Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 70 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    I don't know why I look at mock drafts. The people who make hardly know anything. Like this Evan Silvia character from Rotoworld. He thinks the biggest biggest need a pass rusher and doesn't even oline as a need. Where do these sites find these jokes?
    I know what you mean. A few days ago Walter Football had us taking a center in one of the middle rounds because Joe Berger retiring left us without a center. lol

Looks like it's changed now but the point still stands.

Either way, I can't avoid it. I need football in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    I would not be happy with that one.
    I actually would be ok with it. I like Ragnow and Bryan is an incredible athlete. I like Hines and Cappa. Don't know much about the rest but I did read Lasley could be a big time sleeper.
    Last edited by vikingsfan0845; 04-13-2018 at 04:58 PM.
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

I don't know why I look at mock drafts. The people who make hardly know anything. Like this Evan Silvia character from Rotoworld. He thinks the biggest biggest need a pass rusher and doesn't even oline as a need. Where do these sites find these jokes?
    I only look at mocks from guys I think are good. Bucky Brooks or Daniel Jeremiah are good examples. I like Brugler as well. Brugler actually takes into consideration things like team needs or who they had in for visits. He actually used Frank Ragnow as an example because the Vikings need OL help and they brought him in for a visit.

Silva is pretty bad. I agree pass rush is one of our top needs but to completely ignore OL is by far the dumbest thing I've read all off season. OL is by far and away our top need.
    2018 Vikings Draft :

I know what you mean. A few days ago Walter Football had us taking a center in one of the middle rounds because Joe Berger retiring left us without a center. lol

Looks like it's changed now but the point still stands.

Either way, I can't avoid it. I need football in my life.
    Walterfootball is the absolute worst. I've read most of their "sources" are just made up. I stopped reading them a long time ago.
    2018 Vikings Draft :

I've seen Mocks with us taking WR saying we lack playmakers for cousins.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I only look at mocks from guys I think are good. Bucky Brooks or Daniel Jeremiah are good examples. I like Brugler as well. Brugler actually takes into consideration things like team needs or who they had in for visits. He actually used Frank Ragnow as an example because the Vikings need OL help and they brought him in for a visit.

Silva is pretty bad. I agree pass rush is one of our top needs but to completely ignore OL is by far the dumbest thing I've read all off season. OL is by far and away our top need.
    Read the article too and he was clearly clueless..... funny thing is his mock...
    1. G Will Hernandez, UTEP which would be a solid pick.....

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    I've seen Mocks with us taking WR saying we lack playmakers for cousins.
    If Ridley or Moore are there at 30, do we consider it?
    I'm hoping they're not because that's 2 more teams not taking a position we SHOULD look at....
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    If Ridley or Moore are there at 30, do we consider it?
    I'm hoping they're not because that's 2 more teams not taking a position we SHOULD look at....
    Ridley yes.
    Take your pants off

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Dane Brugler posted a 7 round mock draft. Vikings are below:

30. Minnesota Vikings: Taven Bryan, DT, Florida (6-5, 291, 4.98)
    Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer covets up-field players who can create disruption, and Bryan has the potential to be wreck a lot of NFL backfields.

62. Minnesota Vikings: Frank Ragnow, OG/C, Arkansas (6-5, 312, 5.01)

94. Minnesota Vikings: Nyheim Hines, RB, NC State (5-8, 198, 4.38)

167. Minnesota Vikings: Alex Cappa, OT/G, Humboldt State (6-6, 305, 5.35)

204. Minnesota Vikings: Quin Blanding, S, Virginia (6-2, 207, 4.63)

213. Minnesota Vikings: Davontae Harris, CB, Illinois State (5-11, 205, 4.43)

218. Minnesota Vikings: Jordan Lasley, WR, UCLA (6-1, 203, 4.50)

225. Minnesota Vikings: Troy Fumagalli, TE, Wisconsin (6-5, 247, 4.80)

http://nfldraftscout.com/brugler-7round-mock-nfl-draft/
    I would not be happy with that one.
    Honestly I would like this draft a lot. Not sure about taking RB in the 3rd but the other 3 picks in the top 4 would be good picks.

Has anyone seen any chatter lately on players visiting with the Vikings. I haven't heard or seen any reports really at all since the top 30 event. Twitter shows about 20 players a day visiting other teams but I don't see the Vikes pop up and I know in the past there are usually 2-3 guys that they meet with 1-2 more times in this last 10 days to 2 weeks leading up before the draft. To me maybe it signals they won't be picking anyone in Round 1 so there is no need or they REALLY don't want to tip their hat.

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    Has anyone seen any chatter lately on players visiting with the Vikings. I haven't heard or seen any reports really at all since the top 30 event. Twitter shows about 20 players a day visiting other teams but I don't see the Vikes pop up and I know in the past there are usually 2-3 guys that they meet with 1-2 more times in this last 10 days to 2 weeks leading up before the draft. To me maybe it signals they won't be picking anyone in Round 1 so there is no need or they REALLY don't want to tip their hat.
    Oh you know how it goes...the good ole Rick smoke screen. Too early to tell if we will be picking in the 1st as guys drop. But I expect a team picking early in the 2nd to give us a good offer mainly so they can have that 5th year option. So if there is not a guy we are in love with we will move back.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Oh you know how it goes...the good ole Rick smoke screen. Too early to tell if we will be picking in the 1st as guys drop. But I expect a team picking early in the 2nd to give us a good offer mainly so they can have that 5th year option. So if there is not a guy we are in love with we will move back.
    Well yeah that's kind of part of it... Typically he plays the smokescreen game but man I don't even see smoke anywhere.

Who would be the best option for us in round 2, OG wise, if we skip that position in round 1? I'd like to see us find a suitable backup for Griffen in this draft as he could definitely need a few more spells so he isn't bogging down in the 2nd half of the season. (I know his foot was hurt, but the more DL rotations we can get, the better)
    Catch 22: run or pass, you're screwed either way!

Quote Originally Posted by niftynation11 View Post
    Who would be the best option for us in round 2, OG wise, if we skip that position in round 1? I'd like to see us find a suitable backup for Griffen in this draft as he could definitely need a few more spells so he isn't bogging down in the 2nd half of the season. (I know his foot was hurt, but the more DL rotations we can get, the better)
    Probably Ragnow. I've seen him going anywhere from early 2 to mid 3, so not sure if he'll be there though.

I've been falling more and more in love with Ragnow.

And just think what Zimmer could do with Bryan. Is he able to play linebacker or edge.
    Take your pants off

Page 28 of 70 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast