Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233
    Quote Originally Posted by montybeasty View Post
    I hope we sign Kyle fuller.
    Since we are as close to the best in the league as we are right now... I'd be all for going heavy in the trade/free agent market...

That being said, I'd rather we trade for Marcus Peters... Maybe Wayne's, treadwill and a second gets that done...

Sign McCarron to 10 million for a couple years, and go after players Earl Thomas and go hard at David erving from Dallas at DT...

The rest of the draft, which would be 1st, 3rd, 5th and 6th round go heavy OL and TE and filler on both sides of the ball, maybe even a kicker... If the team stays healthy and aggressive this would be a tough match.

Defense:

Griffen. Erving. Joseph. Hunter

Gideon. Kendricks. Barr.

Peters/Alexander Rhodes.

Thomas. Smith.

I'd put that up against ANY of the best defenses of all time...

Sign Newman for another year, sendejo goes to all servicing backup safety in case of injuries... Let TBowers eat as rotation. On DE and let the kids we drafted from Iowa last year get in in the middle.. we could do SOOOOOOOOO much more in coverage by hiding our coverages even more than we do... We could play a mean press on the corners... And let both of our safeties loose... It's almost scary...I think we'd set records for sacks... Mostly because the offense would have less than five seconds to find the rarely open guy in coverage... SCARY..

ERVING is a bit of a pipe dream due to being a RFA, but I believe we could find a good options or two decent options to fill in for a budget...

Quote Originally Posted by akytola View Post
    Since we are as close to the best in the league as we are right now... I'd be all for going heavy in the trade/free agent market...

That being said, I'd rather we trade for Marcus Peters... Maybe Wayne's, treadwill and a second gets that done...

Sign McCarron to 10 million for a couple years, and go after players Earl Thomas and go hard at David erving from Dallas at DT...

The rest of the draft, which would be 1st, 3rd, 5th and 6th round go heavy OL and TE and filler on both sides of the ball, maybe even a kicker... If the team stays healthy and aggressive this would be a tough match.

Defense:

Gideon. Kendricks. Barr.

Peters/Alexander Rhodes.

Thomas. Smith.

Sign Newman for another year, sendejo goes to all servicing backup safety in case of injuries... Let TBowers eat as rotation. On DE and let the kids we drafted from Iowa last year get in in the middle.. we could do SOOOOOOOOO much more in coverage by hiding our coverages even more than we do... We could play a mean press on the corners... And let both of our safeties loose... It's almost scary...I think we'd set records for sacks... Mostly because the offense would have less than five seconds to find the rarely open guy in coverage... SCARY..

ERVING is a bit of a pipe dream due to being a RFA, but I believe we could find a good options or two decent options to fill in for a budget...
    Darren Wolfson already shot down a Peters trade idea. He said the Vikings didnít like Peters predraft and doesnít expect them to be interested now.

I would also rather sign Richardson than lose a draft pick for Irving.
    2017 Vikings Draft :
    41: Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
    70: Pat Elflein C Ohio State
    109: Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa
    120: Ben Gedeon LB Michigan
    170: Rodney Adams WR South Florida
    180: Danny Isidora G Miami
    201: Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
    219: Stacy Coley WR Miami
    220: Ifeadi Odenigbo DE Northwestern
    232: Elijah Lee LB Kansas State
    245: Jack Tocho CB N.C. State

#Faith

To be honest, I wouldnít mind resigning Bradford on a team friendly deal. The reason I say that is we have Diggs, Bar and Kendrickís all coming up for new contracts, plus we need to fill holes we have too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MagicMark247 View Post
    To be honest, I wouldnít mind resigning Bradford on a team friendly deal. The reason I say that is we have Diggs, Bar and Kendrickís all coming up for new contracts, plus we need to fill holes we have too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's going to be interesting to see what the market even is for Sam. The guy has averaged over 14mil per season since Oklahoma. Does someone like the Browns or Jets offer him an 8 figure salary to start while a draft pick gets a year or two under their belt? Does he accept a likely backup role for 5mil?

Actually, the amount all 3 of our QBs ultimately get is quite interesting....and maybe the reverse of their perceived talent levels coming into last season.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Defense:

Gideon. Kendricks. Barr.

Peters/Alexander Rhodes.

Thomas. Smith.

No to AJ, god no. Even though that contract isn't bad but I think he gets much more than that. While we need some pieces on defense, defense just is not a big need. I could care less if we are #1, as long as we are top 10 we will be in all games. If anything I think OL (outside of QB) is our #1 priority. I think we need to sign a guy like Norwell (perhaps no because of fit) or Justin Pugh, who could be much cheaper.

I can see a team like Arizona paying Bradford to be a starter while they groom a rookie. Bradford would likely fetch us a decent compensatory pick. If Keenum leaves he would also get us a good compensatory pick.
    2017 Vikings Draft :

#Faith

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    No to AJ, god no. Even though that contract isn't bad but I think he gets much more than that. While we need some pieces on defense, defense just is not a big need. I could care less if we are #1, as long as we are top 10 we will be in all games. If anything I think OL (outside of QB) is our #1 priority. I think we need to sign a guy like Norwell (perhaps no because of fit) or Justin Pugh, who could be much cheaper.
    The player I truly want in free agency is Earl Thomas.. after him... The rest could be had in the draft... I understand we can stand pat on defense... But I don't see us doing that. Make a huge splash move in free agency and watch them but heads...

The player I truly want in free agency is Earl Thomas.. after him... The rest could be had in the draft... I understand we can stand pat on defense... But I don't see us doing that. Make a huge splash move in free agency and watch them but heads...
    Earl Thomas isn't a FA until 2019. Plus he basically came out and said he wants to be a Cowboy.
    2017 Vikings Draft :

#Faith

This is what I want to see happen this off-season:

Resign Teddy
    Sign McCown to be the back up
    Release Latavius Murray and sign Dion Lewis (back up RB and kick returner)
    Sign Sheldon Richardson
    Resign Terence Newman
    Resign Marcus Sherels
    Sign Graham Gano
    Draft DE Arden Key in the 1st round
    Draft G Isaiah Wynn in the 2nd round
    2017 Vikings Draft :

#Faith

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    This is what I want to see happen this off-season:

Resign Teddy
    Sign McCown to be the back up
    Release Latavius Murray and sign Dion Lewis (back up RB and kick returner)
    Sign Sheldon Richardson
    Resign Terence Newman
    Resign Marcus Sherels
    Sign Graham Gano
    Draft DE Arden Key in the 1st round
    Draft G Isaiah Wynn in the 2nd round

thought that was 'it' not 'you' but oh well

With the Jets rumored to be ready to throw stupid money at Cousins (in an exaggerated front loaded Garappolo contract) we certainly don't need to be going that route

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    With the Jets rumored to be ready to throw stupid money at Cousins (in an exaggerated front loaded Garappolo contract) we certainly don't need to be going that route
    It would be hard to pass on that much money. We'll see if he is truly in it for the money or not.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    The media is just trying to fill space at this point.....none of them know anything, none of them have heard anything..... Right?

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    AJ appears to be Ponder 2.0 to me, so I completely agree. Give me Case or even Teddy all day over him.

Earl Thomas isnít a free agent and we arenít trading for marcus peters lol. At this point do you even want that head case on this close knit team? I am all for shaking things up a little bit however, because I think that there are some upgrades we can make. One of them is Barr, as you all know Iím not the biggest fan of his. I think it would benefit us to shop him this offseason because he isnít going to be worth paying 10+ mil annually on his next deal. I think we could easily upgrade on him with a playmaker through the draft. I also think another guy we need to upgrade on is my boy Tom Johnson. Loved what he contributed to this team for the last few years but a guy like Sheldon Richardson would be a major upgrade to this team, he and the big goon would eat in the middle. Pair that duo up front and replace Barr with a playmaking linebacker would be ideal in my opinion.

On offense i think we still need to keep improving on the offensive line but love our 2 additions from last free agency. Reiff and Remmers are both really solid players. We shouldnít be splashing in free agency on the o-line, guys like Norwell donít really
    make much sense to me. Use the draft and maybe a 2nd wave of free agency guy to address that, i havenít really looked much into the draft or free agency names to be quite honest but iíll have some guys in mind later down the road.

Should be a fun and interesting offseason. Canít believe we have 3 QBs that played for us last year that will potentially be starting on new teams next year.

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233