Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Ortiz will someone get in easily very early on imo. Sad bc Edgar is the much better player, as was Manny BY FAR. But somehow Ortiz gets a free pass on being a douche bag and his PED use.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Yep. No reason you put Ortiz in but canít put in Manny, Clemens, Bonds, Sosa, Sheffield, etc. If he does get in then holy **** thatíll be a travesty on the part of the writers.

I still donít get what these voters base their votes off of, I donít think Bonds ever actually tested positive but Ortiz did so how would you put Ortiz in the Hall but not Bonds? of course, Iím speaking incredibly prematurely as of now but still, if you can put Ivan Rodriguez, Piazza, and Bagwell In despite the unsubstantiated claims, why are allegations weighing guys down now?

Pettitte should also get into the HOF imo. At least with him, he admitted using HGH to recover from injury but still, itís a slippery slope. I donít know if a writer would vote in favor or against him but regardless, if Ortiz gets in, you have to induct like 15 other guys right next to him IMO.

Somewhat straying off my original point, some people say Bonds/Clemens were the GOATs before steroid usage and became otherworldly afterwards but whoís to say their careers wouldnít have taken a complete nosedive in terms of numbers or injuries if they hadnít allegedly taken steroids? Roids typically prolong and improve careers but thereís no way to really measure what degree

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Normally I would agree. (I still think Piazza should have gone in as a Dodger) but the fact that the Expos arenít a team makes me understand it a little more. Youíre going to want your legacy to live on, not die in obscurity with a franchise that isnít even around.

At least Vlad put up good numbers with the Angels. Itís not a travesty per say.
    Reggie Jackson played longer with the A's, had better numbers with the A's, and won more championships with the A's.

... but went in as a Yankee.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    Yeah, at first I thought it was dumb that he was not going in as an Expo but I pretty much agree with all of this.
    Gee guys, if only baseball had a place they could devote to keeping the legacy of its great players from being forgotten

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Gee guys, if only baseball had a place they could devote to keeping the legacy of its great players from being forgotten

Not that it matters all that much to me but I still would have like to see him go in an Expo. I just agree that itís not a huge travesty going in as an Angel.

I know he played for several teams, and was a halo for a good long time. When I think Guerrerro I still only see that ugly *** expo jersey. I am aware my Canadian bias is showing but it's true, for me, nonetheless

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Let the record show that I am Canadian as well.

Get out Meg!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf-d7WRe5ZI

I somehow forgot Vlad played that many seasons in Anaheim. He will forever be an Expo to me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

My brother is a Canadian Citizen. Go figure.

I honestly would've been shocked if Vlad wore an Expos hat. I would've liked to see it but fully understand why it didn't happen.

Yep, he better not try and sneak back in to Canada ever again because we will be watching

Yep, he better not try and sneak back in to Canada ever again because we will be watching

We'll hold onto his son though.

Quote Originally Posted by Crucis View Post
    Parity is about equality of opportunity, not equality of results.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Another misinformed fan.
    Dismissive short sentence.

Canadian PSD is ruthless

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast