Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NYK2RIP View Post
    For anyone already giving up on Frank, here's 2 stat lines from 2 rookie seasons (at about the same age)....

Player A:
    GP GS MIN FGM FGA FG% 3PM 3PA 3P% FTM FTA FT% OFF DEF TRB AST STL BLK PF TOV PTS
    49 0 13.1 1.47 3.84 .383 0.20 0.86 .238 0.59 0.88 .674 0.10 1.12 1.22 1.90 0.35 0.00 1.10 1.24 3.73

Player B:
    GP GS MIN FGM FGA FG% 3PM 3PA 3P% FTM FTA FT% OFF DEF TRB AST STL BLK PF TOV PTS
    43 0 20.8 2.05 5.88 .348 0.58 1.88 .309 0.63 0.88 .711 0.37 1.98 2.35 3.51 1.12 0.21 2.47 1.91 5.30

Player B is Frank...

Player A is Dennis Schroder...
    Players A comes through the hawks system, which has made many players better than they were such as Carroll.

Player B is a knick. With a coach that talks out of both sides of his mouth. Hasn't proven to have developmental skills, and is in a regime that is raw

Not franks fault at all. But if he doesn't look like a number 8 pick now, and regresses any further.....

I believe he will eventually wind up with a coach like the Celtics or something which will develop him and we will only get a 2nd round draft choice for him. Ny fans always want to send players away very quickly. Regardless of what they say in this post. You even already hear it about kp. Smh

I hope I am wrong. I hope this environment doesn't eat up a 19 year old. From a different culture and overtly unsure of himself.
    I hope he decides to play HIS game. That's what is different about him and djs and Mitchell. They are playing THEIR game. Frank is respectfully trying to fit into system that morphs from quarter to quarter

I wonder if this is the time for Mark Jackson. He helped lay the foundation for the warriors

They should have never let Phil make that pick and then go in another direction with the philosophy

I bet Jeff will try to save his job before he cares to develop Frank
    Last edited by nicnac; 01-21-2018 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nicnac View Post
    Players A comes through the hawks system, which has made many players better than they were such as Carroll.

Player B is a knick. With a coach that talks out of both sides of his mouth. Hasn't proven to have developmental skills, and is in a regime that is raw

Not franks fault at all. But if he doesn't look like a number 8 pick now, and regresses any further.....

I believe he will eventually wind up with a coach like the Celtics or something which will develop him and we will only get a 2nd round draft choice for him. My fans always want to send players away very quickly. Regardless of what they see in this post. You even already hear it about kp. Smh

I hope I am wrong. I hope this environment doesn't eat up a 19 year old. From a different culture and overtly unsure of himself.
    I hope he decides to play HIS game. That's what is different about him and djs and Mitchell. They are playing THEIR game. Frank is respectfully trying to fit into system that morphs from quarter to quarter

I wonder if this is the time for Mark Jackson. He helped lay the foundation for the warriors

They should have never let Phil make that pick and then go in another direction with the philosophy

I bet Jeff will try to save his job before he cares to develop Frank
    Well then Jeff should be fired.

Comparing Frank to Mitchell isn’t fair. Mitchell is 2 years older. World of difference between 19 & 21 in terms of development.

Saying “Frank doesn’t look like a #8 pick now” is pointless. You don’t make that judgement call 3 months into a rookie’s career. It’s impatient and it’s how franchises **** up. Aka typical Knicks mismanagement.

We trade for Kemba, who’s about to get paid big time, and we’re suddenly on his timeline. We just got rid of Melo to get off of his timeline and start fresh. And some are ready to abandon that plan after 12 weeks? Knee jerk reaction, no patience... not this time.

Who are the Knicks signing in the next two offseasons with roughly 10 Mil in cap? That moves the needle and would come to ny. If you look at who is available, I just don’t see that guy. Unless you want to eat the Noah salary for five years if you stretch him or if you’re certain kanters opting out. I think there’s no way kanter opts out, 5 years paying for Noah is stupid, he at least could play 15 mins as a defensive backup a game for 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post

Comparing Frank to Mitchell isn’t fair. Mitchell is 2 years older. World of difference between 19 & 21 in terms of development.

Saying “Frank doesn’t look like a #8 pick now” is pointless. You don’t make that judgement call 3 months into a rookie’s career. It’s impatient and it’s how franchises **** up. Aka typical Knicks mismanagement.

We trade for Kemba, who’s about to get paid big time, and we’re suddenly on his timeline. We just got rid of Melo to get off of his timeline and start fresh. And some are ready to abandon that plan after 12 weeks? Knee jerk reaction, no patience... not this time.
    I am not saying that we should. I am saying that he is not untouchable either when we think of this organization and fan base. Of course, what I have introduced is our normal operandi. Hate to see it but this is an organizational problem. One that needs adressing during the off season. We need better direction in coaching and front office. Willy is losing value. Kp is idk yet, and our 19 y.o is under this intense micro scope. As a gm. I would have to explore what a walker can mean for the next 3 to 5 years.

Ok. Go back to the actual draft. We are at pick 8. Dsj, mitchel, Frank. And the Sacramento guard are on the board. I think kemba is coming off of an all star yr. I don't think you just ignore that possibility. So know the only thought is walker v Frank with fillers. May be. May be not. But it intrigues me despite our history bc a 27 year old guard is not old and we live in a guard driven era

I believe Hornets mentioned if they deal Walker. They wanna attach Batum contract with Walker. Also doubt they want Noah's dead weight deal in return. Hornets already said they want out of the tax for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post

Why can't 2 NBA rookies be Compared?

If Frank wasn't ready to play in the NBA he shouldn't have signed up for the Draft.
    Both guys have equal NBA experience and according to some Posters the French League is a better league than NCAA division 1 basketball. I agree that you shouldn't judge a player after a couple of months in the league. Imo Frank will be fine but if you're expecting him to one day be better than Mitchell I have a feeling you'll be waiting a long time.
    Last edited by SK6; 01-21-2018 at 07:01 PM.

How the hell did the Knicks lose to a undermanned lakers team? Wow

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by nysportsfan23 View Post
    How the hell did the Knicks lose to a undermanned lakers team? Wow
    They are soft.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Butler, Greek Freak, Brown

It took 3 years for them to develop all around games. Frank is in the same exact mold. We don't have Tatum or any of those guys. We have Frank. At some point we have to develop talent and stop expecting miracles. We are not different than any other team. But somehow our fans seem to think we're special and we can just skip steps. Yeah look how that's worked out for us in last 40 years.

Quote Originally Posted by nysportsfan23 View Post
    Who are the Knicks signing in the next two offseasons with roughly 10 Mil in cap? That moves the needle and would come to ny. If you look at who is available, I just don’t see that guy. Unless you want to eat the Noah salary for five years if you stretch him or if you’re certain kanters opting out. I think there’s no way kanter opts out, 5 years paying for Noah is stupid, he at least could play 15 mins as a defensive backup a game for 2 years.
    If you're talking free agents, I don't know about moving the needle, but I do like Jerami Grant as a player who still has some untapped potential, skills on both sides of the ball and fits the young core timeline....

https://youtu.be/viSmwpW2bkg
    Last edited by NYK2RIP; 01-21-2018 at 09:29 PM.

Look on line. I am sure you know how to Google. Dont read it then. It will die on its own. Hard to not be in control huh

There are many different players hypothesized. No different than any other rumor or "source". do your own homework.

"I can't tolerate seeing something I can't believe " " and I can't avoid looking at it" ohhhhh.... what a pain! What a pain!!
    Just good etiquette to post source article and link in first posting of thread. Otherwise it comes off as click bait.

Now onto more pressing matters.. The more I think about the roster and potentially the best comparable situation in the past.. I am onboard for the Knicks trading for Kemba as long as they are able to keep Frank and trade a 2019 1st as part of a package with a condition that if we don't resign Kemba, the pick converts to 2 2nd round picks. I'd even be willing to take Dwight off their hands in exchange for Kanter.

The Knicks are missing that 3rd part of a big 3. Kemba + Frank dynamic can be similar to the Teague + Schroeder dynamic in atl in that Kemba can be the guy until Frank is truly ready. They probably can play together in some lineup combinations as well. The way Frank has played to date leads me to believe he won't take a huge leap until year 3.

I have a ton more thoughts on this but I seriously think the Knicks can get a deal done utilizing Hernangomez or the 2019 1st with conditions. If we trade Willy, you can simply draft a comparable replacement in this year's draft. I just feel like Dwight will be a better presence in our front court and a major upgrade defensively over Kanter. Maybe we can somehow take on Batum to man the SF spot.

I just think there's a lot to like about dealing with Charlotte.

On an additional note. It is very difficult for the Knicks to pull off a trade with Charlotte. Charlotte has some of the worst contracts I've seen. Good lord it is bad. Basically the way the Knicks salaries are structured...

Kanter + O'Quinn + Baker = 26 million approximately.
    All 3 have player options so theoretically cap relief for Charlotte this upcoming summer or next.

The combination that you could get back would be Kidd Gilchrist + Kemba = 26 million.

There's no other combos you can make with them that allows us to take on Howard or Batum as both are making 20 million plus. The only way we can match salary is to add Noah which makes no sense for Charlotte unless we add Willy and that should be overkill.

So basically we could add a pick to that package but then you have to ask yourself... Is adding Kemba, MKG and Dwight or Batum move the needle enough for the Knicks... I don't think it does even if you subtract Dwight or Batum from the package.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Just good etiquette to post source article and link in first posting of thread. Otherwise it comes off as click bait.

Now onto more pressing matters.. The more I think about the roster and potentially the best comparable situation in the past.. I am onboard for the Knicks trading for Kemba as long as they are able to keep Frank and trade a 2019 1st as part of a package with a condition that if we don't resign Kemba, the pick converts to 2 2nd round picks. I'd even be willing to take Dwight off their hands in exchange for Kanter.

The Knicks are missing that 3rd part of a big 3. Kemba + Frank dynamic can be similar to the Teague + Schroeder dynamic in atl in that Kemba can be the guy until Frank is truly ready. They probably can play together in some lineup combinations as well. The way Frank has played to date leads me to believe he won't take a huge leap until year 3.

I have a ton more thoughts on this but I seriously think the Knicks can get a deal done utilizing Hernangomez or the 2019 1st with conditions. If we trade Willy, you can simply draft a comparable replacement in this year's draft. I just feel like Dwight will be a better presence in our front court and a major upgrade defensively over Kanter. Maybe we can somehow take on Batum to man the SF spot.

I just think there's a lot to like about dealing with Charlotte.
    Ok. Will do in future. Not interested in posting to post. I do it to hear thoughts and clear my mind about knick frustrations

And in my day, before this salary cap era. The Knicks were capable of acquiring the Monroe's, the debuscheres, etc. Yo move ahead. I am not afraid of trades. We just need knowledgeable front office staff.

I am not saying that we should. I am saying that he is not untouchable either when we think of this organization and fan base. Of course, what I have introduced is our normal operandi. Hate to see it but this is an organizational problem. One that needs adressing during the off season. We need better direction in coaching and front office. Willy is losing value. Kp is idk yet, and our 19 y.o is under this intense micro scope. As a gm. I would have to explore what a walker can mean for the next 3 to 5 years.

Ok. Go back to the actual draft. We are at pick 8. Dsj, mitchel, Frank. And the Sacramento guard are on the board. I think kemba is coming off of an all star yr. I don't think you just ignore that possibility. So know the only thought is walker v Frank with fillers. May be. May be not. But it intrigues me despite our history bc a 27 year old guard is not old and we live in a guard driven era
    You’re seeing this entire thing very narrowly. Does it intrigue you to have Kemba for here for 1.5 seasons, get us a worse draft pick this year, maybe be a 7/8 seed over the next season, and then have to pay a nearly 29 year old Kemba 25 million a year to stay here? Can you seriously not see why this is a flawed plan?

You seem to be one of the older posters, so you’ve obviously followed this team over the past 30+ years (likely longer). How much longer do you want to repeat the same mistakes and stay in this garbage *** situation we’ve been in for the past 18 years? Seriously. Because basically that’s what you’re suggesting.

I don’t really understand what you’re trying to say about this past draft. I wanted a PG. we got one. Full disclosure, I personally likely would have taken DSJ at the time. But I’m honestly not sure that’s the right call, or that we didn’t make the right call. Outside of scoring (which btw in limited minutes today Frank again showed flashes of a guy who should be able to score 10+ ppg once he develops), Frank can do everything. You guys just have zero patience and can’t stop yourselves from rushing to judgement. That’s how bad decisions are made.

Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    Why can't 2 NBA rookies be Compared?

If Frank wasn't ready to play in the NBA he shouldn't have signed up for the Draft.
    Both guys have equal NBA experience and according to some Posters the French League is a better league than NCAA division 1 basketball. I agree that you shouldn't judge a player after a couple of months in the league. Imo Frank will be fine but if you're expecting him to one day be better than Mitchell I have a feeling you'll be waiting a long time.
    Lol Frank is ready to play in the NBA. Have you never seen other rookies? Did you not see Jason Kidd, or Dirk, or Giannis or Kawhi? Statements like that are nothing short of laughable. And meaningless.

Obviously Mitchell (who I love btw), will be a superior scorer to Frank through his career. I’m not expecting Frank to be a big scorer. Some of you guys seem to only look at scoring.

Mitchell plays D, good passer, again I like him. He’s not a PG though. And basically this past draft I wanted a PG, considering we’ve been lacking at that position since forever. That’s pretty much it.

Btw yes it matters that Mitchell is 2 years older than Frank. I feel like I shouldn’t have to explain why so I won’t.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast