Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 211 of 215 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 3220
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Tomlinson signed to 3 year extension. Worth "up to" 18M with 10 guaranteed. His 5th year option would have been 9M alone.
    I'm good with this signing. He played decent and seems like he fits our scheme. Smart move.

Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    Not bad, heís being paid like an average starting guard, which is what he is imo. Not a bad thing, he should do fine with Staley and Richburg flanking him.
    Yeah. He would be the 24th highest paid guard in the league if the numbers reported are accurate. However, the "up to" language used implies incentives and means that it's likely a better deal than that.

I wonder how far in to camp the OG decision will be made? We'll know as soon as they jump on some other team's cut or trade a conditional draft pick for another team's struggling OG.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I wonder how far in to camp the OG decision will be made? We'll know as soon as they jump on some other team's cut or trade a conditional draft pick for another team's struggling OG.
    Starting LG has already been determined (Laken Tomlinson). Starting RG will play out into the preseason with Cooper and Garnett as the favorites. I think that Person and Magnuson are competing for backup center/guard.

I think Garnett will ultimately get cut or traded. Cooper has a lot of similar traits to Tomlinson, which Shanny clearly likes, Person has played for Shanny in ATL and has played G and C, and Magnuson can play anywhere on the line. Hopefully Garnett can play well enough in the preseason to either challenge Cooper for the starting spot or allow us to net a late pick or a depth player from another team.

Totally off-the-wall thing ... I kind of want the RBs to make the roster to be Jerick, Joe, Jeremy, Jeffery, and Juice.

Quote Originally Posted by NinerNole View Post
    Why pay 9 million when there are many FA or just could have drafted some one late? It's foolish because this guy has a history of being injured.
    Again, it didnt prevent us from doing any of that if we wanted to.

Totally off-the-wall thing ... I kind of want the RBs to make the roster to be Jerick, Joe, Jeremy, Jeffery, and Juice.
    Iím not sure I see a scenario where Mcnichols or Jeffery make the roster over Mostert. Heís one of our top STís guys and is a solid receiving back. The only guy I could see sneaking in is Williams, and he has a ton of work to do.

''Sig by Johnle''

McKinnon and Juszczyk are locks to make the roster. Brieda isn't a lock, but is a near lock to make it. There will be 1-2 additional RBs to make the team with Mostert and Williams leading the way. If Williams makes the team, then McNichols and Wilson are competing for a spot on the practice squad. I can't see any scenario where all three of Williams, McNichols, and Wilson make the roster.

Iím not sure I see a scenario where Mcnichols or Jeffery make the roster over Mostert. Heís one of our top STís guys and is a solid receiving back. The only guy I could see sneaking in is Williams, and he has a ton of work to do.
    It was mostly a joke that I like the idea of all of them being J names. Though I do like the guys behind Williams.

I assume the best players make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    McKinnon and Juszczyk are locks to make the roster. Brieda isn't a lock, but is a near lock to make it. There will be 1-2 additional RBs to make the team with Mostert and Williams leading the way. If Williams makes the team, then McNichols and Wilson are competing for a spot on the practice squad. I can't see any scenario where all three of Williams, McNichols, and Wilson make the roster.
    Breida is a lock imo. I also think Mostert and Williams are battling for one spot, and Mostert has the leg up because of STís.

''Sig by Johnle''

Breida is a lock imo. I also think Mostert and Williams are battling for one spot, and Mostert has the leg up because of STís.
    If they are battling for one spot, I agree with you. However, if Williams shows potential, they'll keep him on the 53 and Mostert will still have the chance to make it based on special teams alone.

Mostert could make the team on ST and they could keep 4 other RBs I suppose. Still, much like WR (no bigger WR) ... it looks like the team isn't even interested in having a big RB banger as a change of pace.

Laken Tomlinson's cap hits:

2018: $2.85 million
    2019: $3.75 million
    2020: $5.25 million
    2021: $6.25 million

2018 was also reworked, so we're looking at a four year $18.1 year deal ($4.5 mil per year). It shouldn't be difficult to get out of the deal after 2019 if he doesn't perform.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Laken Tomlinson's cap hits:

2018: $2.85 million
    2019: $3.75 million
    2020: $5.25 million
    2021: $6.25 million

2018 was also reworked, so we're looking at a four year $18.1 year deal ($4.5 mil per year). It shouldn't be difficult to get out of the deal after 2019 if he doesn't perform.
    Another day, another great deal by Paarag.