Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The farm had its run, we are at a point where I wish we could removed DD and hire BC. Tell Cherington sit FA out focus on extensions and the farm
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

Jalen Beeks is putting together a really nice season. He has a 2.74 era and a 13.3 K/9 over 9 starts in AAA. Not sure if or when heíll get his shot with us having 5 healthy starters plus Wright/Velazquez/Johnson.

An under the radar guy I like is Kyle Hart. Heís currently in AA, in his third professional season. He stands at 6í5Ē so he has a tall frame. Heís already 25 years old but has put up good stats each year. Sitting at a 3.22 era over 8 starts. Not a star, but I could see him as a back end starter. He doesnít throw hard but can get guys out.

Hart has some of the strangest splits that I've ever seen. 1.20ERA and 0.56GO/AO at home vs 7.36ERA and 1.31 GO/AO on the road. Reverse splits vs LHB and RHB from what you'd expect, too. At 6'5" and 170lbs, I'd assume that he makes Buchholz look pretty buff.

Ockimey continues to keep my interest.... very much a wait and see prospect as he goes
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

I never really caught the bug for Ockimey. He didn't really blow me away in G'ville. The fact that he's continued to draw a lot of walks in AA while hitting for both average and power is definitely intriguing though.

A few years ago, right-hander Michael Kopech was one of the top prospects in the entire Red Sox organization. His fastball was consistently close to 100 MPH and he was striking out hitters at a historic pace, but then in December of 2016 he was included in the trade with the White Sox for Chris Sale.

Last year, Kopech spent most of his time in Double-A before finishing the year in Triple-A. In 25 starts between the two teams, he went 9-8 with a 2.88 ERA, while striking out 172 batters in 134 1/3 innings and walked 65.

This year, and especially of late, it's been a tough go for the 22-year-old.

In his last start, Kopech went just three innings, allowed five runs on just two hits because he walked eight and hit two batters. Of his 86 pitches, he threw only 35 strikes. In his last 10 starts, he's thrown 47 1/3 innings and has an ERA of 6.08, while walking 37 and striking out 61.

For the year he's 2-5 with a 5.20 ERA in 13 starts. In 62 1/3 innings he's struck out 82 hitters, but has walked 42.

Kopech's biggest issue with the Red Sox was the number of walks he was allowing, but at the time of the trade to the White Sox it seemed like he was getting better. Clearly after two years in the White Sox organization it hasn't. It's even worse this year, as only half way through the season he's walked 42 hitters after walking 65 all of last year.

The other big piece in the trade -- Yoan Moncada -- is slashing .230/.304/.409 in 64 games in the big leagues this year.

While it is much too soon to judge the overall trade, things are looking pretty good for Dave Dombrowski and Co.
    weei.com

Not tons to be excited about in the farm system these days. Yesterday was one of the rarer days when a few of the bright spots shone at the same time.

-- Portland starter Mike Shawaryn was knocked around for three runs in the third inning. He would take the loss, bringing his record to 4-7 with a 3.65 ERA. Even with the loss, Shawaryn tied his season-high with eight strikeouts.

-- The Sea Dogs mustered only five hits, two of which came off the bat of catcher Austin Rei and another two from the first baseman Josh Ockimey.

-- Third baseman Michael Chavis went 0-for-4 in the contest; heís now 0-for-8 with five strikeouts in his two games with Portland.

-- Salem starter Darwinzon Hernandez took a no-hitter into the sixth inning, while walking five and striking out a career-high 10 batters.

-- Shortstop C.J. Chatham led the Red Sox with three hits while also recording an RBI. Chathamís batting average was raised to .316.
    weei.com

More bad health news for Red Sox top prospects: 3B Danny Diaz, who had 6 HRs in the DSL through July 2, had surgery to repair a broken hamate today. SS Antoni Flores, who hasnít played since mid-June, is expected back in a few weeks.
    Source: Alex Speier

Dalbec is finally looking good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12