Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
    On the subject of Lange, not that he's been DOMINANT per say, but he's fared quite well in A+, wonder when we'll see him in AA.

2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    On the subject of Lange, not that he's been DOMINANT per say, but he's fared quite well in A+, wonder when we'll see him in AA.
    I'd give him Chatwoods next start.

The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS

#15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'd give him Chatwoods next start.
    Do you miss John Lackey yet

Sadly, I'd go pick him up at the airport personally.

The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS

#15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

Also Matt Swarmer's Monday start was another good one.

6 IP, 2 hits, 5 Ks, 0 BBs, 0 ER. He might be 25 by the time he makes the big league roster but you can't argue with the numbers he's posted when he's been healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    It seems like he’s going to be our consensus #1 prospect t by the end of the year.
    But will he be a top 100? This farm system needs to turn it around.

In truth, he was much better than Chatwood.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sadly, I'd go pick him up at the airport personally.
    What are you waiting for?

Go. NOW!

#FlyTheW
    2016 World Series Champions!!!

South Bend Cubs‏
    Verified account
    @SBCubs
    21s21 seconds ago
    Nico Hoerner is 2-2 with a pair of singles! Cubs trail 1-0 in the bottom of the 3rd, but have the tying run on base.

Considering the reaction he got when he was picked, I'd say so far so good, yeah? If nothing less, he's not some bust out of the woodworks. I know everyone is gonna say it, but yeah, have to look forward to seeing how he does as he continues into the higher levels of the system.

South Bend Cubs‏
    Verified account
    @SBCubs
    21s21 seconds ago
    Nico Hoerner is 2-2 with a pair of singles! Cubs trail 1-0 in the bottom of the 3rd, but have the tying run on base.

Considering the reaction he got when he was picked, I'd say so far so good, yeah? If nothing less, he's not some bust out of the woodworks. I know everyone is gonna say it, but yeah, have to look forward to seeing how he does as he continues into the higher levels of the system.
    I watched him a lot since he was a PAC 12 player. If he develops some pop he’s gonna be real ****ing good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://twitter.com/sr_cubs/status/1...211561984?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I pretty much believe if you have bat speed, then you have power. It's just a matter of adjusting your swing plane. I believe this dude has a lot of potential to produce XBH and put a lot of balls in play. His speed makes him extra interesting.

From the early clips I've seen looks like the Cubs were more dead on about his athleticism then the general consensus.

South Bend Cubs‏
    Verified account
    @SBCubs
    21s21 seconds ago

Not to downplay that in the least, because hey, going 2-2 is awesome and much, much preferred than, say, 0-2, but I'm not very much worried about his bat-to-ball skills, especially at South Bend. Where I'm more interested in seeing him, is if he can 1) stick at SS (as there were a few scouting reports that wondered about that), 2) if his speed really is elite (reports have been as high as 70 on him, while others were lower), and 3) if he can show power. If you get that, you might have a really wonderful player on your hands.

I'm definitely happy at the start, so again ZERO downplay, but I'd really hope he'd show good bat-to-ball at that level.

I'm hoping he's as good as many seem to think he is. I was critical of the pick on draft day more so than others, but the team has a wonderful track record, especially with bats, so it's hard not to be confident with their ability to see things.
    We're From Philadelphia

We. Fight.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Not to downplay that in the least, because hey, going 2-2 is awesome and much, much preferred than, say, 0-2, but I'm not very much worried about his bat-to-ball skills, especially at South Bend. Where I'm more interested in seeing him, is if he can 1) stick at SS (as there were a few scouting reports that wondered about that), 2) if his speed really is elite (reports have been as high as 70 on him, while others were lower), and 3) if he can show power. If you get that, you might have a really wonderful player on your hands.

I'm definitely happy at the start, so again ZERO downplay, but I'd really hope he'd show good bat-to-ball at that level.

I'm hoping he's as good as many seem to think he is. I was critical of the pick on draft day more so than others, but the team has a wonderful track record, especially with bats, so it's hard not to be confident with their ability to see things.
    It's fair. I had similar thoughts for sure, but I mean, at least it's not something where the FO just completely bombed the pick. They seem to have correctly identified an elite trait (the afforementioned bat to ball skills). Obviously it indicates very little in terms of how the rest of his game will translate to later systems. Just think it's nice to see some early positive signs.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast