Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 106 of 209 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 3133
    Not gonna dig up old posts, but I was probably the biggest Richburg supporter in here prior to FA lol.

Iíd be surprised if he isnít the starting C. He was one of the best Cís in the league when he was healthy. Kilgore is cheap enough to keep around as a backup there and at G, if he canít win a starting guard spot and we could move on next year if necessary. Iím guessing weíll add an early draft pick to compete with Kilgore, Tomlinson, and Garnett for the two guard spots. Iím really hoping Garnett can secure one of those spots, after transitioning his body to fit this scheme.

As far as the rest of FA, Iím a little disappointed we didnít get A-Rob but not surprised. Shanny and Garoppolo both seem to elevate the talent theyíre given. I also think Shanny is higher on Kendrick Bourne than many around here. Heís a great route runner and I could see him viewing Bourne as an eventual successor to Garcon. I also have all the trust in the world in Shanny, he knows what his offense needs. At RB, Lewis would be ok but I think Iíd rather pair Breida with a rookie.

Iím guessing weíll just be looking for some depth now, maybe another CB(Shead), and a veteran LB.

''Sig by Johnle''

Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    Not gonna dig up old posts, but I was probably the biggest Richburg supporter in here prior to FA lol.

Iíd be surprised if he isnít the starting C. He was one of the best Cís in the league when he was healthy. Kilgore is cheap enough to keep around as a backup there and at G, if he canít win a starting guard spot and we could move on next year if necessary. Iím guessing weíll add an early draft pick to compete with Kilgore, Tomlinson, and Garnett for the two guard spots. Iím really hoping Garnett can secure one of those spots, after transitioning his body to fit this scheme.

As far as the rest of FA, Iím a little disappointed we didnít get A-Rob but not surprised. Shanny and Garoppolo both seem to elevate the talent theyíre given. I also think Shanny is higher on Kendrick Bourne than many around here. Heís a great route runner and I could see him viewing Bourne as an eventual successor to Garcon. I also have all the trust in the world in Shanny, he knows what his offense needs. At RB, Lewis would be ok but I think Iíd rather pair Breida with a rookie.

Iím guessing weíll just be looking for some depth now, maybe another CB(Shead), and a veteran LB.
    Agree with all of this...including your love for Richburg.

it doesnít make sense to put Richburg at guard. Kilgore will have to beat him to keep the starting center position.

Quote Originally Posted by D1JM View Post
    it doesnít make sense to put Richburg at guard. Kilgore will have to beat him to keep the starting center position.
    Richburg is capable of playing guard, but I would play him at center.

Malcolm Butler getting five year $61 million ($12.2 mil per year) from Titans. Sherman's deal looking better by the day.

Richburg was one of the best Cís in the league when healthy, it wouldnít make much sense to target him as a guard imo. Donít forget that Shanny quickly targeted Alex Mack when he got to Atlanta, he relies a lot on his Cís when it comes to protections. Kilgore can compete at guard, and if he doesnít win out, he can backup all 3 interior OL spots. Also, donít forget that Lynch & co. Extended Kerley early in the offseason before cutting him later on. It almost seems as if Kilgore was extended, just in case we couldnít acquire an upgrade in FA or the draft.

''Sig by Johnle''

Trumaine Johnson getting 15M per from the Jets

Trumaine Johnson to the Jets for $15mil/year.... wow
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = Rebuild Mode! Love my fellow Faithful
    Warriors = 2015 & 2017 NBA CHAMPIONS!
    A's = The young talent is here!
    WINNING!

Quote Originally Posted by J_mitch View Post
    6 catches a game is 96 catches in a year. so great WR only get about 6 catches a game. Im on your side the NFL is so backwards on the value of WR vs. RB to me. Also im glad we extended Goodwin if he would have had a good year and hit the market next year he would have been about 9-10mil a year at the rate these WR are being signed
    Part of it is that the value difference between the 10th best RB and the 30th best RB is smaller in real results than the 10th WR to the 30th WR. Because of that serviceable WRs are harder to find that serviceable RBs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    No to Ridley.
    I know everybody including me wants the big body WR but I donít get the hate of Ridley he is easily the best WR in the draft. The down side to big WRís is they have to make a lot of shield catches because they are easier to cover. I donít see any of the big body WR in this draft able to become Kevin Benjamin or Mike Evans. Maybe Simmie Cobbs. But those guys are often forced the ball because they are so heavily covered. If a WR is only good inside the 10 yard line then he isnít really a good WR. We have to get to the 10 yard line first and WRís that get open will move the chains.

Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    Richburg was one of the best Cís in the league when healthy, it wouldnít make much sense to target him as a guard imo. Donít forget that Shanny quickly targeted Alex Mack when he got to Atlanta, he relies a lot on his Cís when it comes to protections. Kilgore can compete at guard, and if he doesnít win out, he can backup all 3 interior OL spots. Also, donít forget that Lynch & co. Extended Kerley early in the offseason before cutting him later on. It almost seems as if Kilgore was extended, just in case we couldnít acquire an upgrade in FA or the draft.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Part of it is that the value difference between the 10th best RB and the 30th best RB is smaller in real results than the 10th WR to the 30th WR. Because of that serviceable WRs are harder to find that serviceable RBs.
    I get that but Bell canít get a decent deal but Sammy Watkins who had like 500 yard last year and only one 1000 yard season just got 16mil per year. Thatís insane to me. I just think if you are more valuable to your team you should get more. I guess teams figure itís harder to find a good WR than a RB so you pay more to a harder position to scout

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Richburg is capable of playing guard, but I would play him at center.
    ďI don't expect them to sign Weston to the money that they did and then not put him at his best position, which is center."

I wonder how much they paid him. By the way Schwartz put it, it seems like a lot

ďI don't expect them to sign Weston to the money that they did and then not put him at his best position, which is center."

I wonder how much they paid him. By the way Schwartz put it, it seems like a lot
    Weston graded out with a 87.2 in 2015 at C, 82 at G in 2016, this year was a little down for him but he wasnít bad and was much better than Kilgore. Heís only 26 so he is just entering his prime as a C. I would guess around 8-9mil a year

He was the best center on the market. He was probably paid accordingly. Probably around $8 million per year would be my guess.