Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 97 of 209 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 3133
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    David Lombardi(The Athletic), reporting that we’re one of ten teams interested in Trent Murphy. He’s coming off an injury and I believe was suspended for PED’s in the past. But, in 2016 pff had him recording an 81.7 overall grade and 55 total pressures. He’s played as a 3-4 LB his whole career, so he’d likely play the SAM, while sliding to DE in nickel. Not a huge fan of his, but I wouldn’t be totally against it if he comes cheap.
    Is it harder for a rusher to adjust from a 3-4 to a 4-3 or going from a 4-3 to a 3-4?

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    I promise you that if we were going to go after a "splash player" in free agency, John Lynch wouldn't tell the media the day that they are allowed to agree to terms.
    Why? Disinformation is the name of the game this time of year. And how do you think he defines "splash player" ... my guess is most former players don't see offensive linemen as "splashy".

I think Shynch are not intending to set any records, but they will pay for the players who are worth it in their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by D1JM View Post
    Is it harder for a rusher to adjust from a 3-4 to a 4-3 or going from a 4-3 to a 3-4?
    4-3 to a 3-4 I think. If they are a traditional rush end moving to a 3-4 end where they are occupying blockers and pushing the blocking scheme the jobs are wildly different. If they are a wide end rusher moving to rush linebacker that's not quite so different, but they will end up covering pass routes more often and end up playing in more space in the 3-4.

But ... it's not a HUGE difference and smart players should be able to handle it as long as they are physically capable of the new role regardless of the switch.

It's not really about it being hard. Some players are a better fit for one scheme or another. Some fit in both.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    4-3 to a 3-4 I think. If they are a traditional rush end moving to a 3-4 end where they are occupying blockers and pushing the blocking scheme the jobs are wildly different. If they are a wide end rusher moving to rush linebacker that's not quite so different, but they will end up covering pass routes more often and end up playing in more space in the 3-4.

But ... it's not a HUGE difference and smart players should be able to handle it as long as they are physically capable of the new role regardless of the switch.
    I think this happened to Quinn who was on the rams

It's not really about it being hard. Some players are a better fit for one scheme or another. Some fit in both.
    U think tucker can transition to a 4-3?

U think tucker can transition to a 4-3?
    Who is Tucker?

Who is Tucker?
    Lol I meant Trent Murphy. Idk why my phone autocorrected to tucker

WHY HASN'T ANYTHING HAPPENED YET!?!?!?!?!

Sorry

Not gonna lie, I expected many more deals to be done today.

''Sig by Johnle''

Lol I meant Trent Murphy. Idk why my phone autocorrected to tucker
    Yes, I think Trent Murphy can play DE in a 4-3. However, I'm not sure how much of an upgrade he would be to Casius Marsh. He only has one season out of three where he got 4 or more sacks.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    WHY HASN'T ANYTHING HAPPENED YET!?!?!?!?!

Sorry
    We got a punter!

We got a punter!
    That's not even a real thing

We got a punter!
    We don't even need the punter we already have. We have Jimmy Garoppolo. We don't punt.

North Jersey's Art Stapleton reports free agent OG Andrew Norwell has narrowed his three finalists to the Giants, 49ers, and Colts.

One league source reportedly told Stapleton the Giants are "all-in" on Norwell. The All-Pro guard has been linked to the Giants all offseason, but it appears the cap-flush 49ers are making one last push. The top available guard on the market, Norwell would immediately help a Giants offensive line with numerous needs.
    Well that's some news. I have a feeling he goes to the Giants and we were just price bait.