Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 124 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 1923
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Since OL is the hot topic right now. Have we talked about Colby Gossett much? Now I know he is a 6th round pick so much should not be expected from him but it sounds like an NFL analyst likes him. When you look at his draft profile stacks up and what I love the most is he started 46 straight games. He also ranked right up there in the bench press with everyone in the combine.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ations-in-2018
    Well that would be wonderful iím just not banking on it. I like that thereís a lot of draft analysts and scouts that have good things to say about a bunch of our draft picks. At first I thought I was the only one that loved our draft. Also watch out for Josh Andrews, iíve seen 2 interviews with Spielman already where he mentioned him as a guy they like. Defillipo has seen him a bunch. Heís going to be in the competition for a starting guard spot with Easton, Isidora, Compton, Gossett. I really think our best bet is to let those 4 guys compete for 2 spots and play Remmers at Right Tackle. I just donít trust Hill much over there. That is unless OíNeil is ready to step in and start at RT. That would be the ideal situation.
    Last edited by nasthemasta; 05-11-2018 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    Well that would be wonderful iím just not banking on it. I like that thereís a lot of draft analysts and scouts that have good things to say about a bunch of our draft picks. At first I thought I was the only one that loved our draft.
    I agree with you. He wouldn't have been a 6th round pick.
    Take your pants off

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    I agree with you. He wouldn't have been a 6th round pick.
    Most had him as a 4th or 5th round guy and you have to wonder if not playing in Div 1 may have hurt him. But, let's hope he can develop and be the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    Well that would be wonderful iím just not banking on it. I like that thereís a lot of draft analysts and scouts that have good things to say about a bunch of our draft picks. At first I thought I was the only one that loved our draft. Also watch out for Josh Andrews, iíve seen 2 interviews with Spielman already where he mentioned him as a guy they like. Defillipo has seen him a bunch. Heís going to be in the competition for a starting guard spot with Easton, Isidora, Compton, Gossett. I really think our best bet is to let those 4 guys compete for 2 spots and play Remmers at Right Tackle. I just donít trust Hill much over there. That is unless OíNeil is ready to step in and start at RT. That would be the ideal situation.
    So it looks like Andrews didn't even play last year or was on a roster? Interesting....but what I do know is that there is going to be some good battles.

The more you look at his draft the more you really like the high potential it has. 2-3 years down the road we could be lauding this as one of those drafts that set us up to be successful still.

Most had him as a 4th or 5th round guy and you have to wonder if not playing in Div 1 may have hurt him. But, let's hope he can develop and be the guy.
    I guess also a lot of players fall that shouldn't have. Like Akrum Wadley... a second rounder that went undrafted.
    Take your pants off

I guess also a lot of players fall that shouldn't have. Like Akrum Wadley... a second rounder that went undrafted.
    Akrum has talent for sure but being as he is likely not an every down back 2nd round is way too high to grade him. I though 5th round was appropriate and I was surprised he did not get drafted.

I am betting a lot of solid OL get cut when that time comes, and I hope we can get some solid OL help. I think for the past 4 or 5 years OL has been a weak spot for us. Thatís my 1 knock on Rick, he seems to want all is OL to be versatile and play multiple positions. The truth is there just isnít many really solid OL in the first place, let alone a guys that can play multiple positions.

I was pretty upset we didnít get Kelechi Osemele, but Iíve been pretty happy with Reiff thus far.

Akrum has talent for sure but being as he is likely not an every down back 2nd round is way too high to grade him. I though 5th round was appropriate and I was surprised he did not get drafted.
    I'm standing my ground on how I thought he was 2nd round talent! I felt like his only issues was him not being able to keep a weight. The Titans are darn lucky to have him. But from the sounds of it, we are pretty lucky too with our 3rd running back battle!
    Take your pants off

2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    the math is gonna get somebody at some point here....don't we have like 7 guys now that are either DT or NT? Along with 7 more that are DE....I know Zim likes to rotate but we ain't carrying 14 DL
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    the math is gonna get somebody at some point here....don't we have like 7 guys now that are either DT or NT? Along with 7 more that are DE....I know Zim likes to rotate but we ain't carrying 14 DL
    Reminds of the Datone Jones signing
    Take your pants off

Hey Paco he is a Linn Mar graduate

Hey Paco he is a Linn Mar graduate
    Interesting...I honestly have never heard of him before the last couple of weeks that we were linked to him. Funny that he is essentially in the same city.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Zim gonna carry 14 DL, 4 Lb'ers, 5 CB's, 2 Safetys lol

Reminds of the Datone Jones signing
    How so...