Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 270
  1. #226
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    21,413
    On the subject of Lange, not that he's been DOMINANT per say, but he's fared quite well in A+, wonder when we'll see him in AA.

    2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs

  2. #227
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    71,144
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    On the subject of Lange, not that he's been DOMINANT per say, but he's fared quite well in A+, wonder when we'll see him in AA.
    I'd give him Chatwoods next start.

    The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS


    #15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

  3. #228
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    21,413
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'd give him Chatwoods next start.
    Do you miss John Lackey yet

    2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs

  4. #229
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    71,144
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Do you miss John Lackey yet
    Sadly, I'd go pick him up at the airport personally.

    The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS


    #15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

  5. #230
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    21,413
    Also Matt Swarmer's Monday start was another good one.

    6 IP, 2 hits, 5 Ks, 0 BBs, 0 ER. He might be 25 by the time he makes the big league roster but you can't argue with the numbers he's posted when he's been healthy.

    2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs

  6. #231
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,840
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    It seems like he’s going to be our consensus #1 prospect t by the end of the year.
    But will he be a top 100? This farm system needs to turn it around.

  7. #232
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,840
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Do you miss John Lackey yet
    In truth, he was much better than Chatwood.

  8. #233
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    17,669
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sadly, I'd go pick him up at the airport personally.
    What are you waiting for?

    Go. NOW!

    #FlyTheW
    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  9. #234
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    21,413
    South Bend Cubs‏
    Verified account
    @SBCubs
    21s21 seconds ago
    Nico Hoerner is 2-2 with a pair of singles! Cubs trail 1-0 in the bottom of the 3rd, but have the tying run on base.

    Considering the reaction he got when he was picked, I'd say so far so good, yeah? If nothing less, he's not some bust out of the woodworks. I know everyone is gonna say it, but yeah, have to look forward to seeing how he does as he continues into the higher levels of the system.

    2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs

  10. #235
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    23,842
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    South Bend Cubs‏
    Verified account
    @SBCubs
    21s21 seconds ago
    Nico Hoerner is 2-2 with a pair of singles! Cubs trail 1-0 in the bottom of the 3rd, but have the tying run on base.

    Considering the reaction he got when he was picked, I'd say so far so good, yeah? If nothing less, he's not some bust out of the woodworks. I know everyone is gonna say it, but yeah, have to look forward to seeing how he does as he continues into the higher levels of the system.
    I watched him a lot since he was a PAC 12 player. If he develops some pop he’s gonna be real ****ing good.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #236
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    4,621
    https://twitter.com/sr_cubs/status/1...211561984?s=21


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #237
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    41,183
    I pretty much believe if you have bat speed, then you have power. It's just a matter of adjusting your swing plane. I believe this dude has a lot of potential to produce XBH and put a lot of balls in play. His speed makes him extra interesting.

  13. #238
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Lenox
    Posts
    24,413
    From the early clips I've seen looks like the Cubs were more dead on about his athleticism then the general consensus.

  14. #239
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    51,914
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    South Bend Cubs‏
    Verified account
    @SBCubs
    21s21 seconds ago
    Nico Hoerner is 2-2 with a pair of singles! Cubs trail 1-0 in the bottom of the 3rd, but have the tying run on base.

    Considering the reaction he got when he was picked, I'd say so far so good, yeah? If nothing less, he's not some bust out of the woodworks. I know everyone is gonna say it, but yeah, have to look forward to seeing how he does as he continues into the higher levels of the system.
    Not to downplay that in the least, because hey, going 2-2 is awesome and much, much preferred than, say, 0-2, but I'm not very much worried about his bat-to-ball skills, especially at South Bend. Where I'm more interested in seeing him, is if he can 1) stick at SS (as there were a few scouting reports that wondered about that), 2) if his speed really is elite (reports have been as high as 70 on him, while others were lower), and 3) if he can show power. If you get that, you might have a really wonderful player on your hands.

    I'm definitely happy at the start, so again ZERO downplay, but I'd really hope he'd show good bat-to-ball at that level.

    I'm hoping he's as good as many seem to think he is. I was critical of the pick on draft day more so than others, but the team has a wonderful track record, especially with bats, so it's hard not to be confident with their ability to see things.
    We're From Philadelphia


    We. Fight.

  15. #240
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    21,413
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Not to downplay that in the least, because hey, going 2-2 is awesome and much, much preferred than, say, 0-2, but I'm not very much worried about his bat-to-ball skills, especially at South Bend. Where I'm more interested in seeing him, is if he can 1) stick at SS (as there were a few scouting reports that wondered about that), 2) if his speed really is elite (reports have been as high as 70 on him, while others were lower), and 3) if he can show power. If you get that, you might have a really wonderful player on your hands.

    I'm definitely happy at the start, so again ZERO downplay, but I'd really hope he'd show good bat-to-ball at that level.

    I'm hoping he's as good as many seem to think he is. I was critical of the pick on draft day more so than others, but the team has a wonderful track record, especially with bats, so it's hard not to be confident with their ability to see things.
    It's fair. I had similar thoughts for sure, but I mean, at least it's not something where the FO just completely bombed the pick. They seem to have correctly identified an elite trait (the afforementioned bat to ball skills). Obviously it indicates very little in terms of how the rest of his game will translate to later systems. Just think it's nice to see some early positive signs.

    2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •