Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    What's going on here? Is this a legitimate rumor that you can back up with a source?

Is this your own personal musing?

Clarify please.
    This thread should be closed or moved. No source and doesn't even match up salary wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    I'd take back Batum in return but NO Frank in the deal. Might give up a 2019 pick but a Kemba and Batum trade for Kanter, Lance, Lee and a 2019 pick is MORE than fair. Not like the Knicks were getting Zion Williamson in 2019 anyway!
    Hornets will not be interested-
    they can lose Kanter after he opts in for nothing the next year, Thomas has next yr then only a 1 mil guarantee the next so that is okay, and Lee has two years after this so not sure how this is getting the Hornets what they want?
    There are contenders that will give more back in return

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    This thread should be closed or moved. No source and doesn't even match up salary wise.
    no there has been multiple sources with links in this thread, and they do refer to Knicks and Kemba.

I've read three myself and one is the Post, and two other web sites have this topic

all good

It's just the articles are saying Hornets want to shed their big contracts and get picks and young players back.

Not sure we fit the bill here.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Look on line. I am sure you know how to Google. Dont read it then. It will die on its own. Hard to not be in control huh

There are many different players hypothesized. No different than any other rumor or "source". do your own homework.

"I can't tolerate seeing something I can't believe " " and I can't avoid looking at it" ohhhhh.... what a pain! What a pain!!

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    That trade gives the Knicks a younger SF that is still only 21 years old and shows signs of being a lockdown defender who can score. Problem with him on the Pistons is that they are in a win now mode and he is not on the same timeline as Drummond, Reggie and Harris. Q would fit right into their system playing the same role that he has with the Knicks. Lance is the kind of coaches pet player that guys like SVG love and on a cheap contract. Leuer gives the Knicks even more depth in the front court and shooting off the bench.

I just see that trade being a good way of shaking things up for both sides without moving key players for the future or draft picks. Leuer's contract is a little longer than Perry might want back but he is a solid bench player to have.

Again, I like Kemba but the only young player I would give up for him is Kanter and a 2nd round pick.
    Fair enough. I don't know enough about lauer

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    no there has been multiple sources with links in this thread, and they do refer to Knicks and Kemba.

I've read three myself and one is the Post, and two other web sites have this topic

all good

It's just the articles are saying Hornets want to shed their big contracts and get picks and young players back.

Not sure we fit the bill here.
    We don’t fit the bill because we’re in no position to be giving up picks and young players.

Some fans simply will never, ever learn. It’s the same mistakes over and over again. Repeating the same actions that have put us in an 18 year quagmire and expecting different results.

Kemba is great... for a contending team! We are not that. Do we really want to trade our young guys & picks (aka the farm) to be an 8th seed and have to pay KP & Kemba a combined $50 million+ a year in 18 months?

Quote Originally Posted by nicnac View Post
    Fair enough. I don't know enough about lauer
    lauer out for year, ankle surgery

If you look at the next two years for the Knicks, at best you have 10 Mil in cap each year. The key is 2020-2021, they’ll have boatloads of cap that year. If you look at the next two years, hard to see how they would spend the space.

Accordingly I think the following trade makes sense. Marvin Williams, Mkg, Kemba for kanter, Thomas, Oquinn, McDermott, chi 2nd.

Frank and possible 2019 pick (and noah) for walker?

Balances knicks roster, maintains 2020-2021 space, keeps young assets. Hornets save a ton as Oquinn, McDermott fall off cap, Thomas has 1 year left essentially.
    Last edited by nysportsfan23; 01-20-2018 at 09:44 PM.

Only downside is if you want to keep mcbuckets or if you’re certain kanters opting out.

Kemba is a good deal, other contracts I'm not sure about.

For anyone already giving up on Frank, here's 2 stat lines from 2 rookie seasons (at about the same age)....

Player A:
    GP GS MIN FGM FGA FG% 3PM 3PA 3P% FTM FTA FT% OFF DEF TRB AST STL BLK PF TOV PTS
    49 0 13.1 1.47 3.84 .383 0.20 0.86 .238 0.59 0.88 .674 0.10 1.12 1.22 1.90 0.35 0.00 1.10 1.24 3.73

Player B:
    GP GS MIN FGM FGA FG% 3PM 3PA 3P% FTM FTA FT% OFF DEF TRB AST STL BLK PF TOV PTS
    43 0 20.8 2.05 5.88 .348 0.58 1.88 .309 0.63 0.88 .711 0.37 1.98 2.35 3.51 1.12 0.21 2.47 1.91 5.30

Player B is Frank...

Player A is Dennis Schroder...

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by nysportsfan23 View Post
    If you look at the next two years for the Knicks, at best you have 10 Mil in cap each year. The key is 2020-2021, they’ll have boatloads of cap that year. If you look at the next two years, hard to see how they would spend the space.
    Agreed. Which is why I think you use these years to pick another player in the draft and develop him and Frank. Unless some amazing trade falls to you as a team or you can deal contracts. I see your idea below and it is certainly sound logic, I like it. MKG and Williams are have a player option after the 2019 season and become UFAs in 2020. They could be very traceable contracts if they opt in after next season, so including Kemba's contract and Noah's you could shed 63 mil after the 20 season.
    There is also the chance MKG can make a good contribution defensively

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

It's been reported in almost every NY paper that the Knicks want to players in the 2019 season.

this is why I keep saying Noah will be stretched.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast