnle''

Foster's ex confirmed she'll testify that she lied about the DV on Thursday. DDA still going forward.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Foster's ex confirmed she'll testify that she lied about the DV on Thursday. DDA still going forward.
    Still going forward? Interesting.

That is so freaking strange. Wtf is going on
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Feels like a DA who wants to make a name for themselves
    Yea, I'm getting that same feeling. Either they have something or its going to blow up in their face.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    That is so freaking strange. Wtf is going on

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Yeah, but you're a pessimist.

I suggest you look up its definition.

You are confusing objectivity with pessimism. Or maybe you need to re-read the post in which I said the Oline will be better, McKinnon is a better fit, and the secondary will be better.
    2009-2014. 3 World Series Championships, 2 Stanley Cup Championships, 2 NBA Championships, and a Super Bowl Appearance. 3 No-Hitters, 1 Perfect Game, 3 NFC Title Games, Jim Harbaugh, Bruce Bochy, Phil Jackson, Daryl Sutter.

PRESENT: Lakers #2 draft pick (New GM, New President), Giants #2 draft pick (somebody better get fired), 49ers #2 draft pick (New Coach, New GM), LA Kings #11 draft pick (New Coach, New GM)

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post

I think that is the main agenda in Northern Calfornia. Make a name, get promoted, or move onto better things. Having gone through a similar process (not domestic violence or anything criminal, but the judicial system), I can assure you it's a charade.

Santa Clara PD does it all the time with 49ers, it gets them headlines.

I doubt anyone has done the study about the DWB effect. African Americans are more likely to be stopped, harassed by the police department, and so how much of this can be attributed to that. (when I say this, I mean in general across the decade of 49ers involved with legal issues).

I say this because Klay Thompson's father Mychal was once pulled over for simply driving his car. The officer wasn't used to a black man driving a nice car. He tells this story on ESPN radio in LA, and it's normal. He was a Laker at the time of this, and it still prevails today. Probably a topic that's just too polarizing to discuss.
    2009-2014. 3 World Series Championships, 2 Stanley Cup Championships, 2 NBA Championships, and a Super Bowl Appearance. 3 No-Hitters, 1 Perfect Game, 3 NFC Title Games, Jim Harbaugh, Bruce Bochy, Phil Jackson, Daryl Sutter.

PRESENT: Lakers #2 draft pick (New GM, New President), Giants #2 draft pick (somebody better get fired), 49ers #2 draft pick (New Coach, New GM), LA Kings #11 draft pick (New Coach, New GM)

You are confusing objectivity with pessimism. Or maybe you need to re-read the post in which I said the Oline will be better, McKinnon is a better fit, and the secondary will be better.
    In fairness, as a frequent visitor and occasional poster in this forum, I would have characterized you as a pessimist as well prior to the JG trade. Since then, I feel youíve definitely been more objective.
    "There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.Ē

- Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    In fairness, as a frequent visitor and occasional poster in this forum, I would have characterized you as a pessimist as well prior to the JG trade. Since then, I feel youíve definitely been more objective.

Again you would be inaccurate in your assessment based on the simple fact that you fail to grasp the concept of pessimism.

Pessimism would be to say they'll compete for the first pick in the draft THIS YEAR. (2018).

Last year they were 1-10 and were competing with cleveland, until Jimmy G changed things. Had Jimmy G not returned, do they win any of those games? Doubt it. (sans NY Giants, maybe one other).

Once again, that's an objective assessment of where they were.

Again you would be inaccurate in your assessment based on the simple fact that you fail to grasp the concept of pessimism.

Pessimism would be to say they'll compete for the first pick in the draft THIS YEAR. (2018).

Last year they were 1-10 and were competing with cleveland, until Jimmy G changed things. Had Jimmy G not returned, do they win any of those games? Doubt it. (sans NY Giants, maybe one other).

Once again, that's an objective assessment of where they were.
    Iím not going to argue semantics other than to say objectivity is not the equal opposite nor the exact same as either pessimism or optimism. What you seem to be using as an example seems pretty subjective though.

I will simply say that your idea of being objective generally seemed to be on the pessimistic side to me before we nabbed Jimmy G.

Meaning, while just about every other poster in here was - not in hindsight, but at the time - objectively evaluating the teamís record and the closeness of the games they were playing, I seem to remember you being quite negative (and subjectively so) regarding the teamís record, Kyle Shanahan, and your perception of the teamís direction.

That may have been your best shot at objectivity, it was just incredibly pessimistic and one sided IMO.

I was only saying I do think youíve been more objective as of late - as evidenced by the post in reference.
    Last edited by GibbyIsMyHero; 05-16-2018 at 07:44 PM.

They were 1-10, and among the worst teams in football. That wasn't pessimism, those were the facts.

Optimism, hey we are going to win a superbowl

Pessimism, we are the worst team in the league

Objective, we've made modest improvements, plus internal developments, means probably 9-10 wins this year and in the mix for the wild card.

It's been my experience that "objectivity" is a common reasoning pessimists use to explain away their pessimism. And being a pessimist doesn't mean you can't have hope. And, most importantly, it was a joke.