Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 66 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    once we sign Kirk, compensation picks come to DC
    We'll still get compensatory picks. Cousins and Bradford cancel out but Keenum will net a 3rd rounder. We won't be spending enough to off set that one. Once Teddy, Jet, and Tom Johnson sign we'll like get another. Reports say Jet is looking at 6-7 a year so that equals a 5th rounder. I believe Teddy is going to get over 10 so that's another 3rd round pick. So seeing how we aren't like to sign anybody for over 10 million we should get 2 3rd round picks next year.

So I guess at the end of the day we can say we got Kirk Cousins and 2 late 3rd rounds picks for 86 million dollars lol
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

I put Cousins contract into the over the cap calculator and cut floyd's contract out and it has us at 23 mil this year and 45 next. Might gain a couple mil and keep Murray or sign a different RB cheaper as well (28/51 if we cut). Granted each year adds like 5 mil in draft too to account for but just giving an idea.

I feel like Diggs (17 mil) Hunter (11 mil) Kendricks (9 mil) should be extend for multiple years and I gave my guess at what the average numbers might be based off other contracts so far. Watkins just got 30 guaranteed and 48 mil for 3 years so Diggs will be expensive imo maybe moreso than I put even. I feel like we didn't really hurt the ability to sign these guys if we choose like I hope we do. In total with my numbers they are 37 mil a year combined and even if it was 40 we can make it work with some cuts like wright, Murray as noted etc.

Barr Waynes I see more as ?'s and I am not sure what we do. Waynes is likely dependent on if he takes another step, Barr might have a costly market imo.

Unfortunately I think we might be limited in who we can sign this year unless we do one year deals now. My guess is we frontload Kirk a little and leave more in the future for those extensions though and have to really bargain hunt. I want to sign a DT to pair with Linval if possible and add to the oline (I think might have to be draft moreso than FA here). We also are likely to get a slot CB it sounds like as well.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Free Agency QB prediction:
    Drew Brees: Saints
    Kirk Cousins: Vikings
    Case Keenum: Broncos
    AJ McCarron: Browns
    Teddy Bridgewater: Cardinals or Saints (backup)
    Sam Bradford: Cardinals or Ravens
    I missed on Teddy (though right about a backup role) and so far nothing on AJ.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Since Kirk's contract is all guaranteed I'm sure the Vikings will try to put as much as they can into the first year. I really want to see the details of the contract.
    Ya that was my guess as well. I was wondering if it went like 34, 25, 25 or something to account for those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I put Cousins contract into the over the cap calculator and cut floyd's contract out and it has us at 23 mil this year and 45 next. Might gain a couple mil and keep Murray or sign a different RB cheaper as well (28/51 if we cut). Granted each year adds like 5 mil in draft too to account for but just giving an idea.

I feel like Diggs (17 mil) Hunter (11 mil) Kendricks (9 mil) should be extend for multiple years and I gave my guess at what the average numbers might be based off other contracts so far. Watkins just got 30 guaranteed and 48 mil for 3 years so Diggs will be expensive imo maybe moreso than I put even. I feel like we didn't really hurt the ability to sign these guys if we choose like I hope we do. In total with my numbers they are 37 mil a year combined and even if it was 40 we can make it work with some cuts like wright, Murray as noted etc.

Barr Waynes I see more as ?'s and I am not sure what we do. Waynes is likely dependent on if he takes another step, Barr might have a costly market imo.

Unfortunately I think we might be limited in who we can sign this year unless we do one year deals now. My guess is we frontload Kirk a little and leave more in the future for those extensions though and have to really bargain hunt. I want to sign a DT to pair with Linval if possible and add to the oline (I think might have to be draft moreso than FA here). We also are likely to get a slot CB it sounds like as well.
    Since Kirk's contract is all guaranteed I'm sure the Vikings will try to put as much as they can into the first year. I really want to see the details of the contract.
    2018 Vikings Draft :

so the Bills were a playoff team last year........who's their starter in 2018? McCarron?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I would love to find a way and still get Sheldon Richardson but that seems so tough cap wise now

I would love to find a way and still get Sheldon Richardson but that seems so tough cap wise now
    Unless his market is bare, which I doubt, or heís forced to sign a 1 year deal like Wilkerson did. Chances are slim but if we could snag him I would so fired up lol
    2018 Vikings Draft :

Given that they have plenty of guys to resign I am all in on the idea of drafting a TE this year in round 1-3. A guy like Gesicki or Goedert or Hurst could be instant impact guys in the next year or two. That gives us the ability to push Rudolph for a restructure or trade/release.

As much as I really do like Rudolph he doesn't do anything that isn't irreplaceable and I do think he is overpaid. He is not a very good blocker even with his size and as many years in the league. With his injuries he has noticeably lost half a step and his YAC is not existent. Does he make the catches you expect a big *** tight end to make, yes he does. Does he do anything beyond that.... sadly no. Blake Bell, David Mogan, and one of these dynamic TEs should be fine.

I know some would disagree but I think him and Sendejo are both easily replaceable.
    Last edited by El Jorge 69; 03-13-2018 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    so the Bills were a playoff team last year........who's their starter in 2018? McCarron?
    PETERMAN!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    Given that they have plenty of guys to resign I am all in on the idea of drafting a TE this year in round 1-3. A guy like Gesicki or Goedert or Hurst could be instant impact guys in the next year or two. That gives us the ability to push Rudolph for a restructure or trade/release.

As much as I really do like Rudolph he doesn't do anything that isn't irreplaceable and I do think he is overpaid. He is not a very good blocker even with his size and as many years in the league. With his injuries he has noticeably lost half a step and his YAC is not existent. Does he make the catches you expect a big *** tight end to make, yes he does. Does he do anything beyond that.... sadly no. Blake Bell, David Mogan, and one of these dynamic TEs should be fine.

I know some would disagree but I think him and Sendejo are both easily replaceable.
    I think letting Barr walk and finding Rudolph's replacement by next year are good ways to make space. I'm not overly high on Rudolph either and am thinking with Cousins we may want something a little better. Add in a cheaper Latavious or replacement backup RB and that should be enough to keep pretty much everything else. Looking at over the cap makes me think it might be a little tougher than that actually so maybe sendejo would be next option (or Jarius maybe?).

Basically we will need to be very smart with our money and keep hitting on draft picks. We really need to get value every draft these next few years, luckily we have proven pretty good at that with Zimmer/Rick.
    Last edited by mngopher35; 03-13-2018 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Unless his market is bare, which I doubt, or heís forced to sign a 1 year deal like Wilkerson did. Chances are slim but if we could snag him I would so fired up lol
    Ya I was thinking one year like Wilkerson when I asked haha. I would love it so much and he has a shot at a ring and tons of 1v1's here to capitalize on for a new contract.

I think letting Barr walk and finding Rudolph's replacement by next year are good ways to make space. I'm not overly high on Rudolph either and am thinking with Cousins we may want something a little better. Add in a cheaper Latavious or replacement backup RB and that should be enough to keep pretty much everything else. Looking at over the cap makes me think it might be a little tougher than that actually so maybe sendejo would be next option (or Jarius maybe?).

Basically we will need to be very smart with our money and keep hitting on draft picks. We really need to get value every draft these next few years, luckily we have proven pretty good at that with Zimmer/Rick.
    Sendejo has a rather modest contract for a Safety and he played really well last year. Though his cap number goes up to $5.5 for the 2019 season with $0 dead money so if he under performs he could get cut. I thought Anthony Harris filled in nicely so he could get his shot.

Ya I was thinking one year like Wilkerson when I asked haha. I would love it so much and he has a shot at a ring and tons of 1v1's here to capitalize on for a new contract.
    I bet someone gives him a multi year deal but maybe teams focus on Suh more. Iím not sure what our space will be but 1 year 10-12 million? Hard to say no to that.
    2018 Vikings Draft :

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post

Sendejo has a rather modest contract for a Safety and he played really well last year. Though his cap number goes up to $5.5 for the 2019 season with $0 dead money so if he under performs he could get cut. I thought Anthony Harris filled in nicely so he could get his shot.
    Agreed I like sendejo at his price he would just be a possible casualty of things get a little to tight to the cap.

Murray, Barr and Rudolph are the ones I think are expendable to an extent (needing replacements but hopefully can be done cheaper). Hopefully that's all we gotta let go.